Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

Interested in seeing what that GSC does, Spitz. I recently grew a GSC mystery cross. It was insanely leggy and fast growing till just into flowering. Then it stopped dead in its tracks and grew a bunch of the most aromatic buds I've ever smelled, which all quickly lay on their sides on the scrog screen like they were too tired to sit up. They're curing now.

Wow, your Cookies is a beast! Beautiful posture and color!

Very nice! :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words Graytail. To be honest, they look a lot better in the pictures than they do in real life. They are happy, just not nearly as developed as they photograph. Guess the camera adds 10g. lol With zero training (minus a few toppings) and the jam packed tent, I fear my yield may suffer from each plant. The flip side of that is the overall tent yield should be on par for what the light can do. I'm hoping for a quality harvest of +/- 6 oz of "variety" for momma with enough popcorn to make a few batches of Christmas cookies. That should last her a quite a while.

Shit.. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I have a hunch they are better than I think they are and not quite what they photograph at. Anyway, I'll update next weekend by pulling them each out. Figure I'll give them each the spotlight every other weekend with group shots on the alternating weekends. I really don't know what I'm doing. If you have any pointers, shout them out. that goes for anyone. Rgds

Found some bananas on the GSC this morning. It was the first set I'd ever seen. Poking around wondering "what the hell is that" only to get dusted. Found about 8 more sets when I was cutting it up. I'm going to write it off as genetics. She never had a bit of stress or light in her entire time. I just hope she didn't pollinate the others too badly. They look good. I'll try and get a pic of each of them up this weekend.

Wow really? I've never seen nanners that early. For whatever that's worth (nothing) :)

I think it was a true hermaphrodite from the get go. The flowers seemed "weird" right from the onset. It really wasn't a feminine plant from the second it hit 12/12. I was expecting to make some more room in the tent... Still full! I didn't snap pics as I was rather disgusted.

The plants were all fed today GH 3 part (1Grow, 2micro, 3Bloom, 5ml CaMg/Gallon, and smidge of Chaching). They were given a 1/2 G feeding each with a 1/2G straight water chaser. They are 21 days of 12/12 and I'm calling this the end of week 2 bloom. Here is a photo drop for the week...

The SLHaze:
image30891.jpg
image30892.jpg

The Raspberry Cough:
image30895.jpg
image30896.jpg

2 Grinspoons and the Strawberry cheesecake (in no particular order):
image30888.jpg
image30889.jpg
image30890.jpg
image30894.jpg
image30893.jpg

I didn't capture a photograph of the blueberry. She's in the front of the tent so she'll be featured next weekend.

Any and all comments, questions, or suggestions welcome... Peace!

Update time...

It looks like all flowers have "set" and begun to grow. I was a bit disappointed in their development until I checked my photos from last week. I changed my tone from disappointed to "they're moving right along". They will be getting a straight PK boost at the next water. They look great thus far and have had minimal nutrients introduced at watering. A few of the SLHaze leafs are showing some rust spots. I'm not going to worry too much.

The SLHaze:

image31364.jpg

One Grinspoon. This one may build some colas. Not exactly what the breeder states but no worries.

image31366.jpg

A quick shot of the entire tent:

image31365.jpg

Any and all comments welcome. Will be back next weekend to update if there aren't any comments.
Peace people!

Beautiful plants, Spitz! :love:

The SLH looks like a perfect example of the strain, with the lollypop buds all up the stems, and that DrG is spectacular, even if it isn't the funky characteristic pheno. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gorgeous!

Beautiful plants, Spitz! :love:

The SLH looks like a perfect example of the strain, with the lollypop buds all up the stems, and that DrG is spectacular, even if it isn't the funky characteristic pheno. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gorgeous!

Thanks GT. I'm really thinking about ordering some Desfran. I think yours is beautiful. Ya'll been beating up on her in your journal a bit and I just find her stunning. We shall see if there is one of her in momma's future. Looking forward to the smoke report. She locves her sativa and just finished her Maui last night.

