Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

Thanks for the well wishes. I know too well what this crap can do. I lived for some years on the cliffs of Haiku, Maui where it rains most every night. I wasn't journaling at the time, but did grow some beautiful & potent outdoor bud, its sad how much was literally trashed or burned due to mold. This funk looks a bit different in that it is starting where bud stem meets a more main stem. Not in the thick of a bud. The wounds and surrounding bud look promising, like it isn't easily spreading. The buds that were removed are already very potent when dried, the rot was confined to the stem connection so I was able to safely salvage most. I am hoping for the best and know it can go very bad.

IMG_0389 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

This past year I have been amending my soil with Glacial Rock Dust or flour and other things. Some of the rock dust is a bit gritty. I don't use much at all. For the 20 Gal, there should be around .25 of a cup. I'm noticing that this this grit is settling at the top of the bag up around the stalk. Its odd that this is working its way up and not down. It also looks as if the finer soil has worked its way up as well, not down. Does anyone know why this would happen? Its like the soil is pushing the grit and fine stuff up. I like growing outside

DSC01055.JPG
Water is probably forcing lighter stuff to the surface.

Good morning, it’s been humbling finding and dealing with the rot and funk. It’s especially humbling when I am mostly to blame for its happening. Somehow I was not tracking the progress of the doneness. I was watching and waiting for a massive bud swell, this wasn’t going to happen with the growth so spread out over the plant. The buds were, are already very firm and dense. The smell was and is strong enough to smell it 2.5 stories down. The point is I was over watering and it swelled the plant with water. I don’t think I would have a rot problem if I did not over water. The roots in a 20 gallon grow bag can hold more H2O than I thought.

I am lucky that letting the plant dry out seems to have stopped any further rot progression. I have cut the damage away. There are a few areas that were close to some of the rot that I am still keeping an eye on.

As the water was reduced, the trichomes and their fuzziness show more clearly. She is much further along than I previously thought. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber, not much shine in there at all. Bud pics are from just now, without macro in morning light. The buds have already stacked and swelled firm, we are in the last 7 to 10 days now.

I got a bit over a zip on the branch that was cut, and the bud is already very potent. Overall, I will probably lose a couple zips total to rot. I dodged a bullet. It could have been real bad.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

Good morning. There has been no new rot for a couple days now. I should be able to let her completely finish, she is close now.
This morning I jarred the branch that I took on Monday. It’s already tasty and potent. We have had good sun with a breeze for the last few days. Today should be the same with wetter weather starting tomorrow.

I hope everyone’s outdoor harvests are bountiful.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

Lovely pics stinker, and those buds look really nice and sticky!
Thank you, Stunger. Tasty and stony already, i'm so pleased. I feel like I dodged a bullet with the rot/funk. Lessons learned for sure! :tommy:

I am planning on Cobbing a couple zips to see if I like it. It’s one of those things I must try.
I will reread your cobbing tips and look for another cobbing thread I saw on here. Let’s catch up later, our last effort was cut short. 1984 has come and gone. :peace:

With cobbing, you need to start the process while the bud have some moisture left in them, some folk let them dry for a day or 2 first, others more, it will all depend on your environment. Good job with the rot.

Those are some nice looking buds! Glad to hear you have the rot under control! It just sucks when we spend so long babying these plants just to have rot or other issue take them out.

If you don't mind me asking... What is cobbing?

Those are some nice looking buds! Glad to hear you have the rot under control! It just sucks when we spend so long babying these plants just to have rot or other issue take them out.

If you don't mind me asking... What is cobbing?
:thanks: Its sad when they rot or get an infestation. We do all we can and still it happens.

Cobbing is a form of cure, with I believe a bit of fermentation. Here is s link. @Stunger made some nice cobs.

It’s raining and cold again. I’m thinking that the buds and trichs are looking real good. I would like to get through the weekend before chopping, but will take immediately if there is a new outbreak of rot. I’ve already lost a few zps and don’t want to lose more. :peace:

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0433 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

Good morning. Today I will probably chop this girl, maybe tomorrow. We have heavy rain and the humidity is very high. Yesterday I took and had to break down another round of main colas due to new rot. It’s hard to quantify but I probably will end up losing about 50%, maybe a bit more. Dismantling colas to rid the rot was not in the plan for this October.

Here are a couple shots of the bud from yesterday. I laid the dissected bud out on cardboard yesterday to dry. This is what it looks like this morning. I think we are there or close enough? :yummy:

As soon as the rain lets up I will go see what I can see, so I can do what I can do... I may need to sit in the greenhouse, in the rain and strip fan leaves and break her down. She smells way too strong to do so in the house. If I can wait, and there is not too much new funk, I’ll wait until tomorrow. We should get a break in the rain in the afternoon.

The quality of what remains is incredible. Happy grows. :peace:

IMG_0436 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0437 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

That is a hard hit and feel for yeah. Looks like what you did get is nice and frosty though. :drool:

I decided to chop tomorrow and not today. I only had a little bit of new rot, 3 spots on big tops. Its pouring rain now but it should be less wet tomorrow. It’s a compromise, one more day’s loss, for another day to mature. Last night we had our first snow just a few hundred meters above.

This morning the local farmers were bringing their cows down to lower pastures. It’s always a ceremony of sorts. Luckily they had a slight break in the rain.

It has been so wet this summer that local farmers’ harvests of fruit, vegetable etc., have suffered, its not just me and my girl. I would love to be able to give her another week but can’t, She looks good enough, the daily losses are adding up fast. I'm glad to have grown out another and will feel grateful to get what I do.
:Rasta:

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

Great pics stinker!
:thanks:
Beautiful flowers.

Austria? That’s a sensible herd size. Cheers.
:thanks: DD. I’m in that area. Over here we aren’t as liberal as far as legality as in the states. Until things change, I don’t mention the country by name. Less than 1% THC or hemp is legal. CBD is big$$ As long as I stay within the 1% margin I’m good. Cheers
I feel your pain Stink!! I tossed my Peyote in the wood furnace yesterday!! Damn spider mites!! :thedoubletake:
So sorry to hear that. There is alot of heartache this year with infestations, mold and rot. I'll check in on your journal. Hope the other ladies are okay?

Good morning, it’s been humbling finding and dealing with the rot and funk. It’s especially humbling when I am mostly to blame for its happening. Somehow I was not tracking the progress of the doneness. I was watching and waiting for a massive bud swell, this wasn’t going to happen with the growth so spread out over the plant. The buds were, are already very firm and dense. The smell was and is strong enough to smell it 2.5 stories down. The point is I was over watering and it swelled the plant with water. I don’t think I would have a rot problem if I did not over water. The roots in a 20 gallon grow bag can hold more H2O than I thought.

I am lucky that letting the plant dry out seems to have stopped any further rot progression. I have cut the damage away. There are a few areas that were close to some of the rot that I am still keeping an eye on.

As the water was reduced, the trichomes and their fuzziness show more clearly. She is much further along than I previously thought. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber, not much shine in there at all. Bud pics are from just now, without macro in morning light. The buds have already stacked and swelled firm, we are in the last 7 to 10 days now.

I got a bit over a zip on the branch that was cut, and the bud is already very potent. Overall, I will probably lose a couple zips total to rot. I dodged a bullet. It could have been real bad.

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG
These views through these plants though...take me away every time I see them

Back
Top Bottom