Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

At the last minute, I decided to FIM rather than top the top four main branches. I’ll do the next node down next week. I think FIM-ing slows upward growth more?

DSC00415.JPG

DSC00416.JPG

DSC00417.JPG

DSC00418.JPG

Ok I’m here in your journal! Your plant is beautiful! Maybe I can get mine good. Thanks for going to help me.
Thanks Retired, There is no reason you cant grow nice plants. There are plenty of good people here that can and want to help. Let me know what I can do. From what I see, many people make growing weed much more complicated than it needs to be. Its a weed. Given some extra care, they do thrive.
I picked up the greenhouse for outside because we get a lot of rain and humidity in the summer. Last year I grew three on the patio and was always moving the pots to keep out of the rain.
I'm happy to help if I can. Let me know what I can do? I'm in Europe, so we are in different time zones, CET.

Thanks Retired, There is no reason you cant grow nice plants. There are plenty of good people here that can and want to help. Let me know what I can do. From what I see, many people make growing weed much more complicated than it needs to be. Its a weed. Given some extra care, they do thrive.
I picked up the greenhouse for outside because we get a lot of rain and humidity in the summer. Last year I grew three on the patio and was always moving the pots to keep out of the rain.
I'm happy to help if I can. Let me know what I can do? I'm in Europe, so we are in different time zones, CET.
Thanks. I’ll let you know as i go.

Hey Stink - All looks good!!! I like to see that you are on casters - I am using laundry tubs with old lawnmower wheels for mobility. :ciao:
Hi greenjeans, thanks. I got lucky and found the dolly for $15. Whatever works, its a lot of soil to try and move around without wheels. We can get heavy rain so I put her in a greenhouse when needed. :peace:

Very Nice @stinker I'm building a High Tunnel, Hoop House, Greenhouse... whatever you want to call it, this year and just found your journal. Will be watching since I'm also new to the greenhouse grow. :popcorn:

Very Nice @stinker I'm building a High Tunnel, Hoop House, Greenhouse... whatever you want to call it, this year and just found your journal. Will be watching since I'm also new to the greenhouse grow. :popcorn:
Thank you Morda, glad to have you along. Its nice to have somewhere to get out of the rain. Hoop houses are nice, good going with the build.

Thank you Morda, glad to have you along. Its nice to have somewhere to get out of the rain. Hoop houses are nice, good going with the build.

I just ordered the plastic today for my setup. I can not wait to get growing in it. Your back drop makes me miss my time childhood camping up in Rockies. Gota love the mountains!

I just ordered the plastic today for my setup. I can not wait to get growing in it. Your back drop makes me miss my time childhood camping up in Rockies. Gota love the mountains!
Are you going to journal the build? I like the idea of being able to deprive light and force flower. If I would have thought about it I would have gone with or built a hoop type. I was only thinking about getting out of the rain.

Are you going to journal the build? I like the idea of being able to deprive light and force flower. If I would have thought about it I would have gone with or built a hoop type. I was only thinking about getting out of the rain.

Yes I kinda am doing a journal on the build here...

My setup has less to do about rain, and more about the control of the environment. I plan on starting an official journal when I actually start growing in it.

I'm sure you could do a deprived light in a hoop house. I think you would have to do a tent inside the hoop house to really get it dark during the day. You can also get covers that could cover the whole thing but that is very costly. For me I use wicking pots outside and It is kinda hard to over water with them. In the Hoop house I'm going to experiment with different containers. I do want to have them mobile just in case of heat issues in the summer. I'm planning on doing a irrigation system since there will be no rain getting to them.

Yes I kinda am doing a journal on the build here...

My setup has less to do about rain, and more about the control of the environment. I plan on starting an official journal when I actually start growing in it.

I'm sure you could do a deprived light in a hoop house. I think you would have to do a tent inside the hoop house to really get it dark during the day. You can also get covers that could cover the whole thing but that is very costly. For me I use wicking pots outside and It is kinda hard to over water with them. In the Hoop house I'm going to experiment with different containers. I do want to have them mobile just in case of heat issues in the summer. I'm planning on doing a irrigation system since there will be no rain getting to them.
I did see that. Sorry I spaced on the name. Nice build.

I’m letting the 4 lowest branches, lead the way for awhile. The stretch should start soon. She might get big! If it’s not raining or dark I roll her outside.

Not much has changed other than it finally stopped raining. It was getting seriously humid indoors with all the rain we’ve been having.

DSC00472.JPG

DSC00473.JPG

DSC00478.JPG

Today 6 branches were supercropped at roughly 8” to 10” from the tops, the tops that were topped or FIM’d a few weeks ago. The 4 remaining mains were topped a few days ago and left unrestrained. If last year is an indication of timing, the stretch should start here soon.

I attached a pick of the tool I made to squash the stems for supercropping. It works well and doesn’t need tape.

Happy grows everyone.

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00499.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00501.JPG

The supercropping from this morning took pretty well. The branches that were crushed were some of the woodiest and toughest I have cropped this way. The bends seem to have held for now, and the newest growth has changed direction fast. I supercropped just past where the lst training line terminates. Where cropped the branches show as slightly bruised and black. We might end up with a nice outdoor canopy this year after the stretch.

DSC00502.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

DSC00504.JPG

Of the 6 main tops I FIM’d the other day, only 3 actually gave up more than if just topped. Of those, two have a deformed 4th growth. Should I cut the deformed shoot off? I probably waited too long to FIM, she had already started with some staggered nodes. I left the 2 bottom nodes/4 branches for awhile longer before topping or cropping. Waiting to see how well the lower growth catches up. Supercropping is a cool tool!

I haven’t done a full season, prepared grow since the 70’s. Last year I tried. Shoots, In HI, 6 weeks veg would get too big. I think she looks good?

DSC00542.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00544.JPG

DSC00545.JPG

Back
Top Bottom