I have a garbage bag full of trim/flowers from the 2 harvests. Some cookies/butter are on the agenda for next week. Question to anybody following or creeping along... What do you do to de carboxylate before making butter? I did 18 hrs in a crockpot and everyone "sees dragons, can't move, and then goes to sleep" with no de carb. As I've been learning, I think I blew past the more psychoactive cannabanoids into the sedative ones. The time/temp relationship isn't a hard line and I worry it will take years of experimenting to dial it in. Hoping to steal some pointers from others here. What makes it equally as tough is, unfortunately, I don't ever get to sample the product. The things we do for our loved ones... Spitz out

Hi Spitz. While I always try to filter what I read here, I found two threads that made some sense to me and might interest you. Thanks again for stopping by today.

Science Of Smoking: THC Decarboxylation

Decarbing

Your plants look super!

Thanks for the post MagicJim. Just to follow up with anyone else that may be lurking... Momma made her first batch of cookies the other day. We decarbed in the oven in quart size canning jars (2 each 3/4 full of nugs, popcorn, and the good trim). Temp was 240F and time was 45 minutes (this wasn't odorless but not too bad at all). Emptied the jars into the MB2e with 2 1/4C of coconut oil and set for 160F and 8hrs. Ran the MB2e on the deck all day.

Cookie report..
Momma loves them. Made 24 chocolate chip cookies with half the coconut oil. One is perfect and 2 is "1 way too many" as she put it. They are more "heady" than 18hrs in a crockpot with butter/water. To keep it in her true fashion.. "I love me both daddy. I want you to keep doing them like this but want some the other way too". Geesh...

End of week 4 bloom...

The plants recieved their first real feed on Monday. They were fed 10ml of GH Micro 5-0-1 and 30ml of GH KoolBloom 0-10-10 diluted to 800 ppm. They were fed/watered to runoff for the first time in their lives. I had been top watering about a half gallon and bottom watering in their drip trays a splash. I had water everywhere and spent 45 minutes cleaning up. I won't do that again! I've begun to rethink my strategy. I'll toss it around later for chits and giggles. Needless to say, the plants didn't come out of the tent this weekend after the marathon watering session last week. Now, for your viewing pleasure...

First up is a general shot of the tent for week on week comparison.

image31853.jpg

I do believe my GSC succeeded in preserving her existence. It appears she pollinated my Strawberry Cheesecake. I found what appear to be seed pods in 2 places. Heres a pic of what I believe to be a seed pod.

image31855.jpg

Next up is the Raspberry Cough. Coming along nicely I think. I'd love huge colas like I see on so many other photos. I've made up my mind that I'm new to this and will "take what we get".

image31857.jpg

Now a shot of the Blueberry. She was topped and didn't quite stretch like the others. She's on an upside down 5G pot booster seat. I think she looks good though.

image31858.jpg

And last but not least... The other Dr. Grinspoon. I accidentally dropped 2 seeds in the cup at germination. Too many mojitos me thinks!

image31859.jpg

Feel free to critique, make recommendations, or general overall comments. I know I should be doing a few things different. I just don't really want to haul plants around the house. I'm sure it's going to bite me in the ass in the coming weeks. These Grinspoons have 8 weeks left. Wtf was I thinking??? Peace people!

Spitz, a little thought on the watering if I may. You ever think of getting one of those "foot tubs" (wash basin, whatever they call it around your parts), filling it with your water and letting your plants bottom water in them? I know out near me they have them in all kinds of sizes so you could get one close to the size of your pots.

Thanks JuanCarlos for the thought. My issue lies more along the lines of flushing than watering. The bending, twisting, and turning is hard on me as well as they stink too bad to carry back and forth to a bathroom through the house. I'm strongly thinking coco, air pots, and drain to waste. I'd set up pumps to empty the DTW reservoir into buckets. I can lift and carry a house, I just don't bend very well any more. I've got some time to figure it out though. I'm going to make 1 run of all sativas after the holiday and shut it down for next summer.

The 5G pots and minimal feeding have helped, but, I have no doubt whatsoever that lockout is in my future. I'm thinking DTW coco may be my answer. I might drop a test seed and run it 12/12 for a test. Thanks again for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom