Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

End of week 7 bloom (week 8 of 12/12)....

The plants dont seem to be doing much. They are just slowly aging. They are still drinking quite a bit of water so they must be doing something. I haven't fed them in a couple of weeks after having issues with salts in their soil. I took a few pictures of a few buds for viewing.

First up is the Raspberry Cough. I think she's actually ready for harvest. She's all sativa though so it's a bit odd she would finish up this fast. I'm going to let her go a week and make a decision then.

image33339.jpg

Next up is a Grinspoon bud. Between the 2 plants, I've got 5 or 6 real good tops like this. She's taking her time but the breeder does state up to 13 weeks.

image33340.jpg

The next is the Super Lemon Haze. She is seeming to just kind of "hang out". There isn't a big change in size or color for her. She should provide a decent harvest and looks pretty good.

image33341.jpg

My plan is to cut 1 down every week for the next 6 weeks. I may start with the Raspberry Cough or possibly even the Blueberry. We'll make that decision next weekend. Of course all is subject to change, but that's the plan. I have a digital scope and will post pics of the flowers and whole plants as I cut them down. The coco girl is growing nicely. We'll see how she goes through flower. If I can keep her healthy, I may move that route. Have a great weekend peeps!!

Thank you all for the kind words. Momma was ready to chop them all down yesterday. She hasn't even made a dent in her auto berries yet, but itching to try one of the big girls. If she ever finds out that there is "bud sampling" before harvest, I may be harvesting sticks in the future! She is jonesing to try that SLH. She rubs it every time she sees it (yes.. It's kind of erotic) and smells her hands for hrs.

They are far from perfect. I made many mistakes along the way. That being said, it has been a joy to grow them and share them with y'all. It's going to be tough to pack the lights up and roll up the tents for the holidays. We're going to have 17 persons and 5 dogs in the house over Christmas. Damn, that's the first time I took a headcount. I may have to leave the tents up and get some bunks.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. I enjoy visiting your gardens as well. If I ever feel like my plants are looking good, I swing over to Graytail's garden and am humbled immediately. Every time I think about trying hydro, I swing over by labrats journal and that is cured. He is working hard over there. Go check him out. And of course, a swing by Weasels journal could have anything from valuable information to Weaselhammock G-strings.

Peace! Spitz worked like a dog this week. Time for a few cold Bud Lights and some football!

T If she ever finds out that there is "bud sampling" before harvest, I may be harvesting sticks in the future! She is jonesing to try that SLH.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. I enjoy visiting your gardens as well. If I ever feel like my plants are looking good, I swing over to Graytail's garden and am humbled immediately. Every time I think about trying hydro, I swing over by labrats journal and that is cured. He is working hard over there. Go check him out. And of course, a swing by Weasels journal could have anything from valuable information to Weaselhammock G-strings.

Peace! Spitz worked like a dog this week. Time for a few cold Bud Lights and some football!

:rofl: lol "Bud Sampling". That was funny my friend.

After last weekend I am very much looking forward to football today. Have fun and enjoy the games.

Thanks for being part of my grow. I really hope that my journal does not put anyone off of hydro. Most of my problems are me. :) I knew the curve would be steep. There are many reasons to try hydro, but there are some serious environmental and economic hurdles that you have to overcome. At least that is what I am finding out. I probably should have stuck to one bucket and one strain. :) I love your garden pics and those buds look AWESOME. I was licking my screen and now need to go get some tech wipes! :)

The Super Lemon Haze looks like some good couchlock material, looks nice on that second pic and probably well ready for the chop chop, not too sure about the third pic though. Is that the same plant on a lower bud? If so I'd be harvesting in stages :)

The pic seems a little weird as the first one there's definitely a lot of amber, if anything they look black as though headed towards senescence, but the picture after that I can't see much amber. Personally I'd be chopping that lot up already and looking forward to some nice body stone ;)

I agree - chop the SLH yesterday. Its sativa buzz is too nice to let it go amber. SLH is good stuff! :thumb:

Midweek update..

The SLHaze and Raspberry cough are in the process of being cut up. Today should be 69 days of 12/12. The Grinspoons are at least a couple weeks out as they are still thickening up. The blueberry and strawberry cheesecake will be cut in 7 or 8 days when the homemade drying box is empty. The RAspberry Cough had 30 days of vegetative growth and the SLH had 60 days.

Here they are before harvest. The SLH in the Orange bucket...

image33648.jpg

Here is the Rasperry Cough after harvest. I'll update later with a picture with the SLH hanging

image33649.jpg

The RC buds are heavy. The flowers are super dense from top to bottom. The SLH has dense flowers about 18" deep. The lower buds are very "airy". Momma cut the top off to hang and the bottom is all going to butter. The overall yield numbers will be down considerably for this reason but.. Meh.. I'm a novice and momma loves her cookies!

Very nice Spitz. You'll have to excuse my ignorance - but these strains have such enticing names and I haven't grown most of them. Do either the raspberry cough or SLH smell anything like they sound?

Back
Top Bottom