Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

Good morning, it’s taking the sun longer now to reach the plants each morning. The nights have turned colder and we now have morning dew in the greenhouse. Fall is here and I’m starting to see a bit of reds and purple colors in the 420 leaves. It’s been a mild summer for us. The last few days have been nice. We’ve had sun with more expected. Cold nights, 7 or below.

It’s been a long time since I’ve grown a big plant. While this Dos Si Dos might not be tall, she is acting big, she needs food and water every day now, if I skip and just give water, it shows. The yellowing fans- I leave until they are close to translucent, or look wilted and sick, then I take. Bugs, mold, whatever bad has usually been contributed to by me not taking the funky stuff away. I do the same at the pots surface and keep it clean. This pot, if I roll a side down, there is a 5” carpet of stiff short woven roots. Its way cool. I struggle to put the sticky spike through it.

I feed/water every day for the last few days, the plant just wants the food. If I give plain H2O, it shows more yellowing fast. Even so, It all looks good to me. The only things I think I see is that the white pistols are short and not as many, and the bud formation seems small. All plants are different. I have no doubt it’ll work out.

The NeemAzal appears to have worked great on the aphids. There are toasty dry ones that look BBQ'd, and green baby ones that cant eat or move. The eggs are dry or just don't seem viable.

Have a nice Saturday

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

I have moved three of the "rolling gals" into the greenhouse - one is pretty big - she may stay - the other two I might move in and out if needed. Getting to the tricky part now!!!
I had a look at your journal. Beautiful big plants you have growing. :blunt:

Beautiful big plants
Yeah, those two big ones in the back got topped at the 4th node, then trellised and they still climbed past 7 feet and I had to tie them down a bit and still chopped some when they touched the glass!!!

What up Stinker? It’s been a minute but your girl looks awesome! Hmm yep fall is not too far off here so we can relate. That chick will be dazzling POTM material very soon, can’t wait to see it pop
Howdy 013, congratulations on the MOTM win. Well deserved!
Its been unseasonably cold here this summer, I'm not sure how that influences growth, the indica side might like it?.
It was 7c @ 4 am this morning. Maybe the cold will bring the colors out early. :blunt:

Good morning, it’s taking the sun longer now to reach the plants each morning. The nights have turned colder and we now have morning dew in the greenhouse. Fall is here and I’m starting to see a bit of reds and purple colors in the 420 leaves. It’s been a mild summer for us. The last few days have been nice. We’ve had sun with more expected. Cold nights, 7 or below.

It’s been a long time since I’ve grown a big plant. While this Dos Si Dos might not be tall, she is acting big, she needs food and water every day now, if I skip and just give water, it shows. The yellowing fans- I leave until they are close to translucent, or look wilted and sick, then I take. Bugs, mold, whatever bad has usually been contributed to by me not taking the funky stuff away. I do the same at the pots surface and keep it clean. This pot, if I roll a side down, there is a 5” carpet of stiff short woven roots. Its way cool. I struggle to put the sticky spike through it.

I feed/water every day for the last few days, the plant just wants the food. If I give plain H2O, it shows more yellowing fast. Even so, It all looks good to me. The only things I think I see is that the white pistols are short and not as many, and the bud formation seems small. All plants are different. I have no doubt it’ll work out.

The NeemAzal appears to have worked great on the aphids. There are toasty dry ones that look BBQ'd, and green baby ones that cant eat or move. The eggs are dry or just don't seem viable.

Have a nice Saturday

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Hey Stinker. This girl is turning into one of the best plants i have ever seen. I really hope everything keeps goin smooth for ya dude 10/10 so far <3

Hey Stinker. This girl is turning into one of the best plants i have ever seen. I really hope everything keeps goin smooth for ya dude 10/10 so far <3
Thank you LizardMate, that's really saying something :circle-of-love: . She amazes me every time I go out on the patio. More pics from today. Rain is in the forecast for the remainder of the week.

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Edit- pic added

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

We have another rainy day again today. I don’t know how much affect this has on overall growth, but I think the sun is preferable. As soon as the rain starts she will go back in the greenhouse with the top cover off the house.

I covered the top and side of the house with a tarp and the backside with visqueen. This was done as there is large signage that is lit at night. Even though the signage is far off, the factory covering of the greenhouse intensified the light. I covered to avoid any light contamination. I regularly remove and replace the top tarp but don’t remove the back covering. If sunny, the house gets to stay covered and I just roll the plant out. Otherwise we do the onandoffagain again.

We are starting to bulk up, from here on out she should speed up the buddage and bulking. We are going to have a convergence of buds at the to V's where topped and/or FIM'd. I like outside grows.

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

We have sunshine. It’s starting to smell like juicy fruit gum on the patio. My wife prefers this to the skunk smell last summer. It’s only just started now with a month + to go. Buds are looking like buds now with a bit of early frost.

She is drinking 5 liters of a strong feed/water/supplement mix most every day for the last two weeks. On days where I can still feel a little wet on the bottom from previous day, I just give a couple liters of plain water with the hose. :peace:

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

Howdy 013, congratulations on the MOTM win. Well deserved!
Its been unseasonably cold here this summer, I'm not sure how that influences growth, the indica side might like it?.
It was 7c @ 4 am this morning. Maybe the cold will bring the colors out early. :blunt:

thanks Stinker! I appreciate that!

wow those pics are to die for, yeah cooler weather should pop some autumn colors on your girl.

that last pic from yesterday is killer, she is flat and wide with the bright green contrasted against your gorgeous mountain vista backdrop - that is POTM material right there

thanks Stinker! I appreciate that!

wow those pics are to die for, yeah cooler weather should pop some autumn colors on your girl.

that last pic from yesterday is killer, she is flat and wide with the bright green contrasted against your gorgeous mountain vista backdrop - that is POTM material right there
Thank you 013. Just starting to see a little purple and red at the leaves edge. These might get colorful.
I have pic blindness when it comes to choosing a good picture for a contest, they all look good to me. I entered a blueberry from the last grow. Somehow I feel intimidated entering contests.
Mate im amazed everytime you update, Bulking up now too!
:thanks: this plant excites me too :tommy: every time I go on the patio. :peace:

I'm seeing some dark purple in 2 of mine too this year, I wish I could have had space indoors to clone.

Can't wait to see yours turn. Looking forward to pics! :D

Another batch of rainy days are in the forecast, it hasn’t started to rain yet so she’s outside in the gloom.

Growth has really sped up, buds are building and there is a fruity smell in the air. Barney’s Farm call for a mid October finish, I hope so as it’ll be cold by then. I really like the Barney’s genetics, so much so that I started 3 fresh ones indoors. They are thriving as expected on day 13.

I haven’t grown out a full season plant in a long time. Last summer was my first grow here. Because of the covid restrictions, I was limited in what I could buy. I did not up pot, I planted in the cold, and did not anticipate how cold and wet it can be at times. The plants produced excellent quality, just not much size for a full season. I seemed I was always correcting. In HI, I would veg for 2 Mo. max. Usually 4 weeks, it’s easier because of the mold. Get plenty big.

I relaxed the strings that I use for LST, training and moved them lower on the branches. The branches still need some alignment so I am using the strings for that now. There are 10 side branches from the stalk. At the beginning I used the string for LST, tying back. The branches are getting some bud weight of their own now, so strings were relaxed. The string I use is Spectra. I use hollow core spectra fishing line in 120# and up. I started with the spectra as I had it, and it works. There is no stretch and the hollow core allows it to lay flat against the plant so it doesn’t dig in.

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

Back
Top Bottom