Smokemup's Latest Grow - Going For 1+lb! 400W MH/HPS - Soil - Indoor

Your welcome Aztec;)
Well buddy, if I were you Id do maybe a 2 plant grow and just spread them bitches branches out!!!! My space is 8ft H x 4.5ft W x 2.5ft D, So I have a taller than wider space. My next setup will be more squared so as to be able to train my plant easier, With my 600w HPS, above a 7ft total plant in pot height, I produced Cindy, the plant with the largest cola's on my journal so far- I have come close to the same harvest weight with a smaller plant, but only pulled 12 Oz last grow due to snapping main stem clean in half. Wouldve done a pound if not for that I can pretty easy say..
So your 600w will be enough light if your space is set up right, try to use Mylar for reflection, or white walls - and it will be upto you to try to train them into shape that your light covers adequately. I have made a rail uptop of my space for a DIY light mover, so I manually move the light from left/right up/down over the day pending on what Im doing, if Im training a cetrtain area I may keep light above that until it rectifies itself. Easy to do too, a simple version is to just use small link chain and keep an end open and then you can pull the chain and adjust lights height. And I always like to have a fan between globe and the top of the plant, just to move the hot air.
Hope tis give you some ideas :) Take it easy buddy, Smokemupm8:high-five:

Dooski, Hows things mate??
Great to see you drop in and thanks for the kind words too;) Yep youre just in time to see how this girl produces, I may have to use my 600w HPS after all, It will depend on how much stretch she has, I dont think much more than 1.5 - 2ft MAX. As she was under a 17/7 light schedule for Veg, and Ive dropped her to 15/9 for couple days and she will be under 12/12 from today..
But since the output of my 400w is limited and Teresa is as bushy as George Bush :) lol.. But it will do for now anyways...
I will have to drive by and check out your garden of green, hoping to see some nice gals! Take it easy buddy and will chat soon.

JIMMY MUTHA F%^&N CRICKET - MY MAIN MAN!!!!
How you doin son??? Hoping youre growing and going well;) Last check on your page I saw flowers, buds and some leaves that looked like mine get during flower, Ive gotta be caeful as to what Im feeding her, Im sticking to some Seaweed extract & small dash of Early Bloom. Im PH the feed to between 5.8 - 6.0 at present to try amend the soils PH, theres been added sulphur, but I dont know if that alone will be ok in the coming weeks or not?? I need to keep her mobile nutes and such in check, minimal N, some P,K, I was thinking of flushing her???
Maybe my meter is stuffed, but everything else works fine on it - Actually I will go test another couple of pot plants outside and see if theres any differential in the readings?? GEEEZ IM STOOPID AT TIMES!
So yeah mate - is 3.5 ft Veg height ok by you??? I couldnt push her to 4ft, I need to allow for stretch even tho there will hopefully not be much but I want at least 1.5ft over the nxt 60 days. Her sprout date was 27/7 - so add another 60 to that and thats her total grow time, I havent added it up lol Im baked as hell, But I hope its in the realms of feasability for some of you guys out there??
It is longer than a 12 week cycle, But that is due to my process and how big I want my plant, like last grow, I can grow smaller and bit faster, But I may lose out on a few ounces doing that, So Id rather her just grow out as much as she can ( after Ive trimmed her up ) and any poor growth will just get trimmed and stored for later to mix among bigger buds to smoke.. But the bulk 2/3rds of the plant should, like its predecessors, carry most of the harvest - thats my setup atm. I could strip it out but I dont like to hinder them much and since she only is showing the 2 white pistils instead of them coming from a uniform sex-calyx I dont wanna risk it hermie-ing on me.
If she stretches to 1.5ft she will be just on Cindy s dimensions :) I think that the gnats are causing MAJOR plant troubles, I lacked action earlier and now the shits are buzzing around alot so it seems some more DE DUST matey:thumb: Ya reckon I should go some Perlite on top again as I did with Cindy?? That seemed to help and the shits cant hide in the white pebbles :) Best be getting some me thinks..
Its good to see some new faces on my journal, I think that maybe some have maybe not droppped by as I havent been as active posting on their pages as I used to, Ive not done this deliberately and hope have not offended anyone? Ill have to get off my ass and do some drive by HELLO's I reckon.
GOOD CHATTING TO YA JIMMY - Have a good one and will talk soon... Smokemup:high-five:

Yeah man tomorrow will probably be the last or 2nd to last feeding for many plants. Two already are in flush and will get harvested in a few days or so.

I am at about 7 or 8 weeks on most plants, although some are more like 4 or 5, they all begin at different times...

To lower my soils PH, Ive been guided to a Sulphur product which is meant to lower PH when worked into the soil,and certain soils require certain amounts, The prob is, the words theyre using other than Sandy to describe my soil is confusing me to shit!! I dunno what it means - Must GOOGOOGLE it;) But my soil hasnt seemed to lower according to the treatment Ive given, Im feeding with PH adjusted solution, checking the run-off, added the sulphur - Just hope it will start to show some effects as Ive only recently added more to the top soil and spread it around and watered it a couple times, so maybe a couple more waterings will help do the trick??
Its weird too that according to the LIGHT OUTPUT chart above, of the HPS - That when I put my light tester under my 400w MH it only reads high readings the closer it gets. Now, the chart suggests that the HPS has a LOWER output than a 400w MH, But when I use my tester under it, it gives a stronger reading further down in my space than the MH did and also a higher reading?? Could it be the type of globe I use? As the Son T gro globe as Ive been told is meant to be a good globe. So Ill stay with the 400w as I said for now, but once she starts to bulk up, may have to hit the 600w just to give better penetration thru the cola's and canopies of leaves. I dont strip my branches I like a fair few leaves on my gals as you well know :) 70's STYLE!!!
I should be looking at between 17 - 20 main branches, with hopefully solid growth. Some stems have thickened and are clearly larger and better developed than others, I was gunna go troppo on the insides of her but I only took about 7 smallish branches off her base. Most leaves are yellowing around this area anyway and slowly dying off, some parts of her are hard to reach already so when she s bigger I may be in for a battle!! Take it easy guys - thanks for stopping by - Sorry if I havent been by your way in a bit - IM NOT BEING RUDE:/ I will drop by my buddies soon ok.. Have a good one guys, Ciao - Smokemup

Actually for my 2 in flush its been more like 72-76 days. As for some reason they started earlier. One is like a 9-10 week strain the other iono but its got some sativa in it. Both look right about ready to rock now, so will let em have another couple days of flush them pull em i suppose.

MAD AS!! Sounds good to me my friend....
Hoping all goes well and them big bad girls show you some big nuggage ;) Bending buds are ALWAYS great sign my friend - I remember a time not so long ago when stared with glee in anticipation of the weight the behold...
Your big mama PE that kept reachin for the sky - is she still going for a bit or is she nearing end now? As said looks sweet.. Good news my frend! Be cool matey and chat soon. Smokey & the Bong-hit :)

bending is fine but i have had to harvest like 4oz early because it bent, snapped and couldnt be reattached.

I got maybe like 25 branches that are half on lol...

Miwa's Big Momma was the PE and it went hermie, my Big momma is Purple Kush. Shes big and bad and the branches lean hard, almost had 4 massive branches snap off the other day but i think they made it.

If Big momma keeps on filling out I think she can do over 2p, no way shes under 1P even now and shes still got a a month of flower left at least. As long as her limbs don't snap off Ill be ok :)

Yeah I flush about a week before, thats ok for me so far? Ive heard a few flushing and only water for 2 weeks or so - But if your in soil and not going hard on nutes then that soil should hopefully be relatively "Neutral" shouldnt it after a good flush and a week? Anyways, YOURE THE BEST JUDGE OF YOUR BUDS! And am sure you will do fine, are u going for some ambers yeah???
Id be going for about maybe 10% or so, but since some Trichs still change color a little during drying maybe just abit over 5% - BUT funked if I know how I can ACCURATELY JUDGE THE % of amber Trichs:):) Catch ya budsy, Smokem

OH shit soz mate - My bad I got my pics mixed up :/ But yeah, thats wikid good - it duz suck when theres some breakage like what I did, but hopefully your branches that are clinging on still have one last swell for ya;)
Excellent work my friend.. A true Inspriaration

Ive read that tons of soil organic growers don't even flush at all not even a day. I've actually read some advise against any flush as they want the plant eating and growing more crystals right up until the second its chopped.

Personally Imma just go with flushing for 4-7 days on average and stick with that. It gets a lil hard to flush some plants and feed others though when they are all in a gardenbox together. But I do my best.

One cool thing I been doing is I have a 120 Liter per minute air pump now. So I make tea with that instead of a shitty little 2 LPM pump :).

A good thing I been using for the food is banana peels. Iono why I never thought of it before. But it gives good Potassium and probably a nice flavor in the buds. I just mix it in a blender then pour it in my compost tea along with things like bat guano, seaweed, molasses, azomite and such.

Yeah I used to use a compost of bananas peel,other fruits and animal manure worm castings that my mate has... Havent used nothing like that for a while now, But I think that some of my earlier ferts were better suited for my soil mix and the soil never really had any PH issues as it was fairly stable.
IDK what to do about this PH meter I think its stuffed, So ILL just go get ANOTHER ONE and see if that works? Everything else works on it but the PH died after like 2nd test.. So may have to try this soil PH test :/ Not good. Later mate, Smokemup

He'll yah thanks bro Ian gnna try and train them to where the light hits every single main cola an my bitches lol, but I have 4 plants going right now ill do the measurements on my space so u know what I'm working with. But that's nuts 1 pound I'm definitely gnna try to go for that . But what size gallon and how long do u leave them in veg for if u don't mind me asking . I kno u have the days on how long u begged for so idk why I'm asking lol

Lol@ Aztec.. Yeah mate - 1 pound p/plant;)
Now my growing style/time is more than some are prepared to do, which is why I did my last grow faster - But due to its main stem snapping clean in half during Veg, it was substantially reduced in its growth capacity. It had not yet fully formed all its new Apical tops so from the break point, I bonded it together which took thankfully, but all the growth above that point was stunted and smaller in comparison by over 50% tot he others. That gave me just over 12.5 oz. But I cured it pretty well and am still toking it at present :) Still getting me ripped!!
I use a 35 Litre pot - think its 9 - 10 gallon? Not sure on conversion sorry! I Veg my girls until theyre @ 3.5- 4ft tall and theyll usually be around 3.5ft wide at that stage too. For one plant if I could, Id have a 4.5ft x 4.5ft square box, with a height of upto 8ft.. From that space Id definately expect + 1pound p/plant in say 15-16 weeks pending on the plants Flower period.. Tho you do need to have the lighting power and setup of the plant to be adequate to achieve this.
There is always room for improvement some may like to grow 2 - 4 plants in a space that size, its purely PERSONAL CHOICE - I am just showing my way and results, just over 1pound every 16 weeks is ok for myself, I normally grow outside and am used to long summers of anticipation;) So for me growing is a joy I just think theyre a beautiful plant and also that its medicinal is a double bonus ay!!!
Anyway I have some more charts Im gunna upload for you guys to check out - may be a handy reference or two???
Cheers for stopping in and just browse any of my previoous journals to see how I started their growing style.. Have a good one - Smokemup

Well I cracked it with this PH shit... The whole time Ive had a small container of vineger sitting in my grow space - DONT ASK ME WHY! - But anyway my genuis brain of mine is sitting there thinking shit, my PH meters stuffed, or Oh my plants PH is 8 and its not dropping after adding amendments what do I do??? The scent of vinegar wafted in and for some friggin reason it hit me - YA CAN USE VINEGAR TO MAKE THE SOIL MORE ACIDIC AND THERE FORE LOWER THE PH!!!!
TADAAAA!!!! 8 weeks later my brain works... yay for me?? Anyways I googled it just to double check my mania, and sure enuf - YES YOU CAN USE IT TO LOWER PH, and its meant to be fairly safe long as not undiluted I guess, So I mixed a batch and then thoroughly cleaned my PH METER ( thanks ) and then poured away, then I tested the soils PH with my meter and holy bat balls if it didnt just drop to 6.9 I was like O-O YEAHHH BOI!!!!!! Woohooo!!!
So my meter is now working and soil is lower in PH, I bought me some Perlite and DE dust today too - ITS ON FUNGUS GNATS - YOURE GOING DOWN!!!! Mwahahahha. Suckers.. I really hate em ay, if you couldnt tell..
So hoping my plant wont die from vinegar poisoning if it does Ill just add some salt and bake it in the oven? Oven baked ganja plant, YUMMO!! I bet youre all salivating over the thoughts of that :) lol..
Ok well Im off to add my Perlite and DE dust.... ITS ON..... Thanks guys, take care and chat soon... Smokemup

* PHOTO UPDATE - TERESA DAY #3 OF FLOWER *

Welcome all to my latest update! Hope to find you all growing along well and theyre nice big budded gals;) My Teresa is now into flower and I can see her 2 white pistils forming at all the node junction so thats cool..
Ive had to spread her out some more, a couple of rogue branches are at hand and are gaining height faster, So Ive hit the brakes with em a bit with a tether and trim.
Sort of been concerned about removing this growth but some is dying off anyway, But I dont like hacking at em during flower, tho if a bud site is shadowed I will change that. Currently she stands at 4'2" or 5ft 2' in pot, She is not far off Cindy - another 15 days and I think Ill be staring at a big plant:) Well hopefully... OH AND GUESS WHAT ?? I PERLITED THAT SHIT AND DE DUSTED IT AND 2 days later - No more Gnats buzzin around :cheer::cheer: Yeah hahaha Suckers are dead - But I have to wait for any larvae to mature and die to be totally free but they dont take long to mature so maybe couple weeks and Ill be sweet.. WIKID!!! Ok, well enuf chait chat, here s some pics of my girl in her tanning light:)

DSCF2045.jpg
PERLITE & DE DUST.. I LOVE IT:)
DSCF2039.jpg
left side...
DSCF20421.jpg
Centre pic..
DSCF20471.jpg
To the right
DSCF2046.jpg
Under the hood ;)

Ok so theres a few snaps of Teresa just into flower she s abit more along than that now but she has a great size and some branches are forming alot of bud shoots which is great! I have about 18 main tops, maybe more if they increase stretch some more, theyre only like 3 Inch shorter than the larger ones.. Im keeping the 400w on her for a couple weeks and then maybe go the 600w if she grows to size I want her at..
AND HERE ARE SOME CHARTS OF MH/HPS LUMEN + OPTIMAL DISTANCES, AND ALSO ANOTHER WHICH IS KIND OF SHOWING YOU HOW TO CORRECTLY SET YOUR LIGHT SO ITS SPREAD IS COVERING THE AREA YOU WANT BETTER>>>

DSCF20352.jpg
DSCF20361.jpg
DSCF20343.jpg
DSCF20331.jpg

Thanks to everyone who dropped by and hope I have some good luck with her.. Oh and also just found out I have cancer :/ Not bad I hope - Ill be ok, BUT I ALSO WANTED TO JUST WARN SOME OF YOU MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SUN GLASSES AND COVER UP IF YOU SPEND ALOT OF TIME UNDER MH/HPS LIGHTING. As it has high UV outputs,which MAY contribute to skin cancers, so just thought Id mention it to you all so you can protect yourselves alittle ;) TAke it easy guys, Have a good one and chat soon. SMokemup

Im very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. I hope that you get good treatment and quickly.

I feel tiny and petty complementing you on a plant, but it looks great. Get healthy sir.
:circle-of-love:

Looking great smoke! :thumb:
Sorry to hear about the cancer man. Its a terrible disease. Is it skin cancer? My great uncle grew up roofing and never wore a hat, needless to say he has set the record for the most cancers cut off at the VA in Houston. He is the toughest man I know has has gone through an extreme amount of pain for not wearing a hat or using sunscreen when he was younger.

Back
Top Bottom