Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

600 ppm for the next week would be alright as the buds still have life in them.

maybe not all 600 of those ppm's should be PK though it may well be too strong being its all P and K.

Maybe use some micro with the pk for *this* week and maybe not so strong ? I dunno .. your pots may be small and need more food that your aware hence why 600 pppm seems good to you.

In a week lower it to say 300 ppm with just a PK booster to start clearing the soil in preparation for its last weeks / 10 days.

I'm testing to figuring out what works and what doesn't it could take a few years before I nail it ..

This current flush I used a weak PK booster Mix at the rate of 1.5 ml per gallon for 75 ppm

My reasoning for the weak mix is to encourage them to strip reserves from the leaves and root / lower stalk and not just keep root feeding.

After 3 days of flush ( in DWC ) the leaves are yellowing and showing deficiencies

4th day (today) the ppm was back down to 45 ppm the waters starting point so I reapplied the 0-10-10 PK booster at the same rate to get 75 ppm above the starting point , to give them something but not everything they need.

The idea is to force them to cannibalize themselves as the end approaches but give something to work with at the same time.

In the spirit of giving them a little to work with , today after reapplying the PK booster added 15 ml of cal mag 15 ml of potassium silicate.

Its a Therapeutic dose being all in it reads 200 ppm above starting ppm when mixed with 20 gal.

In three days I will add 30 ml more of the pk booster *maybe* 15 ml Micro to help the buds with any incomplete business.

That's for the the first 10 days or so

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The last week or four days I plan to do straight up water plus a extended dark period.

This should work the same for you even though your in soil-less a weak feeding is a weak feeding and will have the same effect as it does in dwc

In conclusion

Consider feeding a lower nutrient ppm more often instead of higher ppm less often.

I estimate your plants have about 3 weeks left , sorry for the long winded reply

Question... my plants are week 9ish from flip. They probably have 2 weeks left. They aren't real dense but I think it's a light issue. There is a full 50 cubic foot of green for 600W. That said, I'm thinking of going flush for 2 weeks. I'm wondering if just 400-500ppm of just p/k for a week might help. I think my AN LINE before sups is 5-5-5. After sups I should be running about 5-10-10 or so. I feel my plants are N heavy. Not toxic but wondering if that may be hurting me a bit. Either way, I'm going to start starving them of N now. It's just a matter of adding P and K.

Thoughts??

Thanks LEDB! I'm actually in coco. That said, I also haven't been watering to runoff/waste. I should check runoff ppmto get a feel of where I'm at. I likely won't though. My thoughts were somewhat in line with what you are trying. I assume there is enough salt in those pots to carry me a week or two. I suspect they'll be hungry in a week but not starving. I gave them just PH adjusted water. I went with 6.0 as I assume the mixture will get to a higher ppm when added and drop a few tenths. Strongly considering just a light Koolbloom mix in a few days. I may look for the first signs of canabalism and go from there.

Again, this is my most disappointing run to date. I have nothing specific to blame. Too much plant, too little light, too much stretch, too, too, too... There is nothing special in the genes of these ladies. There is still no disappointment either. I'm looking forward to the COBs and a bit more discipline on the next attempt. Hopefully a special plant comes along and I'm able to give them a bit more time. I plan to grow 2 or 3 at 12/12 from seed while cloning/sexing the Purple Haze for early fall. Both are above ground. The weather is warming up and the room is starting to heat up with the 600. Dropping to 400w should help. Both PHaze are above ground and with the summer's veggie seedlings. Absolutely no rush on them at all.

Thanks for the thoughts, ideas, and general company from all. I've been so wrapped up the last few months the writing (and plants) has been neglected. I'll try and bring these down the home stretch and get y'all a feel for what the timber lights can do on the next. Maybe a plant or two will be special too?? The Jack Herrer went to the compost pile with the Pineapple Haze and Sour Diesel. Just didn't have the time or energy to cut her up and try to baby 2 seedlings that utterly disgusted me. Lol. Peace peeps!

looking forward to the COB endeavor...have an "after market" as part of my new lighting array...first day back NOB(yesterday doesn't count...24hour travel day)...picked up some hard to find goodies...bring on Spring!!...LOLOOL...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I have a tip to help increase production.

As Coco holds twice as much O2 as soil when both are saturated it allows people to feed nutrients multiple times a day without water logging the plants.Many Coco growers are feeding 3 to 5 times a day poured to run off.

In short Coco works best if fed in multiple daily feedings like flood and drain hydro , especially so when in small pots as they have little root space

Take it easy

Ledbud hit the nail on the head! For hydro results you need to treat coco like hydro. Your plants look great though spitz.

You probably already seen this but ima post it anyways.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Don't forget to keep your ph between 5.5-6.0. Most keep it at 5.8

Thanks gents!

My issue lies with water runoff collection and time with the ladies. The 5 different coco pots makes life challanging. The 2x4 tent will help as I won't have to go into the back to water. These plants got real tall and lanky from being overcrowded. Makes gathering runoff difficult as I can't easily move them around. I guess I could make a syringe to draw runoff and just place the pots elevated in their saucers.

I built a platform that sets above 15G flat totes (2 of them) to collect runoff. It's 4' wide and has rain gutter run down the middle. I have 1/2" pvc piped in w/ball valves for 2 stations with drip rings. The 8 cycle/day hydro timer that can be set to 1 minute cycles. I will also be airating my feed reservoir 5 minutes prior to each water cycle (I have about 3 of those timers). I plan on watering 4 times per day with the first cycle each day 3 times longer than the others to flush daily. Fully automated peeps! I truly intend on trying to maximize my setup for 1 run.

The entire setup costs me about 12" of vertical height with easy runoff swap. Problem is the 2x4 I bought is only 5' tall. Fml

Thanks for th support!

The basin they make to go under washing machines and hot water tanks might fit with what you need Spitz. I've also seen some old shower stall bases at the dump that look pretty tempting

Thanks guys.. I think my new setup is going to be nice. I still haven't ordered a new/taller 2x4 tent. After the 12" for base framing and another 12" for pots, there isn't much left in the 5' of height in the one I ordered. Veg tent??

Anyway...
Data dump: temps 65-85 low/high and usually in the middle of that range. First part of the week was just water. I haven't been watering to runoff each day. I've been watering to full saturation daily for about 4 weeks now (timing coinciding with when I could no longer easily move the plants). A few weekends away left me watering to 1" of water in their drip trays. They do look pretty damn good I think. The last 3 days have been with 450ppm of 0-50-30. I'm going to stick with this until flush. They won't all finish at the same time so I'll have 2 feed buckets. The Bubble Bomb is really close. I could flush her now but week on week picture comparison makes me think she's still adding weight. She gets food until at least next weekend). I have a USB microscope but I don't buy the entire trichome argument. I can find amber or clear on any plant that's 6 weeks or so into flower. I let the plants tell me when they are ready. As for "head vs body", that's why I grow pure sativas, indicas, and hybrids. Lol

Anyway, here are the ladies. From top to bottom are Bubblicious, BubbleBomb, Budzilla, and Vanilla Kush:

IMG_200131.JPG
IMG_200226.JPG
IMG_200422.JPG
IMG_200522.JPG

A feel for how the light penetrates... mostly white, all red/blue, full power

IMG_200628.JPG
IMG_200732.JPG
IMG_200830.JPG
IMG_200931.JPG

Thanks guys.. I think my new setup is going to be nice. I still haven't ordered a new/taller 2x4 tent. After the 12" for base framing and another 12" for pots, there isn't much left in the 5' of height in the one I ordered. Veg tent??

Good idea !

After summer I want to buy a 2x4 for a two plant veg tent cycling them into the larger tent to flower perpetually using just 4 plants. Although be it big ones using a 10 week Veg period.

Using ten weeks allows both tents to tick over smoothly at the same time maximizing the production time of the duration.

Thanks LEDB... I'm guessing 2-3 oz of prime off of the Bubblebomb. Likely that much off the bottom half to go for processing. The Bubblicious will be by far the winner in this group for mass. She has long thick heavy colas. Very sativa set with indica thickness. It should be interesting. The others... meh. An ounce or two off each with lots of extras for cooking. Momma is quite content with that.

I have gone feed-water-water for the last 6 x6G watering pails. When they get to water, they really start to eat themselves up quick. Here is a tent shot to get an idea...

IMG_201032.JPG

The bubblebomb will likely come down this weekend. The plant has been telling me she is ready. I think she's mostly cloudy. She's also starting to drink less. She sure stinks too! She is the only real winner in the group for bag appeal I think. Here she is:

IMG_201422.JPG
IMG_201322.JPG
IMG_201129.JPG

Peace peeps...

Just got my hands on some new beans today. I don't think I'm going to run the Black Widow or Shiva Skunk as they are regs and more of a project/learning experience. I do want to know what the new Timber light can do though and I need a couple of months to sex the Purple haze anyway under 12/12. I'm thinking of dropping a Cookies Kush and a Triple Cheese (both Barneys fems) to go 12/12 from seed.

As for the Purple Haze, they just finished pushing their 1st set of real leafs. They spend time in the garage under a shop LED that is mostly on. It's cold in there (between 40 and 70) but they are doing fine. Anyway.. that's my story.

Back
Top Bottom