Sometimes, In The Greenhouse

I’m only on my first grow and the FIMming thing hasn’t really produced the expected results when I’ve tried but your plant looks amazing to me Stinker! I don’t really see the deformed shoot but on my first FIM attempt I mangled the top of my plant and it grew out fine so maybe watch it for a bit and see? Are you planning to do further training on those shoots sticking up well past the canopy or are you thinking the rest of the canopy will catch up?

I’m only on my first grow and the FIMming thing hasn’t really produced the expected results when I’ve tried but your plant looks amazing to me Stinker! I don’t really see the deformed shoot but on my first FIM attempt I mangled the top of my plant and it grew out fine so maybe watch it for a bit and see? Are you planning to do further training on those shoots sticking up well past the canopy or are you thinking the rest of the canopy will catch up?
Thank you Primeau, those four shoots /branches sticking up were topped shortly before the FIM. I'm waiting to see how well the new growth catches up. If needed, I'll supercrop to match the canopy as best I can.

Looking Good! I have not tried to FIM yet, not really sure how to do it right. Isn't it supposed to split into 4 tops after a FIM? Not sure how that happens but, 4 heads are better than 2. :D

I'm watching my three (maybe) gals that are under cover - I think one has stopped stretching, 4 inches short of the glass, one was still stretching so 3 branches got bent over, after crushing stems and attached to 2 strings and sadly I'm almost sure the third is a ghoul not a gal so that one don't matter how short it is!!! It will be interesting to see how well the crushed bent stems react and recover. So tomorrow the ghoul will be replaced with a gal waiting in the wings in a small pot....the adventure continues.....

I'm watching my three (maybe) gals that are under cover - I think one has stopped stretching, 4 inches short of the glass, one was still stretching so 3 branches got bent over, after crushing stems and attached to 2 strings and sadly I'm almost sure the third is a ghoul not a gal so that one don't matter how short it is!!! It will be interesting to see how well the crushed bent stems react and recover. So tomorrow the ghoul will be replaced with a gal waiting in the wings in a small pot....the adventure continues.....
Its amazing how fast these plants recover.

Looking Good! I have not tried to FIM yet, not really sure how to do it right. Isn't it supposed to split into 4 tops after a FIM? Not sure how that happens but, 4 heads are better than 2. :D
The ideas is to get more than the two you get with topping. When it works you get three or more.

The ideas is to get more than the two you get with topping. When it works you get three or more.
This is a successful FIM with 3 shoots.

DSC00542.JPG

Sorry I was late replying.

Today I supercropped the last four branches, they were the four lowest. I let them lead for awhile and think it helped fill them out. The lower branches are usually the thinnest and least productive. It was a good day to crop. We had sunny weather last week and rain is expected this week. She will probably spend most of her time in the house.

The other morning I woke to find seeds in some buds in the indoor tent. I took all four outside for a good look in the sun, and was not able to find a single male part, flower or nanner. I woke today and back outside to check again. Nothing! I will let them go for now. They should be ready in a few weeks.

DSC00573.JPG

DSC00574.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00570.JPG

I "trellised" my main plants, either two wires or three. I just put a stick in the ground either side of the plant then used some straightened out chain link wire pushed thru holes drilled in the sticks then clip the branch to the wire. Buuuuut.. three branches still stretched hence the cord stretched across for more trellising!!!

Today I started supplementing some bottled nutrients to what was a bagged organic soil. The soil batches were always amended with EWC, glacial rock dust and mycorrhiza. The darker green was starting to lighten up a bit, more lime like. I have uppotted throughout avoiding bottled nutes until now. Next year I hope to be growing in a living organic soil throughout the whole grow.

Everything is looking good. I’m happy - there is no burn from introducing the mineral nutes. I gave a good dose of N and macro, with some P/K & enzymes the other day. Today she looks happy, even greener I think. Growth is picking up fast, the stretch is starting, and flowering will start soon. I’m hoping that the stretch will be evenly distributed and not grow up much taller. She could get big, she has the structure? We are ready for the buds. I’ll cut back on the posts for awhile, it’s just an exciting time outdoors. .Happy grows.

DSC00613.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

Saturday I topped up the top and sides of the grow bag with soil, mixing roughly 2 gallons of a 60/40 mix of soil and EWC. I did this as the top 3” of soil was a carpet of short hair like roots. I wanted to give something fine to fill in the voids and spaces as I watered. Also added was some glacial rock dust and a small handful of shaved hoof & horn, slow N. The H&H will supply nitrogen on a as needed basis, only if needed later on. Flowering should start soon. She is really showing her tops now, there are a lot of sites and it looks like its timed good for the stretch. I really like growing outdoors. Happy grows.

DSC00635.JPG

DSC00636.JPG

DSC00638.JPG

DSC00640.JPG

Saturday I topped up the top and sides of the grow bag with soil, mixing roughly 2 gallons of a 60/40 mix of soil and EWC. I did this as the top 3” of soil was a carpet of short hair like roots. I wanted to give something fine to fill in the voids and spaces as I watered. Also added was some glacial rock dust and a small handful of shaved hoof & horn, slow N. The H&H will supply nitrogen on a as needed basis, only if needed later on. Flowering should start soon. She is really showing her tops now, there are a lot of sites and it looks like its timed good for the stretch. I really like growing outdoors. Happy grows.

DSC00635.JPG

DSC00636.JPG

DSC00638.JPG

DSC00640.JPG
Looking Beautiful and Happy!
:welldone:

Good morning, it will be another rainy day today. Every morning I get to go out and roll her out of her house, hoping for sun. Lately I’m expecting to see the lighter shaded lime green colored tops, indicating its flower time. Not today, any day now though. I wonder what she would have looked like if we’d of had more sun this summer. Probably larger? Did I say I like growing outside?

Happy grows.

DSC00673.JPG

I have gone totally outdoors this year but have three in moveable containers that I can move into the greenhouse later to finish up. I'm hoping that by keeping them in the laundry tubs they will stay within a manageable size.
They look pretty healthy to me Stinker!! :ciao:

Feeling grateful and waiting for the flowers. It was an unexpectedly nice day today.

I really like growing outdoors!
She's gonna be a beast.

Back
Top Bottom