Sponsored Grow - Goliath & The Beast Auto Topping

Ween welcome mate.and i was also shocked by the size and weight of goliath.is a beast.my frame has worked great and no stress for the tent and goliath hangs strong and proud;).look forward to seeing ur method of support for the beauty;).be sure to post pics on here mate of ur setup when ready.sure all will want to see.great choice of light happy growing;)

Ween welcome mate.and i was also shocked by the size and weight of goliath.is a beast.my frame has worked great and no stress for the tent and goliath hangs strong and proud;).look forward to seeing ur method of support for the beauty;).be sure to post pics on here mate of ur setup when ready.sure all will want to see.great choice of light happy growing;)

OK, thanks Beast! Please stop by my journal and take a gander and feel free to offer up advice as this is my second grow. I received my Perfect Sun Goliath today and after the shock wore off, I got to planning on how to get this monster hung. My tent would likely collapse under the weight, it's already carrying a massive can carbon filter plus fan so couldn't add 57 lbs to it. I got some fairly heavy duty hooks and screwed them into studs right above the tent, I cut little holes and threaded the rope from a couple ratchet hangars through, with my injured arm I maneuvers the light into the tent and on top of a 5 gallon bucket with a flannel on top, then hooked up the provided hanging wires/carabiners doubling them up and raised the light with the ratchets, then added the additional wires/carabiners hooked the the top outside of the tent frame as a backup. They are 24 inches above the plants which I need to train and or chop before I flip or I'll be in trouble quickly as there is not much room to raise the light, maybe 12-18 inches...?

image18688.jpeg

IMG_20161024_190751.jpg

IMG_20161024_190556.jpg

IMG_20161024_190614.jpg

IMG_20161024_190624.jpg

IMG_20161024_190639.jpg

Ween hell yes mate good job on the hanging of the goliath.and very nice tent and plants.our setups are very similar.gna be great to compare.il follow ur grow for sure;) happy growing;)

OK, thanks Beast! Please stop by my journal and take a gander and feel free to offer up advice as this is my second grow. I received my Perfect Sun Goliath today and after the shock wore off, I got to planning on how to get this monster hung. My tent would likely collapse under the weight, it's already carrying a massive can carbon filter plus fan so couldn't add 57 lbs to it. I got some fairly heavy duty hooks and screwed them into studs right above the tent, I cut little holes and threaded the rope from a couple ratchet hangars through, with my injured arm I maneuvers the light into the tent and on top of a 5 gallon bucket with a flannel on top, then hooked up the provided hanging wires/carabiners doubling them up and raised the light with the ratchets, then added the additional wires/carabiners hooked the the top outside of the tent frame as a backup. They are 24 inches above the plants which I need to train and or chop before I flip or I'll be in trouble quickly as there is not much room to raise the light, maybe 12-18 inches...?

image18688.jpeg

IMG_20161024_190751.jpg

IMG_20161024_190556.jpg

IMG_20161024_190614.jpg

IMG_20161024_190624.jpg

IMG_20161024_190639.jpg

Looks nice. On thing I did because I have 7 foot tall ceilings to get more height, is instead of using the hangers it comes with, I use plastic coated galvanized wire. I pulled it through two of the eyelets on top of the light until very tight. I attached my ratchets to the galvanized wire. This gave me like a foot more of space.

Oh, guess what? I tested a brand new 1000w HPS bulb in a UFO hood, the best hood to get the height average par for 4x4 foot area. And, dun da!

570 average par at 24 inches away.

Goliaths average par at 24 inches away for 4x4 = 610.

Goliath has a higher average par than a brand new 1000w HPS bulb. Insane! We know it has a better spectrum, more efficient spectrum as well. Math says the Goliath can produce bigger yields.

I am working on the video now, showing both lights getting measured.

Looks nice. On thing I did because I have 7 foot tall ceilings to get more height, is instead of using the hangers it comes with, I use plastic coated galvanized wire. I pulled it through two of the eyelets on top of the light until very tight. I attached my ratchets to the galvanized wire. This gave me like a foot more of space.

Hi LED,

To get more height, I folded my cables in half (the ones that came with the light) This reduced their length by half and gave me a good bit more height.

Just another method.

I am a big fan of this light. Planning on selling my Mars 1200. I have been looking for many months. Glad beast is repping you cuz now I know about the light.

Schtiggy, yeah, I show that in the how to hang the Goliath video, but I got even more height using the galvanized wire. I think 6 inches more?[/QUOTE]

I have a move coming up in the next few months so I won't be making any big changes to my grow in the immediate future. When we are settled, I will be building a room specifically for my grows...no more tent.

I will be planning on building a 5x5 frame and setting the light in a "cradle" at the top so it wont have to hang. Under it I will be placing an ATV lift, shown below, with a 4.75' x 4.75' tabletop surface built on top of it. This is a foot pump lift so no electric or drill required and it lifts up to 36". This way the light remains stationary....and can't spin or twist....and the table is able to be moved up and down.

Capture160.JPG

Back
Top Bottom