Skybound's Journal

I like the sound of that cheese its fun to grow a real vigorous plant idk if I would like the tast or high whats it like?

One of my people said it gives him anxiety. Other than that, I didn't mind the high, and usually I'm the one that gets uber anxiety from certain strains, but not this. I guess for your avg smoker, it would be a mid to late day smoke. I have a severely low tolerance, so it left me a bit groggy, but I'd bet for a normal person that would express as giddy, creative and somewhat social. Zero dry mouth was my experience and the flavor was expressed somewhere is the region of banana bread, or a mildly sweet cake batter. There were definitely strong notes of cheese, and when combined with the sweetness that Epsom salts give, that made for a mild cheesecake flavor, shit you not. I'm not implying you soil growers should be putting Epsom in your soils, but do look into upping your sulfur content so long as doing so doesn't hurt your microbial activity because DAMN, everything I've grown with elevated sulfur tastes so damn good.

Here's the Pineapple Chunk at 43 days. The colas are starting to fill out and stack up. The buds are still skinny IMO, but I'm a lot happier than I was last week. She has very frosty sugar leaves, and the popcons down low, despite being in the shade, have filled out as if they were in good light. If her buds swell nice and plump, I can imagine she'll do 18-22 zips, but I do need all those donkey dicks to swell up like the Cheese did for those predictions to materialize.

looks great , the longer you cure your buds the better the effect and less freaky highs with anxiety levels , you will gain more medical effect from curing ,

Drying and curing will also greatly improve the taste of a crop. This is due in part to processes that break down chlorophyll over time, resulting in a less-harsh taste. This aspect is especially important for those aiming to share their product or use it medicinally. Drying and curing is also reported to reduce the anxiety associated with smoking cannabis; it may even increase cannabinoid potency.

One of my people said it gives him anxiety. Other than that, I didn't mind the high, and usually I'm the one that gets uber anxiety from certain strains, but not this. I guess for your avg smoker, it would be a mid to late day smoke. I have a severely low tolerance, so it left me a bit groggy, but I'd bet for a normal person that would express as giddy, creative and somewhat social. Zero dry mouth was my experience and the flavor was expressed somewhere is the region of banana bread, or a mildly sweet cake batter. There were definitely strong notes of cheese, and when combined with the sweetness that Epsom salts give, that made for a mild cheesecake flavor, shit you not. I'm not implying you soil growers should be putting Epsom in your soils, but do look into upping your sulfur content so long as doing so doesn't hurt your microbial activity because DAMN, everything I've grown with elevated sulfur tastes so damn good.

Here's the Pineapple Chunk at 43 days. The colas are starting to fill out and stack up. The buds are still skinny IMO, but I'm a lot happier than I was last week. She has very frosty sugar leaves, and the popcons down low, despite being in the shade, have filled out as if they were in good light. If her buds swell nice and plump, I can imagine she'll do 18-22 zips, but I do need all those donkey dicks to swell up like the Cheese did for those predictions to materialize.

nice thanks for the comeback you really explained im not good at that but im working on it I prefer everything I grow to be very potent I have built up quite a tolerance if its to potent ill just toke less that cheese sounds good ill have to research it a little more btw im not putting it in the soil im selectively doing foliar on the bottoms of the fans don't want any on the actual buds I don't see where its hurting anything so ill keep giving the a little thanks bud!

I just took a prelim weight of my last chop and it came back 16.6 zips which is a few less than last round, but still well over the #.

I'm still chasing down my nute regimen and have grown very dissatisfied with using the STEM. My micros are fairly close to my desired targets, but just found out they're all made from sulfates, and the iron especially can oxidize and fall out of the mix (precipitate), but also that the ionic metals can attack the chelated metals in the Peter's mix and disrupt the chelates. I learned this lesson after ordering all of those sulfates individually, so it looks like I get to play around and make a completely ideal mix to be used with Peters, or I can use what I have to replace Peters. I might just build a complete sulfate based mix of everything and leave the chelated Peter's alone till I can get the 3 remaining ingredients, but chelated, then that should be it for what I need to get for the rest of my grow, or 5 years +/-, whatever comes first.

Here's that mess @Tead warned me about. This (#2) is just about to the end of week 4, and I've already cleaned up her under carriage well. This is a seed plant FWIW, and the other seed plant that will be harvested next is looking great, but thicker branches. I love #1's smell of a mild pineapple juice with no plant or weed smell at all. I hope they both express this trait. #2 is right up into the light fixture, whereas #1 is about as much as 6" below the fixture, but generally shorter. #2 expresses the ability to stack up sooner than #1, but her thin branches might make that a bad thing. All things considered, I can't image either doing less than a #, 18 zips might be a safer estimate. The future looks bright.

Bushy AF there buddy. The only plants I let get like that are the Sativa that I will runn 100+ days. All that undergrowth sorts itself out after say 80 days in flower.

Lots of fans will fall off and they grow back only where there's flowers.

Yeah for a short running hybrid, that's a pain. Plants spending too much time growing leaves.

I actually grow my plants that tall most all the time. Chemdawg will grow like that.
I'll usually stake and wire for support and thin out the middle to low + silica. Last week she's gonna drop her pants down so the stakes and wire help there.

Chemdawg back right staked
Long running Sativa back left - no support.
They are both in the lights now and flowering.
I run VERO29 @ 100w each.
I just added a QB 260w board in the middle space there where the little fan is. I use fans at the canopy on all the power supplies. Thats enough to keep then cool running full on.

I think that Timber adds in a potentiometer that wont let the psu run 100%. I've replaced one with the correct Ohms per MeanWell specs and it runs @110% full bore and gets pretty hot. I'm good with a little 9" fan on each power supply that keeps them warm to the touch.

The yellowing leaves are 2 plants getting ready for harvest. 1 already on the hook.

Here's a pic of one of the colas that is about 10" from the Timber COBs

Can see a little bit of trichome bulbs missing ... I could have brushed up against it tho!

Bushy AF there buddy. The only plants I let get like that are the Sativa that I will runn 100+ days. All that undergrowth sorts itself out after say 80 days in flower.

Lots of fans will fall off and they grow back only where there's flowers.

Yeah for a short running hybrid, that's a pain. Plants spending too much time growing leaves.

I actually grow my plants that tall most all the time. Chemdawg will grow like that.
I'll usually stake and wire for support and thin out the middle to low + silica. Last week she's gonna drop her pants down so the stakes and wire help there.

Chemdawg back right staked
Long running Sativa back left - no support.
They are both in the lights now and flowering.
I run VERO29 @ 100w each.
I just added a QB 260w board in the middle space there where the little fan is. I use fans at the canopy on all the power supplies. Thats enough to keep then cool running full on.

I think that Timber adds in a potentiometer that wont let the psu run 100%. I've replaced one with the correct Ohms per MeanWell specs and it runs @110% full bore and gets pretty hot. I'm good with a little 9" fan on each power supply that keeps them warm to the touch.

The yellowing leaves are 2 plants getting ready for harvest. 1 already on the hook.

Here's a pic of one of the colas that is about 10" from the Timber COBs

Can see a little bit of trichome bulbs missing ... I could have brushed up against it tho!

I've been meaning to ask you why some of your reflectors have a yellow hue and others a red hue? Did you print them from different rolls of filament? Mine are also a slight shade different for that reason. Also, do you have fans blowing across your heat sinks? I can't see completely, but it looks like you're also using the 140mm heat sinks and if that's the case, they're only rated for 75 watts, 80 max. I can only push my Vero 29's to about 75% before I start getting nervous. I can see those little bastards burning themselves right up. I've already melted a few sets of PLA reflectors and have since replaced everything with PETG printed reflectors to account for the high temps. I admit, I do need to get some active cooling on my heat sinks, but as is, most all plants grow right up into the fixture, so why bother pushing the lights harder?

That stretchy girl I have pictured already grew through the fixture and I've had to reposition a few leading branches to prevent burning or light blocking. She grows quick which is nice and seems to be stacking buds quicker than the other Pineapple, but she's not my favorite of the 2. The only way she can change my mind is if she gives me more than an ounce than the other PC. She is #2 in my book and I'll know after the 2nd round of each which one I'll keep and which I won't. I already have 2 full grown PC cuts in veg to replace their moms, as well as 3rd gen cuts that I'll cull.

I'm trying to be fair in my selections while being mindful of a micro nutrient disorder that I just worked out, but my solution will also run into problems in short order and it is just a temporary fix till I can get the chelated micros for the final solution. I'm now using sulfate micros, but those aren't that great to begin with, and I further complicate the issue by mixing them into a concentrate which then invites oxidization and subsequent precipitation of the metals which then runs me into micro deficiencies. The chelates should solve all of those problems once and for all. Baby steps, lol.

I saw a video once stating silica sprays are great for foliar as the elevated PH makes for a very poor environment for PM.

You got it, could be the science??

That's why I foiler with it. It's soluble foiler on so it gets right into the plant at every location thru stomata. Less need for translocation.

You got it, could be the science??

That's why I foiler with it. It's soluble foiler on so it gets right into the plant at every location thru stomata. Less need for translocation.

If it could be applied with no worry how the light is effected, I would practice foliar feeding, but it just seems more logical to me to only interact with the roots to mitigate any possible damage I could do otherwise. FWIW, my research suggests that nutrients that are chelated with organic acids are absorbed into the leaf surface about 40% faster, and of course those acids assist the use of the nutrient each contains, yet I still resist for my reasons.

The different color reflectors on my COBs are due to the reddish ones, those are 1750k and the others are 3K. 1750k is similar to Mars. Lots of red to far red. The plants will actually grow toward the 1750k COBs.

The MeanWell power supplies run much warmer than the heat sinks.

I have the 125mm splayed green heat sinks on those COBs - they are good for 80-100w.

I read about those reflectors. I'm not sure I'm sure. I've read that they actually helped direct more light down instead of partially out to the sides. I use em cause I don't like the light shining in my eyes when I'm in the flower room.

I'm thinking they started melting and that's the reason for the suggested change??

I'd have to get my light meters out. lol.

I solved any light issues, just added in another fixture.

Any added light I would need to start using Co2 to gain any benefit.

How did you make your shades?? Or where did you get them?

I did melt 1 - it was 1 that I kept hitting my head on in my VEG room. So kinda glad its not there. I hit it one time and knocked it off the fixture then I noticed is was slightly melted. I broke it with m

Why I always wear a hat... well cept indoors (at home). lol

I've hit my head a fair more times than most have. Lesson still not lernt.

I had a row boat hanging in my boat house from the ceiling - was head high. You couldn't count the number of times I hit my head on it. Took me 5 years I finally moved it last summer.

Of course that was right after I hit my head on it (with hat on). Took a temper tantrum of course complete with throwing hat on ground dancing around rubbing my head.

FFS - this boat is outta here. done

My wife even hung a rag on the row boat. I think it was so I wouldn't hit my head. lol.

True story. lol :passitleft:

I'm always tight with fund$ so aim to cut every corner wherever possible, so when building my fixtures, I thought I'd be able to print the reflectors to save the $2.50~ per COB. I wanted reflectors for the same reason, to save my vision. I don't have a meter to verify if they actually benefit the grow or not. A buddy reached out to the Angelina people and acquired the CAD file, so I was able to merge their reflector onto my custom base. I've also made a version of that design with just a generic cone that I believe works just as good. The actual Angelina reflector cone has small parabolas all over the inner cone, I assume to focus the light in some way, but I also presume that when printing the reflectors, the layering would more or less cancel that out anyways. I shared the generic reflectors to my Thingiverse, and also reach out to Ledil to seek permission to share my remix of their design, but they did not permit me, so the generic is all I put out there.

When printing, PLA can be extruded much quicker than PETG, so impatient people such as me prefer PLA. The downside is that PLA can't maintain it's shape well in high heat. PETG does much better. ABS would be ideal, but that shit is a nightmare to print. I've read so many horror stories about ABS that I've never even tried it. I've had the PETG reflectors in for about 2-3 months now and all is well.

Simple Bridgelux Vero29 Reflector by Skybound420

If you click on the "Thingview" icon, you can move the image around and figure out how I interlock the reflector onto the base, and also the clearance I left for solder joints onto the COB pads. If you have a printer, or know someone nearby with one, ask them to print you some reflectors and bases out of white PETG so you can swap out your busted reflector.

FWIW, when out walking the dog today, I walked my dome straight into an aluminum bleacher after reaching down to re-leash him. It sounded like the Gong Show and now have an egg on the side of my forehead to carry around for another week or so. I'm glad nobody was around to laugh because from the perspective of anybody but me, it most certainly would have made any bad day good.

your not alone bob my head has been beat to shit through my life that's funny about the boat for me its a grandfather clock that sets rite next to the pantry door which has a low ceiling so im bent over when I back out of the pantry and stand up to soon and hit my head on the side rail on the clock and the words come out mfffsss lol!

FWIW, when out walking the dog today, I walked my dome straight into an aluminum bleacher after reaching down to re-leash him. It sounded like the Gong Show and now have an egg on the side of my forehead to carry around for another week or so. I'm glad nobody was around to laugh because from the perspective of anybody but me, it most certainly would have made any bad day good.
ouch!:laugh:

Thanks Sky - I had some interior parts printed for LED lighting in my pickup truck.

I had a "gas hole" made for me so I could mount my gas cap when re-fueling. Best upgrade ever btw.

So kinda understand what you just said. J/K lol.

Be watchful of your gas cap doo hickey as chemicals and gases can cause rapid degradation or delamination. ABS prints I know are smoothed out by exposing the print to acetone fumes for 5-10 minutes, but extensive exposure would completely dissolve the print. Granted, it's not a very functional part, but still, your gas cap may vanish one random day, lol.

Drive-by. That's a full cabinet for sure.............

Interesting being 'able' to grow up into your lights. Whatever buddage you go closest to the lamp must be getting some extreme ass lum's or whatever unit of measurement one uses........ Reminds me of before modern access to the market and all the advancements,, all you had was home hobbled hid units,,, hoods and all. But there always was fluorescent..... T-12's or whatever them big ones were.. You know to this day,,, if someone wants nice tight short and bushy ass starts,, Try using fluorescent lamps. Like >2 inches and after started,, let them climb right into the bulbs.... @Cronichemphog Use to do that alot with his starts. Well I use to,, and should again,, be ALOT better than my sprouts competing for light with the rest of the veg tent..

I used like 4 4' bulb fixtures. I even made a plywood box once that had 12, 4' lamps in a semicircle top to the box. I use to veg in one like that in the late '70s. Hell even flowered under them.. Not that the weed was greeeeeat.

Seeing bags of toppend lumbo were around for 25-30 bucks.... Or good Thai Stick for 15$. Mex was 10$ a 'lid'.

Sorry, I came over and babbled awhile... Seen ya are searching for a fertilizer line. Or just refining. That's to me is a hard one.... I tend to work with both organics and salts. I know,,, don't make sense. But I only juice''' fertilizer, 3 maybe 4 times a crop. Now I've run the gambit and came back to GH regiment.

But being used to growing outdoors,,,, I supplement my soil so that in reality,, she has enough food to grow and complete crop without any help...

I just feel the need for extra flower ferts which are EXTREMELY helpful is producing fat flowers and enriched trichome development. But I do know I could also just brew alittle bat shit up.....

Well, I'm going to shut this hole,,, before I wander off again...
Looks pretty and green in there,,,, Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom