High Desert Greenhouse Grow

Nice looking gals you got there and I love your outdoor setup! Maybe someday I’ll have something like that for summer grows!

Love and respect to all. A happy belated 420 and a happy Earth Day.
ron-cobbs-1969-ecology-symbol-1.png

The greenhouse is getting full. Time to open #2
Purple Punch and Bubba Kush in the ground
Afghani, Purple Punch, White Widow x Durban Poison and some and Purple Punch and GSC boys for pollen in various pots.
Smile and stay stoneder
20210422_131041.jpg

Love and respect to all. A happy belated 420 and a happy Earth Day.
ron-cobbs-1969-ecology-symbol-1.png

The greenhouse is getting full. Time to open #2
Purple Punch and Bubba Kush in the ground
Afghani, Purple Punch, White Widow x Durban Poison and some and Purple Punch and GSC boys for pollen in various pots.
Smile and stay stoneder
20210422_131041.jpg
Plants looking beautiful!

Love and respect to all.
Photo update. Greenhouse #1 clockwise from bottom left: Purple Punch, Afghani, Purple Punch, Afghani, Girl Scout Cookies.
20210515_082547.jpg

Greenhouse #2 clockwise from bottom left: Solo cups of White Widow x Durban Poison, Purple Punch, 4 Bubba Kush, Purple Punch.
20210515_083514.jpg

Smile and stay stoneder.

Thanks Stone, mdlroad and tommboy. I've been lucky so far. The weather here in the high desert has been windy but cooler than usual for now. Plenty of time for the inevitable heat.
Smile and stay stoneder.

Love and respect to all. We're in the heat for the summer. Over 100 today and for the foreseeable future , lol! Photo update:
Greenhouse #1 clockwise from bottom left: Purple Punch, Afghani, Purple Punch, Afghani, GSC.
20210602_124117.jpg

Greenhouse #2 clockwise from bottom left:
Purple Punch, Bubba Kush, BK, BK, BK, Purple Punch. Pots contain White Widow x Durban Poison.
20210602_124011.jpg
Gonna fit another GSC in each garden.
Smile and stay stoneder

Love and respect to all. We're in the heat for the summer. Over 100 today and for the foreseeable future , lol! Photo update:
Greenhouse #1 clockwise from bottom left: Purple Punch, Afghani, Purple Punch, Afghani, GSC.
20210602_124117.jpg

Greenhouse #2 clockwise from bottom left:
Purple Punch, Bubba Kush, BK, BK, BK, Purple Punch. Pots contain White Widow x Durban Poison.
20210602_124011.jpg
Gonna fit another GSC in each garden.
Smile and stay stoneder
It won't go below 100 in Yuma for sure. Your gals looking good

Looking good! I can’t remember if you mentioned it but how did you amend you soil when you planted in the ground?

Hi Fred! :ciao: Your green houses are shaping up nicely! :thumb:

Looking good! I can’t remember if you mentioned it but how did you amend you soil when you planted in the ground?
Hello, sorry for the delay. I use an outside patio potting soil (brand starts with a K) with a little perlite. I actually dig the old, used soil and put it in my raised vegetable beds and use new soil for the girls. Every year my veggies beds get deeper and I never worry about salts in the soil.
Smile and stay stoneder

Hi Fred! :ciao: Your green houses are shaping up nicely! :thumb:
Thanks Beez! Good to see you:yummy:. I've been lacking in visiting and posting but I hope all is well with you and yours. Smile and stay stoneder.

Hello, sorry for the delay. I use an outside patio potting soil (brand starts with a K) with a little perlite. I actually dig the old, used soil and put it in my raised vegetable beds and use new soil for the girls. Every year my veggies beds get deeper and I never worry about salts in the soil.
Smile and stay stoneder
No worries :) So you dig the hole and fill it with potting soil? Sorta using the ground as a pot? Or do you amend the native soil with the mix?

No worries :) So you dig the hole and fill it with potting soil? Sorta using the ground as a pot? Or do you amend the native soil with the mix?
Good morning! :passitleft: I hope you and yours are healthy and happy and enjoying the weekend. I've found that digging a hole and using pure, good soil works for me. As I said, the soil lives on in my raised beds. The roots definitely go beyond the potting soil and into the native sandy soil but I guess they get stuff from there that is important. I feed once a week with....ta daa! Miracle grow. Regular old stuff. A tblsp per gallon. When they go into flower I add liquid Kool bloom and floralicious plus, a little dry Kool bloom at the end and cut the MG in half. This works for me. Lots of nutes and methods out there. I hand water one greenhouse and the other gets 5minutes x 2 daily on a drip. When they get big its 10 x 2. I hope this helps. Smile and stay stoneder.

Thanks for sharing your process! A lot of people hate on miracle grow but I use it myself for my potted veggies. Has always worked great! I would like to try the good soil in a hole method someday. Our soil is crap too.

Good morning! :passitleft: I hope you and yours are healthy and happy and enjoying the weekend. I've found that digging a hole and using pure, good soil works for me. As I said, the soil lives on in my raised beds. The roots definitely go beyond the potting soil and into the native sandy soil but I guess they get stuff from there that is important. I feed once a week with....ta daa! Miracle grow. Regular old stuff. A tblsp per gallon. When they go into flower I add liquid Kool bloom and floralicious plus, a little dry Kool bloom at the end and cut the MG in half. This works for me. Lots of nutes and methods out there. I hand water one greenhouse and the other gets 5minutes x 2 daily on a drip. When they get big its 10 x 2. I hope this helps. Smile and stay stoneder.
I was giving plants to a friend to grow for a few years and he uses MG too. He gives me jars of awesome weed every harvest!

I was giving plants to a friend to grow for a few years and he uses MG too. He gives me jars of awesome weed every harvest!
Hi Stone, Thanks for stopping by.I have had great results myself. For veg, it's so convenient to feed all my gardens with it. Of course the girls need some extra TLC when flowering (don't they all:kiss:) so I don't feel the MG would finish as nice. Smile and stay stoneder.

Back
Top Bottom