Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Thanks LEDB.... I'm not sure either. I agree, I think it's going to work itself out. The plant is drinking and growing.. that tells me she's not too upset. There is a lot to this game. I suspect if I ever went commercial, I would learn a bunch. For now, it's a lot of qualitative observations. Here's my thought on what did that to that plant. I started her in a solo cup under very arid conditions (RH 10%). She had a bit of twist to her leafs. I hear many attribute this to "PH swings". In my "observation", I attribute this to Low RH in my case. I see this all the time, soil, coco, wet, dry, etc... Far too many environments to call it a "PH" problem. I'm not saying it won't do that, I'm confident that's not the case here is all. Back to my point.. My thought is I moved her from a solo to 3G and gave them a big 800ppm watering. The next day when watering, the first glass I poured went straight through. I knew she wasn't real happy and decided to let her work the coco a little dry (I know, I know). When the coco dried, I suspect the PH crashed low (as PPMs were pretty high) causing some temporary lockout. I haven't referenced nutrient availability charts to see if that makes sense. I guess my point to all that is... there is a bunch to the horticulture game. Makes all that organic growing sort of 2 levels deep into the matrix. By organic I mean living soil.

Note on my new light. Small hiccup on the Timber 4x100 Vero setup I ordered. i won't get into details, but I understand why and all the solutions they put forward were fantastic. IMO, "NO BULLSHIT" is how I'd describe it. Transparency goes a long way in my book. I ended up moving to the 8x50w Cree for my 2x4. In cost me a bit extra, but wtf! I have some seeds coming from 420 and am dying to try the new setup. There may be a new plot to this journal. Part of me wanted to discard these 5 plants to get started on my next evolution of growing. Then reality hit and I realized I'm 5 weeks in and just starting "show time". Drunk as hell right now... some day I'll get to sit back and enjoy a bowl! Some day....

Peace peeps!

I ran intp the same issue with coco , it repels water if it gets too dry , a catch 22 it wants water but cant adsorb it , I learned to never let it dry out. Coco when wet has 2x the oxygen holding capacity so it NEVER gets water logged allowing you to water at will when ever planned. I watered once a day with it and did well .

End of week 3 of 13.5/10.5 and about a week of flowering...

Data dump.. RH up around 60%. Temps are 82/65F high/low. Feed has been 800-900ppm of sensi bloom (A&B mixed to 600ppm and AN Big Bud 0-4-4 added to bump it up). PH anywhere from 5.6-6.0 and watering to fill pots daily with a weekly flush.

Today's flush was runoff of 860 ppm. Perfect! All but the Budzilla are drinking like crazy. The budzilla and AK47 are quite flimsy. I dont think they'll hold a bunch of flowers. The Bubblicious is sturdy as hell and way stretched out. I could build a tree fort in it. I think when it takes off, it will make some dense nuggets. Probably not much for colas. The Vanilla Kush and Bubblebomb are perfect in every way. I expect large yields from them. We'll see.

Bubblicious on the left and Vanilla Kush on the right:

IMG_196032.JPG

AK47 and Budzilla (left) :

IMG_196131.JPG

The Bubblebomb by herself (I love this plant):

IMG_196230.JPG

Last but not least, the Jack Herrer auto. She's almost completely in the shade. I don't have high expectations. Too bad too... I think if I would have spoiled this girl she would have been alright.

IMG_196325.JPG

IMG_196423.JPG

Thanks LEDBud. Yeah.. I should/will do that. She's just sooooooo far back in the corner..lol.

Part of the reason I'm moving to the 2x4' is I don't care for crawling around in there.

Side project...
The Timber 4x50W Linear assembly (X 2) will be powering the new tent. I built a platform above 2x20G totes and a pump system for auto DTW. Four 420 (1 ea: Sour Diesel, Strawberry Kush, Goldleaf, and Pineapple Haze) are sandwiched between wet paper towels now. Long veg, lots of training... I want to actually try and achieve a good g/w number. Peace peeps!

These ladies were about 12" or so at flip... the Bubblicious stands about 5' now. Well she did anyway. After a single "snap" she's down to 3.5'. The tip turned around and started pointing up again. I'll have to stake it up for some support. Flower is full on now for all of them! I should be starting to cut some down in 8 weeks or so!

IMG_196530.JPG

The 4 new girls from 420 have all cracked their shell but have not quite broken ground. 2 in coco and 2 in soil.

Busy weekend coming up... midweek update. Roughly 2.5 weeks from flip and still running 13.5/10.5 light hrs. None of the plants were trained at all and they sure raced up. They are slowing down, but still stretching. I think the full tent combined with the extended flowering light really made them compete. I'm expecting a couple ozs off each. I think the bubble bomb and vanilla kush may slightly top that. We'll see!

Data dump..
Sensi coco A&B to 600ppm
Si, CaMg, trace pulse koolbloom 0-10-10 added to get to 1000ppm
Watered to full (no runoff). Will run a small feed/flush coming Friday or Tuesday.
Temps hit 90 today with RH of 75. I think they loved it... window cracked to drop RH and temp.

Some pics.. most full flower and the AK still transitioning

IMG_196622.JPG
IMG_196726.JPG
IMG_196823.JPG
IMG_196926.JPG
IMG_197024.JPG
IMG_197126.JPG

The Timber 2x 4x50W Linear Cree setups have arrived. I haven't tried them yet but am looking forward to it next week. The Pineapple Haze and Sour Diesel will be the first run under those lamps. They are under a couple of cfls now. No hurry as they need to veg for 8-9 weeks! Going to try my hand at training and scrolling again. They'll be in 10G pails on an auto feed system. Still working on how to evenly soak a pot that big. Peace!

Looking good Spitz , The leaves are praying hard always a good sign when they turn up toward the light all perky and happy like

Got a full house in there ! in 4 more weeks it will be stuffed with buds judging by the plants

Nice to have the variety too , its going to be good

Nice. Makes me feel light years away. Mine are getting ready for their 5th feeding and don't look nearly as good.
Like I said, I'm not trying to break any records, I just want some medicine. Nice.

Welcome chemo! Let me know when you start a thread. Rule #1.. don't ever compare your plants to anyone else's. theirs always look bigger and healthier than they really are. Just have a good time sir! Shout out any questions you may have...

I have had some pretty bad-looking harvests, but the buds were still potent. The leaves were great, too! A few tablespoons of dried, cured leaves n trim in my chili put me down hard and fast! :laughtwo:

Your giving away everyone's secret to big healthy plants lol !

oddly with me the photos always make them look smaller and unappealing lol true

I need to step up my photography skills see if I can't make em look huge for next weeks update haha

Welcome chemo! Let me know when you start a thread. Rule #1.. don't ever compare your plants to anyone else's. theirs always look bigger and healthier than they really are. Just have a good time sir! Shout out any questions you may have...

Another midweek update...

Data dump for the week. AN Sensie Coco Bloom A&B to 600 ppm. GH Koolbloom added to 1000 ppm. I mixed in a teaspoon of Great White to a gallon of distilled warm water to split between the 5 plants prior to their feed. I use ordinary tap water 99% of the time. I use bennificial bacteria sparingly. I mixed some up this time because of the seedlings so the big girls got a splash too. PH adjusted to 5.6. I actually add my PH Down before testing as the mix has become pretty standard. After mixing my pen read 6.2. I added a bit more PH down and she read 6.1. Didn't seem right so I went to the backup pen and 5.6. The other may need batteries and/or a calibration this week.

I'm not a big fan of defoliation. I felt I had to do it to get any light penetration into the plants. I raised my light as high as it will go and still had to super crop the Bubblicious (again). I snapped the top pretty good and suspect I'll lose it. I tried to keep it together with twist ties. We'll see in a couple of days.

Buds are growing!!

IMG_197328.JPG
IMG_197422.JPG
IMG_197528.JPG
IMG_197630.JPG

Here are the seedlings. I don't have a dual tent setup. Well, I have 2 with the new 2x4, it just isn't hooked up. I suspect I'll put it up at the first "whiff". Here are the little guys. The coco girls get 400ppm of Sensie Grow A&B. They are under 46W of cfl. One @ 3k and 1 @ 6.5k.

IMG_197737.JPG
IMG_197831.JPG

I can't flower them until the others come down as my flowering plant count is 6. I will try my hand at training! Shout out any questions.. Peace!!

They've been flowering for 1 month now. Well, they've seen 12/12 for one month now and most flowering for just under two weeks. Again, my light schedule has been 13.5 on and 10.5 off. A couple of observations I've made are:

Stretch and transition to flowering were enhanced. These girls preflowered after 2 days and took their sweet time getting into flower. They are still stretching! They have slowed down quite a bit though.

The growth from what I call week 1 to week 2 on the flowers has been incredible. I think the 10% longer daylight is making a difference.

I just wanted to share my thoughts thus far. I'm going to keep the light on this schedule as long as possible. In a month I may drop a half hour and then another hr for the remainder. Next time I have some indica heavy hybrids, I may flip at 11/13 and move back to this schedule after a week. I typically run 11/13 and have had all pure sativas transition in that short time. Peace peeps!

Back
Top Bottom