Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

And last but not least, the GSCookie. She EXPLODED a few days after hitting the 5 gallon. Still at least 2 weeks from flip. I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to prep her next weekend. I'm strongly considering whacking off a few of the lower side branches and possibly half the top growth a week before flip. She got real "leggy" after the transplant. You can see the SLHaze in the other orange bucket. She's going to be a special plant.
image29066.jpg

Sorry about the multipart update. I'm still getting the hang of this forum. Keep me green!

Thanks PTSD 4U! I'm heading out Monday and returning late Friday. Ill just let her go until next weekend. It may get ugly Sat morning. That plant has been topped 30 times and I might just reduce it to 8-10 of the biggest tops. Which means only leaving the 4 biggest branches topped to grow out for flip. Anybody need 400 clones? Lol

Thought I'd add this. It's a very cheap and effective way to clone. I drilled a few holes and just mist the top cup once a day. I'm going to try and flower this clone in a 16oz cup... Just to do it. Its about 7 days old now. It's gonna root, just don't know how long it will take.
image29063.jpg

You know that feeling of remorse you get after you do something stupid? I kind of feel that way now. Lol. I butchered the GSC today primarily because I won't have to look at her for a week.
image29190.jpg

I also topped the 2 Dr Grinspoons and the Blueberry. The BB is starting to preflower at 25 days old.
image29191.jpg

Peace people... I'll catch y'all next weekend! It should be a good update. The camera returns from Disney with the family!

Harvested one Autoberry this morning. It was a nice little harvest! I switched the timer and they will get their first 12 hr night tonight. The GSCookie is filling in nicely and the SLHaze exploded this week at 60 days from seed. The 5 featured (2xDr Grinspoon, Strawberry Cheesecake, Raspberry cough, and blueberry) all look great at 30 days from seed. The last auto berry is in the back corner finishing up (2-3 weeks). I flipped a week or 2 sooner than I wanted to but they already outgrew the 4x4.

I have no intentions of returning the Advanced XML650 but also wanted to see 30 days of flowering while Im still inside the 90 days "no questions asked" return window. I think it's safe to say I have more plant volume than light horsepower in the tent now. This should be a very good representation of what this light can produce (with a very novice grower).

Pictures to follow tomorrow.... Anything specific you want to see/know, just shout it out. Peace!

Here is the latest...
It's pretty boring at the moment. All the plants look pretty good. The GSCookie, SLHaze, and Autoberry are about 65 days from seed. I may take the Autoberry down this weekend. I'll put the digital scope on it and post some shots this weekend. The featured girls are 35 days from seed (3 days 12/12) and look good. It should start to get exciting in a week or two. A group shot below. I left the Red/Blue LEDs on for the picture. The dimable switches for the red/white LEDs is a pretty cool function for the xml. Later!

image29722.jpg

@dusty and tony Thank you for the kind response. It may be silly, but it helps.

Now for the weekly update...
I harvested the 2nd Autoberry this morning. Here is a picture of the harvest. I don't have nearly the patience that momma has, I cut up the plate on the left this morning on the left. The 2 on the right was the first plant cut (55g.. although it's running 70% RH right now). I put them on the plate to air out a bit more for an hr or 2 before they go back in the jar. The nug was cut this morning.
IMG_165421.JPG
IMG_165817.JPG

The other plants look fantastic. They have been under 12/12 for about a week now (5+ weeks total). A couple are starting to flower and the rest are starting to look "flowery" at the tops but haven't quite kicked off. The Super Lemon Haze is a beautiful specimen. Here she is below:
IMG_165219.JPG

The Girl Scout Cookie is one "leggy" plant. I beat her down with scissors a week before flower. She's filling right back in.
IMG_165323.JPG

The featured girls are moving along. The blueberry and strawberry cheesecake have just started to flower. The others will follow soon.
IMG_164922.JPG
IMG_165122.JPG
IMG_164819.JPG
IMG_165022.JPG

Any questions.. just shout! See ya next weekend!

I may strip them down before the next update. I won't "defoliate" as the term applies to the community. I may start to remove side branches for the real estate. The 4x4 is FULL with these 6! I need all those fan leaves to compensate for all the damage I do to the soil.

I have a garbage bag full of trim/flowers from the 2 harvests. Some cookies/butter are on the agenda for next week. Question to anybody following or creeping along... What do you do to de carboxylate before making butter? I did 18 hrs in a crockpot and everyone "sees dragons, can't move, and then goes to sleep" with no de carb. As I've been learning, I think I blew past the more psychoactive cannabanoids into the sedative ones. The time/temp relationship isn't a hard line and I worry it will take years of experimenting to dial it in. Hoping to steal some pointers from others here. What makes it equally as tough is, unfortunately, I don't ever get to sample the product. The things we do for our loved ones... Spitz out

Loving the journal. Just because we don't comment, it doesn't mean we aren't following along. I have been enjoying the journal since the beginning. Keep it up. Can't help you with the edibles, sorry.

Love the work brother. And I think I might want to try your medibles. :)

Thanks DK. I'd love to share them with anyone.... I can do the smoke review right now and am still 2+ months from harvest.
"Well momma, how is it?"
"Good, great, hell I dunno Daddy. It's all good. It's all great. I can't thank you enough."

I keep telling her she CAN thank me enough and exactly how she could say "thanks". Umm... "Negative Ghostrider, that pattern is full" seems to be the canned response.

I might make 1 more run of autos after this and then should be able to take the summer off next year. I just recieved an order from CropKing Seeds. Figured I'd show a new sponsor some love.

Update time...

It's been 14 days since the flip. I've been resisting the urge to feed them anything but tap water. When I give them a good watering, the tips show just a smidge of nutrient burn. The Roots Organic soil is loaded with nutrients I think. The plants are still pretty boring. I promise I'll take them out when they start packing it on (I should say if). ill call this end of week one as they've all been pushing flowers for about a week. Here is a shot looking down. I turned the 3w LEDs of for the shot. It's lit up by the 10w Xmls only.
image30340.jpg

Here is a shot of the blueberry. This one has me a bit concerned. She just seems a bit "underdeveloped" compared to the others. Smaller leaves, stems, etc... Than her sisters. I think it's all genetic as she hasn't shown a single leaf of discomfort since she broke ground.
image30342.jpg

Here is a shot from the side showing just how tall they are. The tent is FULL!
image30341.jpg

And one last one with just the 3w LEDs on. This thing throws some light!
image30339.jpg

So.. To summarize...

I've done no training, no feeding, no flushing, etc... Pretty much just water from day 1 and Ocean Forest 1Gal to RootsOrganic 5G at 1 month and then flip. Pretty boring so far. Stay tuned as I expect things to spiral downhill any day now!

He he he. I like it. Like the pics- Good to know I can still do a head stand though it's hard to type that way. Definitely relate to the part about harvesting too soon. I see the pics are right side up now I got the mods to delete the first 20 or so attempts from my gallery because they always haunted me. Will catch up later. :thumb:

i split up 6 gallons of water between them this morning right from the tap (40 ppm and PH ?). I have strips and a pen but haven't really checked because at 40 ppm, it should take nothing for the soil to move it wherever it wants. I'll worry more about PH when I start to feed. My faith lies in the soil until then.

I couldn't help but stare at that GSCookie and wonder what she's going to look like in a week. This plant can really throw out stems and leaves. She's stretching like crazy at what must be close to 20 tops. When she finally quits stretching, if she puts half that energy into pushing flowers, it's going to be special. I figured I'd throw in a before picture of her just in case I'm right.
image30368.jpg

Will update again next weekend. Peace!

Edit:
I added a 6" desk fan to the tent. It's positioned in the bottom middle pointing straight up (flat on its back). The RH is around 40% and I'm not terribly concerned with mold. That being said, there is a helluva lot of "green" in there. I've got a 3' oscillating tower fan in the corner as well. Peace!

Wow, your Cookies is a beast! Beautiful posture and color!

Very nice! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom