Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

Update...

Both Purple Kush came down the other day. This is the last photograph of them standing. The tops were dense and gorgeous. The lower growth was very "airy", small, but still beautiful. I left a gallon jug in the photo for reference.

image35030.jpg

That leaves me with 2 more plants to harvest in the next week or two. The coco medijuana and a Afghan Kush x Skunk. I also have the 2 Purple Haze and 2 Maui Waui regular seedlings under 12/12. I'll move them under a fluorescent after the last big one is harvested and move them to 18/6. I'd go GLR but I need to take some clones to sex and I have a hunch they'll do better at 18/6. Not too many updates left. It's been a long ride and I'm looking forward to the holiday break. Hope y'all have a great day.

Thanks gents! She's in the cardboard box. I'll take some good flower pics when I take them off the stems. If I don't, call me out and ask for them if you want.

As for the smoke report, I fear Colesdad may have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I don't make may recommendations, but, I will endorse the Raspberry Cough for any sativa lovers out there. Quicker finisher, strong, easy growers, and momma loves it. She loves the first Grinspoon too, but, 12 weeks is a long time to carry a plant. The second Grinspoon looks much better, feels better, and smells better. She hasn't been sampled yet. Soon boys.. Soon.

Keep em green gents..

Here are the 2 regular Maui Waui and Purple Haze:

image35088.jpg

image35089.jpg

I mixed up 2G of the AN PH perfect Coco series.
Water before.. PH 8.1 and 70 ppm.

Added 10ml each of Part A/B and 5ml Voodoo Juice and B52
Solution after.. PH 6.2 and 600 ppm.

I didn't adjust it.. We'll see what she reads tomorrow. I watered each seedling to excessive runoff. I was going to top them, but, decided to let them go a few more days.

Quick update...

The PH drifted from 6.2 to 6.5 after 3 days. Yep, the plants showed some spotting. I lowered the ph to 5.8 today and gave them a drink to "very good runoff" as a flush. Sure is nice flushing 20 oz cups! Lol. One note on the PH perfect though.. I did mix the nutrient solution at half strength so they should have had half the buffering agents. We'll monitor again at full strength.

I topped them all at the first node in an attempt to slow them down. I probably should have cloned the tops but I didnt. They are still vegging at 12/12. In a perfect world they will show sex in the next 2 weeks and I can force them back into full blown veg mode under cfls after the tent comes down. I doubt I'll get that lucky.

The Purple Kush are in/out of jars and are getting close to going into lockdown for cure. I should get a few nug pictures and a weight by the end of the weekend. I expect a light weigh in of +\- 1 oz per plant.

The Afghan Kush/Skunk will be harvested at the next opportunity. She is small but looks terrific.

The coco Medijuana has seen day 1 of flush. It's going to be neat watching a hydro plant flush. She recieved about a pots volume of 5.8 water. I didn't measure the runoff for reference. Maybe tomorrow.

The WW looks terrible and needs more time than she will get. I see some form of "plant to butter to Christmas cookie" transformation in her future. In a true "Good, bad, and ugly" fashion, I will air my dirty laundry out with a pic of her before harvest.

Happy thanksgiving peeps... Squeeze someone you love!

Must say... When I estimated +\- an oz on each, I was pretty balls on!
image35193.jpg
image35194.jpg
image35195.jpg
image35196.jpg

Now they haven't been cured at all. As I was weighing and jarring, momma rolled one fat 70mm air purifier that she lights before drawing air into her lungs. She finished about half and snuffed it out. "Not harsh at all. I like this one a lot. I have no idea what it tastes like, but, I like it. Thanks Daddy". I finished locking everything up and walked into the bathroom to ask about the effect. She was in the tub with the jets rolling. Lights off and candle lit. The Rolling Stones playing through a Bluetooth speaker system. I Just smiled, shut the door, and left. I guess some of the best reviews are the ones you don't ever ask for.

Well... Two more came down today. First was the Medijuana that was in coco. Big and thick flowers. Even the lower buds were "keepers". This was a 12/12 experiment just to try my luck at "intro to hydro". She came down in approximately 90 days from seed and I think harvested at the perfect time. Here she is in her last moments standing and on the hanger after.

image35270.jpg
image35271.jpg

Then came down the Afghan Kush/Skunk. She was another 12/12 to fill up some space. Honestly, I had no idea I'd harvest as much as I would from the other plants. Hindsight, I didn't need to grow any of the second rounders. Momma has enough to last her a few years I think. Oh well.. Guess it's a good problem. Back on topic... This girl sat in the back of the tent. She didn't get very much attention at all. It was while cutting her up I gained an appreciation for this plant. It is covered in resin and yielded quite a bit more dense flowers than I expected (and completely stinks!). I didn't even grab a pic before harvest. Here she is after being cut up.
image35272.jpg

Here's what's left. A neglected WW and the four regular (2 ea) purple haze and Maui Waui. I would have cut up the WW today for oil but my back started killing me. She'll sit a few more days/hours before harvest.
image35273.jpg

I'm hoping the 4 regulars will show sex in the next week or two. As soon as they do, the tent will come down and they'll just sit under a fluorescent until Jan. I do believe 1 has showed herself as a boy.
image35274.jpg

It's tough to see but there are what I believe to be male parts showing at the first node. Keep in mind I topped these at the first node to keep them small. They will be topped at the 2nd node again next time I'm in there.

I'll report weights on these two plants and I definitely want to show off a closeup flower pic of the AK/Skunk girl. She's pretty impressive. Thanks to all the support along the way. It was an experience. Peace!

Well... Final update!

The Medijuana and Afghan Kush x Skunk were weighed and put in their final canning jars today. The coco run was quite the learning experience and the results were fantastic. I will likely continue to utilize soil for most of my plants but it was nice to harvest a healthy one for a change! The nuggets are extremely dense. Even the popcorn were keepers.

image35439.jpg

The weight blew me away. By far, the most efficient plant I've done. Keep in mind, this lady was a 12/12 experiment and lasted right around 90 days.

image35440.jpg

Here is a closeup of a random nugget. You can see how dense they are. None of them have that "see through" makeup I've gotten used to.

image35441.jpg

Now for the Afghan Kush/Skunk. I can't wait for momma to try this one. I let her go about 3 weeks longer than I normally would have. Again, another 12/12 but she went in a week or 2 before the medijuana and was harvested the same day. I think those 2-3 extra weeks made a big difference in quality.
image35442.jpg
image35443.jpg

That leaves me with 1 WW that can come down any day and the 4 regular seedlings. Both Maui Waui have shown sex. Both are girls! Neither Purple Haze has shown sex yet. I'd guess 1 male and 1 female. I say that because 1 of them is growing much faster than the other 3 seedlings. Hopefully they show soon. Either way, only 1 Maui is going to make the cut. Hopefully 1 PH can join her. I'm guessing a few more days and I'll know. I mentioned a week ago I thought I had a male. It turns out, if you top at the first node as soon as physically possible, these plants do some weird things. All 4 had growth growing out right at the cotyledons. What I thought was "balls" was really a new leaf forming where it shouldn't have. Interesting...

Again.. Thanks for the company, thanks for the support, and thanks for the good vibes! The Maui is going to be the last plant until next fall. She's only in the tent because after 10 strains, momma still has 1 Maui nugget she's saving for a special occasion.

Just shout out any questions or comments. I'm going to try and figure out how to close this thing. peace!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom