Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

That sandy grit is back as shown in pic of base above. Earlier I said it was the rock dust I use when amending soil. I was wrong. It must be from the bought organic soil. Its cool the way the plant pushes this to the top. I have covered the top a couple times with fine soil, ewc and compost mix. The glacial rock dust I use looks fine, almost like a colored heavy flour.

I found my first caterpillar damage just now. I dug a bit more but couldn’t find it, they can be small and I am getting older. I started doing more damage than the worm. I opened the bud and hit it with BT and will spray the rest after 7: pm when the sun is down some. It’s time to mist with BT every 4 days now.:rip::rip:

Buds are fattening fast and they are starting to glisten. :Rasta: We have great weather now with more rain tomorrow.

Feeling grateful :peace:

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

Looking beautiful stinker!

Hopefully you can stay on top of the caterpillars. I have found the BT to work well but sometimes I have wondered whether some caterpillars are impervious to it, or does older product lose it's efficiency, or did I just fail to comprehensively spray it.

We should have sun and cooler weather for the next 4 or 5 days. Lows will drop to 4 with highs of 18 C (39/65f). So far this plant does not seem to mind. I thought there would be more colors by now. Has anyone grown a dos si dos 33 outside? Curious if you got colors? We have time, Barney’s Farm say it should go through Mid Oct. Another month would be great. She has slowed down on the water uptake and the buds have started developing trichomes.

There is a heavy smell of juicy fruit in the air, I know this profile and it really gets stinky strong. This is my most favorite time of the grow :peace:

Happy grows

I have no words!
I'm sorry, I can wait :ganjamon: I get that way too. Feeling blessed most days.:)

Looking beautiful stinker!

Hopefully you can stay on top of the caterpillars. I have found the BT to work well but sometimes I have wondered whether some caterpillars are impervious to it, or does older product lose it's efficiency, or did I just fail to comprehensively spray it.
:thanks: Stunger, I just love growing this plant, especially outside :Rasta:Looking forward to your upcoming grow.

Last year it got to where I was misting the plants every 4 days with BT. I would see dead baby worms on the buds for 1,2 days after. This year I have been at every 10 days as I don't see many butterfly's. Time to step it up now. I think the BT works if it reaches them. I get as a powder and mix @ 2g a liter.

IMG_0282 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

:thanks: Stunger, I just love growing this plant, especially outside :Rasta:Looking forward to your upcoming grow.

Last year it got to where I was misting the plants every 4 days with BT. I would see dead baby worms on the buds for 1,2 days after. This year I have been at every 10 days as I don't see many butterfly's. Time to step it up now. I think the BT works if it reaches them. I get as a powder and mix @ 2g a liter.
It is a lovely plant to grow indeed! I shall kick off some beans for my outdoor grow any day soon.

I'd have to check but I think last grow I was spraying BT twice a week and still I got a number caterpillars, not sure why, the BT was 2 years old, maybe that's it, altho it's dry. But I'll get some fresh stuff for this next grow. I found the plants seemed pretty resilient in veg, but once budding starts they seem especially attractive to butterflies and mites.

Nice montage, stinker!
:thanks: lalalala happy place :love:
Thank you, DD. Growing puts me in a happy place. :)

It is a lovely plant to grow indeed! I shall kick off some beans for my outdoor grow any day soon.

I'd have to check but I think last grow I was spraying BT twice a week and still I got a number caterpillars, not sure why, the BT was 2 years old, maybe that's it, altho it's dry. But I'll get some fresh stuff for this next grow. I found the plants seemed pretty resilient in veg, but once budding starts they seem especially attractive to butterflies and mites.
Have you chosen beans? Your choices are always well thought out. :yummy:

Caterpillars have always been a hearty foe for me. I think if the bt reaches them they die. I don't like soaking my buds, so I try to mist every 3,4 days. :blunt:

IMG_0291.JPG

Have you chosen beans? Your choices are always well thought out. :yummy:
I haven't finalised them exactly, but they'll be mostly sativa this time.
Caterpillars have always been a hearty foe for me. I think if the bt reaches them they die. I don't like soaking my buds, so I try to mist every 3,4 days. :blunt:
I am not so keen on drowning the buds like I have felt I've had too. Maybe misting more often is better.

I love good sativa. When I resumed smoking after a long break, I mostly smoked sativa. Eventually it got to where I had to cut back, I get too flighty and spacey from it to use regularly anymore. I have an amnesia that I like alot.

The rain let up for a bit so I rolled her out for awhile. It smells like rotting fruit and paint thinner.
Even though I am keeping her bone dry, there is some rot. It seems systemic and it starts where the bud connects to the stem. If seen early, I can pull the bud off and it is only affected at the connection to the stem. I'm thinking it might be inside from an old supercrop wound that didn't heal right. :peace:

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

The last few days I have been discovering new rot. Every morning I see yellowing sugars, behind them the bud stem is rotting where the buds stem meets the more main stem.

I had an old supercrop wound that didn’t heal correctly. It didn’t get worse, but was bad. Today I cut the branch with the wound off. I’m hoping this corrects the problem. I am trying some citric acid where the buds have been removed. Now, I’m just hoping it stops or slows down enough to get something from her. She still has a couple weeks at least. :peace:

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

I hope things start to get better now. It is such a gorgeous looking plant and looks like it has awesome flowers.

I hope things start to get better now. It is such a gorgeous looking plant and looks like it has awesome flowers.
Thanks Morda, a couple months ago I was going to cut that branch. I didn't. Its a hard lesson.

Back
Top Bottom