Sqwheels' 2nd Grow - White Widow - Soil-Less Mix 2011

Hi Astonr,

I'm stumped. I have lots of outdoor plants (not MJ) I grow tomatos and various other vegies every year, and other perenniels in my yard, there are all kinds of bugs out there. Someone mentioned grasshoppers. It could be a plant hopper of some kind, ya know, something that just stays long enough to take a few bites and then dissappears. Maybe thats why you haven't found any bugs on them. Didn't you say you sprayed around your yard earlier? Maybe you should reapply...out in your yard.

I don't really think it would be a hermie side effect, that just doesn't seem to make sense to me...But I'm often wrong. And like you said it's only the one plant. Get yourself a nice iced drink of choice and a dubbie and take a seat outside, away from your girls, but still able to see them good, then wait, and watch...my best suggestion.

Happy Growing :yahoo:

Whats good Sqwheels,
it like i said earlier, no hoppers around, at least at anytime that i am outside. Yes i did spray the whole yard, around the wall, on the wall, my roof top and edges of all around the roof, sprayed the whole spot where the ladies reside, and the table before putting the ladies back... if you havent noticed that the ladies have a new table, the old table was starting to buckle after all the other things that i have grown on it, i thought it would last through its first MJ grow, but that didnt happen... so i had to improvise and make a new table out of an old door!!! lol it works!!! anyways, i cut down the door to make a good size to fit in the corner where its dark for the flowering period!!! anyways, how about moths??? would they by any chance do that??? i found 1 on it last night!!! also a jumping spider!!! it was a tiny little thing and it seen me comin and it ran across the top leaves and jumped on to the wall and tried to make an escape!!! my quick thinking said, Oh no you dont, and i smashed it wit my hand real fast!!! when i sprayed the yard it had a no trespassing sign to go with it!!! lol :rofl:

anyways!!! thanks for your thoughts on my issue!!!

BTW, dont use home max defense from HDepot, it sux!!! its not really doing anything for the outside, but it works wonders for the indoors!!!

:peacetwo:

i thought it was that your plants roots are well established??? eh which ever works!!! i know that i have the same thing, so either well rooted or nuted just right!!! they both are a plus!!!

hey sqwheels!!! check this out!!!
SAM_1677.JPG
SAM_1676.JPG

you think that might be something that was eating!!! this is not the spider that i mentioned earlier!?!?!? this 1 is yellow??? and the other one was dark brown!!!

Xlr8,

Wow, thanks so much...Great pics and info. I followed 420fied SOG, that is the type I think I want to try next. I thought it was called SCRoG, but I was wrong (again, :) happens frequently) Anyway the smaller the better...and he got great results

I'm really short just over 4' in my chair, and the ww I've been growing is way out of control. over 5' now, and spread to completely fill that 4'x5' room. I can hardly turn them around in there now. I'm so glad they are almost ready to harvest.

That's one of the best diagrams of LST I've seen, thanks again. :peace:

J

Hi Sqwheels :)

Some say that when you have brown leaf tips......your nutes are just right! :high-five:

Hi OMM,

I read that too. That's why I'm not too concerned with them. I found my first amber trics last night :yahoo:

The feeding schedule that came with my Canna nutes says to keep giving them Boost and Cannazym right up to harvest. They got their last N a few days ago.

Hey Astonr,

Sorry, Still stumped. There is a great post in the grow room section under pest problems. It has alot of good info, maybe you can find an answer there. I'd just keep a close eye on them. You probably will find it to be something that just lands eats for a few and then leaves. Especially because you can't find any other evidence webs, nests, and the like.

I'd watch those spiders closely, I know some of them are good spiders. I always leave the daddy longlegs in my outdoor garden because they eat the bad bugs. Also you probably have different bugs where you are...Keep asking, someone out here may know.

:high-five: Keep 'em green

thanks sqwheels, i wish i knew more growers out here, but everybody i know dont want to grow outdoors cus of the risk of pests... i have no issues with battling pests to grow some major weight!!! im just lookin at the big ending and lickin my lips!!! cant wait to show it off!!! lol

Xlr8,

Wow, thanks so much...Great pics and info. I followed 420fied SOG, that is the type I think I want to try next. I thought it was called SCRoG, but I was wrong (again, :) happens frequently) Anyway the smaller the better...and he got great results

I'm really short just over 4' in my chair, and the ww I've been growing is way out of control. over 5' now, and spread to completely fill that 4'x5' room. I can hardly turn them around in there now. I'm so glad they are almost ready to harvest.

That's one of the best diagrams of LST I've seen, thanks again. :peace:

J

It took me quite a while to get a grasp of the different plant training methods and what they were called. We've all been there (learning) and I'm glad the information helped. For the longest time I didn't know a SOG from SCROG, etc. I did follow that LST example once, and it worked brilliantly. It's a very non-stressful way to train your plant and keep it's height under control. I'd love to do a SOG grow like 420fied's someday, too. Can't wait to see you give it a try. I think you are doing a great job so far. I think it's amazing what you are able to do from your chair. :adore: 5' tall - that's a lanky lady you're growing! :)

SOG sounds like a great way for you to grow and still be able to reach things the way you want.

It took me quite a while to get a grasp of the different plant training methods and what they were called. We've all been there (learning) and I'm glad the information helped. For the longest time I didn't know a SOG from SCROG, etc. I did follow that LST example once, and it worked brilliantly. It's a very non-stressful way to train your plant and keep it's height under control. I'd love to do a SOG grow like 420fied's someday, too. Can't wait to see you give it a try. I think you are doing a great job so far. I think it's amazing what you are able to do from your chair. :adore: 5' tall - that's a lanky lady you're growing! :)

SOG sounds like a great way for you to grow and still be able to reach things the way you want.

Hi Xlr8,

Ya, you long time growers all talk in code... I'm just learning, Like OMM said to me "the more you grow, the more you know".

I'll have to rethink my room setup for a SOG grow but it would probably be much easier for me to handle.

I'm so used to the chair now that I can scarcely remember life before, but occasionly it takes a little extra planning to make sure things are user friendly for me. Like my current setup, my plants are sitting in 12"x12" rolling carts w/ 3" casters on the bottom, that way I can easily spin them around, pull them close to me or out of the closet altogether, and readjust them. I just can't lift them anymore. If they were much smaller I could.

I'll be revisiting 420fied journal many times in the near future for reference. I could only be so lucky and get half his results. :)

:peace:

Hi Yall,

Ok, I'm in checking the girls and I'm a little worried about the brown leaves. I've recently rediscovered the thread on Pest and Problems, take a look at these, could it be a nute lockout issue? And at this late stage, what should I do?

RSCN0211.JPG

RSCN0210.JPG

RSCN0212.JPG

RSCN0215.JPG

RSCN0214.JPG

RSCN0216.JPG

RSCN0217.JPG

Until a couple weeks ago I was using a bottle/beaker, color chart type pH testing method, and everyone was saying I should get a digital tester so I could be more accurate...So I did. I've been pretty consistantly using pH of 6.0, My feeding chart from Canna says to keep it between 5.8 - 6.2. and because the tester I have is +/- .2 I've been trying to get it right at 6.0.

I've also recently found a chart that shows how a plant uptakes it nutes and at what pH. My old method was more inaccurate, but I'm thinking that may have helped my plants somewhat. Now they look weird, brown leaves, turned downward and curling.

Do you use a little different pH at different stages of growth? Is there a chart somewhere that details this?

Today I watered...1 gal 1/2 strength, 5ml cannazym, 7ml boost. Along with a gal of plain water, both pHed to 5.8. I overwatered just little bit in wwA, the run off was 4.9. Is this good?

Any ideas or comments on this are appreciated.

Thanks for all your help :peace:

Since your using a soil less mix, I would follow the chart you have.
How close are they to finishing? If your close...then the leaves are eating themselves and that's normal. I'm betting xlr8 can tell you more. :)

Yoo whoo xlr8, we need your in put! :high-five:

Hi OMM,

They are really close I think. Maybe 10 days-2 wks. I've stopped giving them nutes for the most part. Just a little today and maybe once more. The trics are about 30% amber now.

Hi OMM,

They are really close I think. Maybe 10 days-2 wks. I've stopped giving them nutes for the most part. Just a little today and maybe once more. The trics are about 30% amber now.

Cool! Sounds like your in the zone now. If they are 30% amber you could harvest now. I would do a quick dry sample now. If it's what you like, then chop now. Sounds like your in that one week window for a perfect chop. :cheer:
:party:

wheels the run off is to low u want it between 5.5 and 6.3 5.8 6 is optimal id flushem and get the ph up :bong:

Hi SS,

??flush them?? with higher pHed water? I've been adjusting to 6.0...I thought that was optimal. My regular tap water is between 7.6-8.0. Should I just use tap water for the next couple of waterings?

Or do you mean flush, like run water thru them continuously and suck up the overflow? That's going to be much harder for me.

I think I could probably cut these in a few days, trics are about 30% amber now and super sticky. But the buds don't seem very tight. Maybe that's good tho...the temp and hum have been out of control.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. :high-five:

Hi SS,

??flush them?? with higher pHed water? I've been adjusting to 6.0...I thought that was optimal. My regular tap water is between 7.6-8.0. Should I just use tap water for the next couple of waterings?

Or do you mean flush, like run water thru them continuously and suck up the overflow? That's going to be much harder for me.

I think I could probably cut these in a few days, trics are about 30% amber now and super sticky. But the buds don't seem very tight. Maybe that's good tho...the temp and hum have been out of control.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. :high-five:

I don't think SS understands your situation. It would be nice to flush them before harvest, but you don't have to. I never do. I personally would chop soon. :high-five:

from the sound of things she hasnt flushed at all bet theres all kinda salt build up

Hi Social Smoker. I wasn't disputing what you said at all. Sqwheels is confined to a wheel chair and she works around that as best she can. One brave lady who is learning fast. I think she is addicted to growing already! :)

Back
Top Bottom