Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

This bud is taking a long tome to cure, probably due to the large 120g jars. Burping everyday and the humidity is still at 70%. Its dropping so slow. I'll get an updated smoke report up as soon as its cured. :peace:

This bud is taking a long tome to cure, probably due to the large 120g jars. Burping everyday and the humidity is still at 70%. Its dropping so slow. I'll get an updated smoke report up as soon as its cured. :peace:
Hi Stink. Amazing. Such a shame with the rot but what a pay out. Beautiful bud and a strong smoke-perfect! How many times a day do you burp if you don't mind me asking? I have a 3x a day for a week 2x a day for a week 1x a day for a week then every few days there after...seems to help me with humidity issues if they ever arise. I see you are in the mountains(beautiful mountains)...I'm sure that affects your drying process quite a bit?

Hi Stink. Amazing. Such a shame with the rot but what a pay out. Beautiful bud and a strong smoke-perfect! How many times a day do you burp if you don't mind me asking? I have a 3x a day for a week 2x a day for a week 1x a day for a week then every few days there after...seems to help me with humidity issues if they ever arise. I see you are in the mountains(beautiful mountains)...I'm sure that affects your drying process quite a bit?
Hi Krissi, thank you. At first I was burping 3 or 4 times a day. Now , twice a day when I remember. I dump or pull it all out every 10 days or so and put it right back. Just checking it out and mixing it up and its still taking forever to drop. We had an unusually wet summer and lately we are sitting in a cloud. 92% rh today. I'm struggling to keep things under control indoors.

Your tents are looking especially nice. Congrats on the sponsorship's. :thumb:

Hi Krissi, thank you. At first I was burping 3 or 4 times a day. Now , twice a day when I remember. I dump or pull it all out every 10 days or so and put it right back. Just checking it out and mixing it up and its still taking forever to drop. We had an unusually wet summer and lately we are sitting in a cloud. 92% rh today. I'm struggling to keep things under control indoors.

I can only imagine. I feel terrible even complaining about my humidity issues now..
Your tents are looking especially nice. Congrats on the sponsorship's. :thumb:
Thanks a lot, it is very much appreciated-coming from someone who used to stalk you silently and watch your mountain grows and hope I could be half as good a grower

Good morning, this was a fun grow. It’s always disappointing when the plant that you have spent months taking care of starts rotting just before harvest. I held out on chopping for as long as I could. It was hard cutting off and throwing away the best bud. All in all, everything worked out.

I was lucky as this girl was definitely in the harvest window. I wasn’t sure it would be. While I lost a good third to rot, there was still some 15 Z’s harvested. It took some time to cure in the big jars, it was well worth the wait. :yummy:

As for smoking, it tastes great going in, not great on exhale. It’s kind of an overly dull taste on exhale. Just not real satisfying but not bad either. I am hoping it gets better with more time. The RH is at 65% now. There is an initial heavy cerebral rush that keeps building from each toke. The head buzz can be a bit overwhelming at first. My bro in law was here for turkey and he was uncomfortable after a few tokes. What can I say, he prefers tobacco in the mix and he got straight bud. The head high gradually turns into a giddy body high. It’s very satisfying!

Here are a few shots of the bud and where it was grown. Excuse the heavy leaf, I usually pull more of the fans off. We had snow last night.

Thanks for following along. It was fun.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

It’s kind of an overly dull taste on exhale. Just not real satisfying but not bad either. I am hoping it gets better with more time. The RH is at 65% now. There is an initial heavy cerebral rush that keeps building from each toke. The head buzz can be a bit overwhelming at first.
I forgot to add, I made cannabutter with 20 g to 250 g butter. After a bad high a long time ago, I tried again. So Good. And before sleep, even better.

It's beautiful. The bud, your beautiful plant regardless of the rot, just a stunner. And again, that view...that would be a cerebral high in itself every day for me :peace:

Rot is a tuff one growing outdoors if you don’t live in a moderate comfort growing zone.
If you didn’t get some rot then you most likely chopped to early. I’m not exactly sure where that medium is.

Excuse the heavy leaf, I usually pull more of the fans off
Heck if your like me your going to grind it all up and smoke it. Looks great!
he prefers tobacco in the mix and he got straight bud.
Are a lot of people still mixing their herb with tobacco? In the states it just doesn’t happen. I tried it once years ago when I heard it was popular in Europe but once was enough for me.

Nice on the harvest and butter and is that your 1st snow fall of the season? It’s a heavy one but Beautiful.:passitleft:

Are a lot of people still mixing their herb with tobacco? In the states it just doesn’t happen. I tried it once years ago when I heard it was popular in Europe but once was enough for me.
I don't know, in Europe common. Don't ask me why. Maybe to conserve?
Nice on the harvest and butter and is that your 1st snow fall of the season? It’s a heavy one but Beautiful.:passitleft:
Thanks Nev, It was tough watching her rot, but glad she matured enough to enjoy. The butter is a plus I will enjoy again and again. So good!
Its the 2nd real snow. Its coming down heavy again tonight.

Are a lot of people still mixing their herb with tobacco? In the states it just doesn’t happen. I tried it once years ago when I heard it was popular in Europe but once was enough for me

When I lived in Indiana, it was common there...not here....very rare...and imo, yucky

Well, I just never new. :nerd-with-glasses:I’ve had the pleasure of smoking in most every State of the Union but only smoked a mix one time in Oregon and that would have been back in the 70’s after reading about it in a High Times magazine.:laugh: Pre Internet and computer.

Weed wasn't around in the EU until the late 80's, all we got was hash back then
That's probably why we got into the habit of rolling up with tobacco
Most people I know use a vape these days - apart from bong man here :hookah:
I still like a fatty. :tommy:

Well done on the harvest, always a shame to to be taxed by the rot but glad you managed to get plenty without such damage.

For sleep, I find some decarbed bud an hour or two before bed helps give me a really good sleep, but the quantity is something I have played with for a while to work out where my Goldilocks zone is (there's that word again).

If you're still struggling to get the humidity down in your jars, you could try heating up rice in the oven to dry it out and once it is cooled down and hopefully before it has fully rehydrated you can wrap it up in some cotton or paper towel and place it in the jar to assist absorbing some of that unwanted humidity. @InTheShed posted about how well it worked for him but I can't find where I bookmarked it otherwise I'd link it here.

It's beautiful. The bud, your beautiful plant regardless of the rot, just a stunner. And again, that view...that would be a cerebral high in itself every day for me :peace:
Its a good life. Sometimes I forget to take it in. :ciao:
Thanks Nev, its dumping snow right now. I love it.
Weed wasn't around in the EU until the late 80's, all we got was hash back then
That's probably why we got into the habit of rolling up with tobacco
Most people I know use a vape these days - apart from bong man here :hookah:
After moving back here and running out of bud, I found a guy with hash, all kinds. Its great now and then, reminds me of my youth. With the clean concentrates and rosin these days, smoking it seems dirty. I love my bud. I'm hoping to set up a press soon and squeeze me some rosin. Soon :rolleyes:
:thanks: Growings
Nice one, stinker.
It sounds like it was worth waiting long enough for a little rot to happen.

So close to a pound! Great plant. Be proud of that one for sure.
:passitleft:
:thanks:DD, its always hard to watch them rot away but I knew I had to go as long as possible. I sure cant complain.:ganjamon:
Well done on the harvest, always a shame to to be taxed by the rot but glad you managed to get plenty without such damage.

For sleep, I find some decarbed bud an hour or two before bed helps give me a really good sleep, but the quantity is something I have played with for a while to work out where my Goldilocks zone is (there's that word again).
:thanks: Stunger . Apparently the rot comes with the territory. This fall I noticed there were many afflicted. I really feel rather fortunate, in the zone, the Goldilocks zone.:Namaste:

Edibles are so good. Next up, Rosin. I struggle with sleep, eating cannabis seems to help. Do you eat straight decarbed bud?
If you're still struggling to get the humidity down in your jars, you could try heating up rice in the oven to dry it out and once it is cooled down and hopefully before it has fully rehydrated you can wrap it up in some cotton or paper towel and place it in the jar to assist absorbing some of that unwanted humidity. @InTheShed posted about how well it worked for him but I can't find where I bookmarked it otherwise I'd link it here.
Think there’s a link in Sheds siggy for rice balls…..
Thanks, 013 and Stunger. Shed sure is an asset to our 420 community.
The good news is the humidity finally fell. Its now at 63%. Part of the slowness was that I used big jars with 120g in each. In the "Goldylocks Zone" now. I will bookmark the link.
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you, Shed. I was just talking about you. I hope you are feeling better now. I appreciate the info. :green_heart:
Its still a 6' x 6'

Back
Top Bottom