Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

What did the purple one look like dried?

The 2 Purple Kush are 4-6 weeks out. They really are pretty plants.

On another note..
The Strawberry cheesecake was harvested today. I'll try and do better with nugget pictures. The plant needed to come down. She was pretty sick looking. I want some opinions on the last Grinspoon. It's rock hard, looks done, and still foxtailing. I'll post a picture and get opinions later. Peace!

The colas are rock hard and as thick as pop cans. If you stacked 2 12oz cans that would just about be the size of those 2 main tops. The single buds throughout the plant are golf ball sized. I checked trichomes 2 weeks ago and they said "it could come down but wouldn't hurt to let it go a couple more weeks). I'm not sure this thing is going to ever quit pushing pistils. Take a look at the growth on the tops and let me know your thoughts.

Its been under 12/12 for about 90 days. Breeder states up to 14 weeks. I think it's going to come down as soon as the Cheesecake is into jars either way. Just looking for the pros and cons of harvesting vs letting it go with these plants that just don't quit.

image34586.jpg

IMO (and I have no experience) if it wants to continue to put out flowers and trics then that is more smoke for the jars. If you have plants that are ready for the space in the tent, or you need the space for other plants in there, then I would consider chopping. But if you do not need the real estate, what's the harm in letting her do her thing?

IMO (and I have no experience) if it wants to continue to put out flowers and trics then that is more smoke for the jars. If you have plants that are ready for the space in the tent, or you need the space for other plants in there, then I would consider chopping. But if you do not need the real estate, what's the harm in letting her do her thing?

I don't know what/if the harm letting her go is. Lol. I'm not too pressed for space. I'd like to lower my light for the smaller ones. I could always just raise the other 5 but I'm lazy. Thanks for the feedback

That coco girl is amazing! Based on the soil ones you just harvested, how often is she needing water? Can you explain more on her feeding schedule and strength of nutes.
This is a great journal, tons of pictures and a great smoke report, "yeah, like this one. Yup, this one too. Oh yeah, I like this one also" lol!
I sent you a pm

The times I let a plant grow late to see what would happen

1. -they generally got better and better
2. -when they got past their prime, in my limited experience anyway, they began to show slight signs of revegging. The buds became drier, less sticky and more leafy. Nothing like yours, which is definitely in the happy zone. :thumb:

That coco girl is amazing! Based on the soil ones you just harvested, how often is she needing water? Can you explain more on her feeding schedule and strength of nutes.
This is a great journal, tons of pictures and a great smoke report, "yeah, like this one. Yup, this one too. Oh yeah, I like this one also" lol!
I sent you a pm

Thanks for the kind words. Like I said, the coco girl was an experiment. She started in a 16oz solo cup of straight coco with holes in the bottom. They say "don't feed until the 3-5 sets of leaves"... I fed from day 1 (3 parts GH micro to 1 part GH bloom diluted to 250ppm). They say "you can't overwater coco". I tried and couldn't. I fed every day to runoff in the morning. She currently gets 1 grow, 2 micro, 2 bloom, 2 koolbloom at 1150 ppm every morning until runoff. If I'm home, she gets a splash of water/feed every time I see her. Maybe 2-5 times a day. She went 3 days without feed/water while out of town once. She looked happy but had a few spots. I will try and post a pic of her showing the leafs. She is far from over but showing far less signs of problems than any soil plant I've ever grown. I never let her get dry, I water to good runoff every morning, I feed every water... I guess that's my soilless baseline.

I don't know if there is any truth to the smell/taste argument of soil vs hydro I hear about. I probably never will know as I don't get to partake and you see the smoke reports I get to use as feedback. Anyway, I want to grow 1 big one like this. Real big! Thanks again for the feedback CD!

Anybody else reading this, this guy has heart! Check out his thread!!

The times I let a plant grow late to see what would happen

1. -they generally got better and better
2. -when they got past their prime, in my limited experience anyway, they began to show slight signs of revegging. The buds became drier, less sticky and more leafy. Nothing like yours, which is definitely in the happy zone. :thumb:

I was afraid you say that. She will live on... at least for now! Thanks Weasel!!,

I know your coco girl is your first hydro-ish plant, so maybe someone can answer.
How do you think perlite would do? I'm thinking it would nearly be the same, my perlite isn't chunky, it's kinda fine and seems to hold water. How long does a mixed nut solution "last"? It is easier for me to mix a gallon at a tim, but, you seem to feed frequently enough that I would have to worry about it sitting for more than three days, right?
Thank you for the kind words on here and on my journal!

Perlite would work. Perlite with vermiculite would work better. Perlite with coco would work the best. This is just my opinion but here's why I say that. I don't think perlite alone will hold enough water. It could, but I think multiple feed/water cycles would be needed. I would choose coco over vermiculite for watering reasons. Washing away the top layer every time I water has been a concern. I've added hydroton to the top to help. Mostly I think it's the roots holding things together a bit better now. I'd like to try the rock wool cubes once. I think you'd be able to flood them real good and recycle the runoff. I bet coco will plug up a drip ring. I have a hunch rockwool cubes won't.

