Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

Yesterday was another rainy cold day, at least it never poured and I was able to leave her out. It was also a heavy feed/water and supplement day. There was macro, micros, enzymes, boosters some alfalfa with a good dose of N and the first P&K. Today she looks great, it’ll be another cold, rainy drizzly day today, tomorrow should be partly sunny. I’m hoping her indica side is appreciating the weather. I keep telling myself we should see flowering any day.

My indoor is so crowded, I will take one soon.
I really like growing outdoors!

Happy grows

20210808_075409.jpg

20210808_075428.jpg

20210808_075503.jpg

20210808_081832.jpg

Yesterday we had great weather. There is not much new here. Dos Si is liking her food and drinking a lot of water. I think I see the start of some flowers. There are definitely calyxes and hairs at each node now. I will feel better when there is actual flowering going on. She should be impressive once she starts, there are so many tops. I like growing outdoors.

Happy grows.

DSC00825.JPG

DSC00826.JPG

DSC00827.JPG

DSC00830.JPG

It will be another beautiful day today. I seriously think the buds have started. I think I see. I think I see! I hope I see the start. The days are getting shorter. The sun used to hit the plant at 7:30 am, now its 7:50.

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

Looking beautiful, man :yummy:
You’ve trained her well.
Bring on the buds!
Thank you DD.
She is nice, its hard waiting on the buds.
There are more hairs today. Any day now! :cool:

Its a beautiful wet morning but the sun will shine later today. The budding has started. It'll show better soon. Sometimes I am a little impatient and was thinking light contamination or something else was holding her back.

DSC00986.JPG

DSC00987.JPG

DSC00988.JPG

This past year I have been amending my soil with Glacial Rock Dust or flour and other things. Some of the rock dust is a bit gritty. I don't use much at all. For the 20 Gal, there should be around .25 of a cup. I'm noticing that this this grit is settling at the top of the bag up around the stalk. Its odd that this is working its way up and not down. It also looks as if the finer soil has worked its way up as well, not down. Does anyone know why this would happen? Its like the soil is pushing the grit and fine stuff up. I like growing outside

DSC01055.JPG

Not sure why, I know my soil has settled over time. Do you have worms in the soil that are moving it around? I add earth worms to all my buckets.... not sure if they would survive in bags.

Not sure why, I know my soil has settled over time. Do you have worms in the soil that are moving it around? I add earth worms to all my buckets.... not sure if they would survive in bags.
No worms that I added.

Buds started about a week ago with some white pistols just starting to show today. The fun begins, I like watching the buds form and stack up.
Its been a wet and cloudy summer. Happy grows

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

DSC01078.JPG

About the rock dust - soil migrates as you water, see 2nd pic and read paragraph above it Water a potted plant

whoo whee that’s a vibrant shade of green - dang that’s honking gorgeous!!!!
Thanks for the link 013, I knew I remembered reading about the fine stuff migrating out of the middle. @Emilya is spot on in her description. The top 2 to 3" of this grow bag is a carpet of the shortest little roots woven together. After a feed/water, the tips of which all just barely break the top of the soil. Its cool!
You will see the very finest soil, almost a mud, migrating out of the old root ball, and into the middle! This completes the process of soil exchange in the container

A few days ago I trapped a few winged aphids on the yellow sticky. Sure enough a few days later there are aphid eggs & nymphs on the undersides of many fans. Yesterday I sprayed/drenched with NeemAzal which is a new product for me. Last year I had the same type aphids on 1 plant of 3 and used Spinosad with minimal success. They didn’t spread or get worse but I never totally eradicated them.

NeemAzal , from what I can find is similar to Azamax, perhaps not as refined. I can’t find much info on it. Is anyone familiar with NeemAzal? It didn’t hurt the plant any overnight. When I lived in HI, I used regular diluted Neem with a couple drops of soap for a few grows, and then switched to Spinosad. The Neem worked great but smelled.

I love this stage of outside grows. It looks like there will be more than a few buds. The canopy was a success, and the center mass stems are nearly equal in size and diameter as the tops of the uppermost branches. All 10 main branches are fairly equal.

DSC01086.JPG

I think Aphids and spider mites are the worse things to deal with. I have not used Neemazal before only spinosad and that was for Thips. Other than the creepies it looking really nice.

I think Aphids and spider mites are the worse things to deal with. I have not used Neemazal before only spinosad and that was for Thips. Other than the creepies it looking really nice.
I agree Morda. I have never had mites but seeing what others go through is awful. I have had aphids and they are hard to get rid of. The NeemAzal seems to have knocked them back, it also looks like the eggs are drying. Will give 2nd application in 6 days. It looks like this will work in a couple applications. It makes the greenhouse smell like an Indian restaurant.

I was able to verify that Azamax is NeemAzal via an article for THC Farmer -
"1. Neem oil and insecticides that are derivative of “NeemAzal Technical” are in no way the same thing. First of all we have to address that Azamax is just “NeemAzal Technical” diluted and bottled by GH. This is on the product description on GH site." I'm glad I found the NeemAzal as I've heard only good things about Azamax. It should work for me with just 1 more application. I hope. Article also states that the sun will fully break down the product w in 7 days.

1664573663415.png

Hey stinker, sorry I have been AWOL a bit from 420 lately and missed some alerts. Your plants are looking really wonderful, can't wait to see them develop further. :yummy:
Thank you Stunger. I am very happy with the way things turned out. Looking forward to following your upcoming grow.:blunt:

Good morning sunshine! After some cold rainy days we have sun in the forecast for the next few days.

Yesterday I gave the 2nd application of NeemAzal (Azamax). It works.
Today is a feed and water day. She is hungry, there is some early yellowing. The leaf variegation that was present early on in the grow seems to be returning. If so, it should show more in a week or so.

This morning I put into soil three freshly germinated Barneys Farm seeds. They are a MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH, LEMON TREE and a RUNTZ MUFFIN; they germinated in less than 30 hours. I will be starting an indoor journal for these and the Mars FC 3000 light I won in a drawing a few weeks ago. The light should arrive on Friday.

Happy grows

DSC01103.JPG

DSC01104.JPG

DSC01105.JPG

Back
Top Bottom