When I mix solution, I make up 3 1G milk jugs. I go through about 1/2G per day. The last jug sits for about 3-5 days before use. I adjust PH to 5.6 at mix. It drifts to about 6.0 after a day or 2. I have just gone with it and don't even check any more after mixing them up.

Now my disclaimer... This is my first hydro attempt. I'm shocked how easy it's been. I suspect it could spiral downward quickly. Lol

Edit:
I use tap water. I use it straight out of the tap (chlorine and all). I figured with an inert medium i didn't need to let it sit for days before watering. It's about 50ppm out of the tap.

Spitz, I have to agree about how easy hydro is. Even though my run is a RDWC, we are both going soil less. Once you understand or dial in, your system and how the plant is going to respond to it, then it is pretty automatic. The nice thing is if something goes out of whack you see it pretty quickly and can take corrective actions and your back on track in hours. Just my 2 cents from what I have seen with my grow. :)

End of week 12 Bloom (end of 13 weeks 12/12)...

Pretty busy day today. I have a pile of vacation to burn up by the end of the year and took a random day off today. First up is the cut up Strawberry Cheesecake. The great news is my seed breeding project was a epic success. The bad news is I wasn't trying to produce seeds. I would consider her moderately seeded. I did find 1 seed in the Raspberry Cough and 2 seeds in the Blueberry. I wrote it off to the GSCookie hermit early on. The Cheesecake must have turned on herself. FML. I was a bit disgusted primarily because the last 5 plants I'm finishing the year off will be seeded as well.

Anyway, here she is on plates for another day before hitting jars.

image34622.jpg

image34623.jpg

I was disgusted enough to cut up the last Dr. Grinspoon. That reminds me, momma exercised her chance to medicate early (she thinks it's an obligation to indulge during harvest) by trying the first Grinspoon (about 2 weeks from harvest). Wait for it... Drum roll... Yep, she loves it! I really wish I could give you more on these but she is just tickled pink. I'll really press her for a good one after it cures for a few more weeks. As for the last Grinspoon:

image34620.jpg

image34621.jpg

This thing is going to dwarf any weight I've posted so far. It is just plain "heavy". The room they are all in is at 40% RH so I've got to be on top of trying to dry them slow.

Now for the very last of the plants still standing. They were started as 12/12 quick hitters to finish by Christmas. I really didn't think I would have harvested as much as I did from the journal plants. I suspect with all the arthritis, cancer, and caregiver stress I'm going to host for Christmas, Im pretty sure I can treat the crew to as many medibles as they can consume.

From left to right.. Purple Kush, Afghan Kush x Skunk, and the coco Medijuana

image34624.jpg

And a shot of the coco plant leafs. Now let me start by saying, I've never kept a plant this healthy for this long. I'm ecstatic of her overall health. She developed these spots after skipping 2 meals from being out of town. I've heard some let their coco dry out so I figured it wouldn't be an issue to not feed her for a day. I was wrong lol. I have only given her GH 3 part with a small Koolbloom boost. I have CaMg but haven't given her any because she hasn't asked. I figured the GH micro and tap water were doing their job.

What is the deficiency shown in these few leafs? I'm not too worried but would like some reference for future use.

image34625.jpg

This should be my 2nd to last journal entry. I still owe weights and nugget shots on the Grinspoon and Strawberry Cheesecake. We all know what the smoke report is gonna be lol. If you want, I'll keep it open through the harvest of the last group. If not, I'll post weights, answer any questions, and close it up in a week.

Stay safe this weekend and protect a child for Halloween! Peace!!

Spitz, please keep it open until the end of the PK! I also have some PK seeds from Crop King and I would love to see your plant to finish. Just so I can make up my mind whether or not to pop those seeds or continue with clones. I really appreciate you having this journal and sharing your experiences with us no matter what you decide to do. Congrats on the harvest and looking forward to the numbers and "smoke report" :)

Ditto. The fans request journal stay open! And I also have the PK on my shortlist, after first seeing a picture of it (the one I posted on my journal) and am curious to see how it works out for you, and how P the K gets.

So.. Momma asks this morning. How come you don't have any baby plants? I didn't even answer. I just dug out 2 Purple Haze and 2 Maui Waui regular seeds. The specifics are:

Coco Coir medium
GH 3 part for vegetative and Advanced Nutrients PH perfect for coco during flower
Auto top feed drain to waste in totes
Totes tied to a sump for draining and pumping out
Cloning, training, sexing, scrog
I may even make some fem seeds with the sexed clones

Not sure why I shared that. I guess it's because germinating is my favorite part of a grow!

Edit:
The Strawberry Cheesecake just weighed in at 2.06 Oz.

As for the ongoing journal... Strawberry Cheesecake is going to be weighed and headed to final canning jars today. The second Grinspoon will be cut from stems today and buds will sit on plates for 24 hrs before heading into the drying jars tomorrow. I have to move them in/out of jars to slow down the drying process. RH is running about 40% and they really need to be babied before locking them down in canning jars. I'll post photos of the 2 purple kush every week. They'll be cut up the first week of December so I can take the tent down for Christmas. The new project is going to happen in mommas walk in closet. I didn't even consider that an option. Lol. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom