Sqwheels' Garden - Bonsai Style

re: Sqwheels' Garden - Bonsai Style

the girls look beautiful for next run, have you had any bbg yet? whatcha think? my new fave is blue dream omg holy crap its good!!:high-five:

Hi bid,

The girls for next run are getting so big already...wow. Update soon. I got to try a bud of the bbg that I gave away, but no, I haven't had any of my own yet...she's going into flower this w/e. I can't wait.

Blue Dream is your new fav? I haven't found anything I like more than Wonder Woman yet...she beats them all hands down so far. Taste, high, easy to grow, very flexible...I just love this little plant.

Sq

Hi Folks :ciao:

It's been almost 2 weeks...time for an update. The vegging girls are doing good.
OG #18 has stretched so much I moved her into the big room...She was out growing the other two twice as fast
DSCN40001.JPG

just 2 days later under the 400w mh...I can't hardly believe my eyes. Amazing!
DSCN40151.JPG

Power Skunk
DSCN40011.JPG

I can't get over the tripe branch thing...her top/clone still looks like this too.
DSCN40121.JPG

Bubblicious
DSCN40061.JPG

Power Skunk top...clipped 3/3 and put into a cup of tap water, topped off every couple of days to keep those bottom nodes submerged
DSCN4022.JPG

16 days later...obviously they've been growing for a while
DSCN40241.JPG

Wonder Woman...I think this was clipped a few days later, around 3/7
DSCN40251.JPG

The Bubblicious top fell out of the cup,
not sure how, within 24 hrs and died. The OG#18 top doesn't have enough roots yet to plant so it's still in a cup, I just planted the Power Skunk top... I'll flower these tops to make sure they are female and veg out the plants for the next flower run (visa/versa for the OG) along with my loved Wonder Woman

So...I defoliated and clipped and bunch from the girls in to big room and will flip to 12/12 this w/e. This is before clipping. Blueberry Gum - back left, 2 Wonder Woman - back right and front left, OG#18 front right
DSCN40071.JPG

clippings ... 14" dish
DSCN40201.JPG

Lights came on as I'm doing this update...so last minute photos. From the looks of things this morning maybe I should have clipped a little more, these girls are gonna be big...Bbg front left
DSCN40281.JPG

wow look at OG#18...she's at least 15" tall now, unfortunately her nodes are about 2" apart (must be sativa dom) so her yield will be small...I hope she's good
:tokin:
DSCN40261.JPG

DSCN40271.JPG

must bend...now the two lower branches and the secondary branch sites will get more light...she's gonna be way taller than the others
DSCN4031.JPG

that's better...for now
DSCN40292.JPG

that's it ... thanks for looking

:green_heart:

Sq

looking good as usual:thumb:
hows the percentage on cloning in a cup of water?
i heard it works just like some other things you do that with but i just dont know the success rate on that method
if you could enlighten me on that i would be thankful for the info
thanks in advance:thanks:

Looking great Sqwheels! +REPS!

I'm anxious to hear your smoke report on the OG #18. I have one of those seeds waiting in the wings. I love the Power Skunk buds, but my PS has the same wide node distance as your OG, so it's not a great producer for me, but I've still been growing it since the meds are so good! :yummy:

looking good as usual:thumb:
hows the percentage on cloning in a cup of water?
i heard it works just like some other things you do that with but i just dont know the success rate on that method
if you could enlighten me on that i would be thankful for the info
thanks in advance:thanks:
Hey Cronic,

I've been cloning like this for a long time now...keep in mind I don't do large production and I am not on a time schedule that needs these ready in a certain number of days. Having said that my success rate is high. If you don't count the ones that have fallen out of the cup, I think this has happened 3 times now, not sure how, maybe the fan... I think only 2 clippings just refused to root, a White Rhino that I gave up on after a month, changing out the water a couple of times and 1 other I can't remember the name of just now. I've only cloned about 8 different strains, maybe 30-40 individual clones now, but they almost always get roots within a couple weeks. I do all the other stuff...I clip from a mom that's dry after a water only feeding (if you don't get this let me know) I clip at 45 degrees, remove any leaves that need it, although I have skipped it I usually trim/scrape the edge of the stem with a blade to expose *fresh flesh*, boy...say that 3 times fast, and put into water. I do all of this as quick as possible so they don't get air lock in their stem.

If some/all of this doesn't make sense let me know I'll try to clarify ... also I have posted a pic tutorial of my process in my journals somewhere ??? sorry not sure which one now, but I could find it, or just do it again.

Really it's that simple...just like your mom/grandma would have done to any houseplant...it works with mj too. I put them into the veg room under cfl's using glr, away from direct light. Works almost every time.

Hope this helps

Sq

Looking great Sqwheels! +REPS!

I'm anxious to hear your smoke report on the OG #18. I have one of those seeds waiting in the wings. I love the Power Skunk buds, but my PS has the same wide node distance as your OG, so it's not a great producer for me, but I've still been growing it since the meds are so good! :yummy:

Hey Mr. K,

:thanks: that's really nice of you to say and thank you for the reps

OG#18 along with 2 WW and 1 Blueberry Gum went lights out tonight, will go 12/12 on Saturday. The Power Skunk top will go in after a few days...I just planted it a couple days ago and want it to get comfortable. dang...I'm just now realizing I should have put it into a bigger pot, what was I thinking?

My PS has really tight nodes on her, so does the Bubblicious...both have nodes less than 1/2" apart. If you noticed in my update they are only about 6" tall and the OG is every bit of 15" all planted at the same time.

I'll be sure to post a smoke report when they finish

Thanks for looking in on me.

Sq

Hi OMM,

:thanks: it's the nutes...gotta love Corey and his BPN.

That's funny...I don't think they actually "jump" out of their cups, but more fall out. I clipped the stem too short maybe, and the fan blows them out? I'm really not sure but it's happened a couple of times now. It's good I usually cut more than one

Sq

Hi bid,

"Shazam" I've always loved that word...thanks for the nice words, I try to be a good mom!

on the clones...yep it's tap water, I don't change it exactly...I just top off so the nodes will stay wet. Unless it takes so long that the water looks/smells funny. I left one so long the bottom of the cup had a little green film on it. I don't use anything but tap water...no hormones of any kind. My success rate has been pretty good so far. I try to clip from a plant that has dried out after a water only feed (no recent nutes, I don't know if this matters) I clip, scrape the stem, and stick it in water...then --- wait, sometimes for a couple weeks, depending on the strain. Some take longer than others, I've got the top from OG#18 in there right now...it's been almost a month, I'm considering the trash can for that one. Not only am I tired of waiting, I don't think I'll grow it again...too tall.

I'll see if I can find my old post on cloning in cups with tap water.

Sq

Hi LEDRF

:thanks: I give the credit to Blue Planet Nutrients.

Sq

Hi bid,

"Shazam" I've always loved that word...thanks for the nice words, I try to be a good mom!

on the clones...yep it's tap water, I don't change it exactly...I just top off so the nodes will stay wet. Unless it takes so long that the water looks/smells funny. I left one so long the bottom of the cup had a little green film on it. I don't use anything but tap water...no hormones of any kind. My success rate has been pretty good so far. I try to clip from a plant that has dried out after a water only feed (no recent nutes, I don't know if this matters) I clip, scrape the stem, and stick it in water...then --- wait, sometimes for a couple weeks, depending on the strain. Some take longer than others, I've got the top from OG#18 in there right now...it's been almost a month, I'm considering the trash can for that one. Not only am I tired of waiting, I don't think I'll grow it again...too tall.

I'll see if I can find my old post on cloning in cups with tap water.

Sq
i though t thats how you did it, i like knowing we can do that if we are out of all the other supplies,i like my rapid root plugs, they make them root fast (as fast as 4 days 7-10 avg)and vigorously,, but being able to use your method w/tap water & a cup is awesome i did it last year but i think i dipped them in root powder

Hi bid,

KISS...I like to keep it simple...and cheap! I don't have big production with clients or anything...its just me. No need for a lot of extra stuff

Sq

Hi Folks :ciao:

It's been a month almost...so sorry for the long absence. Lots has happened both in the grow room and me personally...First the grow

a little over a month ago I flipped to 12/12 ... here we have Blueberry Gum (back left) OG#18 (front right) and 2 Wonder Woman
DSCN4052.JPG

and a couple days ago... same configuration with the addition of the Power Skunk top in the very front right corner
DSCN41132.JPG

They appear to be doing nicely even tho I've been a bit neglectful. My pH meter took a dump a couple weeks back and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. Although it still calibrates...consistently to 1.0 high.

A few close ups, this is Wonder Woman
DSCN4093.JPG

DSCN4094.JPG

Blueberry Gum
DSCN41001.JPG

DSCN40991.JPG

Power Skunk - Sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate :) turn your head
DSCN41061.JPG

Still putting out in three's per node...weird
DSCN41081.JPG

OG#18 - poor focus, trying to show my supercrop. She grew really long and had to be bent hard and tied...just 4 arms in all
DSCN41021.JPG

DSCN41031.JPG

Vegglings

Bubblicious, Power Skunk and 2 little Wonder Woman
DSCN41141.JPG

Bubblicious is showing signs of flowers...this is a first for me with GLR. Until now I've not had any issues with early flowers
DSCN41151.JPG

DSCN41182.JPG

Power Skunk

DSCN41201.JPG

three's...
DSCN41221.JPG

Today while watering I decided to do a Lizzy on these two girls and chopped about 1/2 the plant away on both. It'll be a few weeks before I can flip these to flower and I'm sure they'll recover...hopefully Bubblicious will chill. If it continues I'll flip to 24/0 for a while.

On a personal note... after weeks of feeling like crap and a headache from hell for over a month straight, last Monday, I finally got the Dr to send me for an MRI... a call and a couple hours later and I'm back in for CT scan too. Long story short...it's cancer. Not sure about the kind yet...going for a biopsy tomorrow and will know more after that. I'll be starting radiation next week sometime. Not sure how all this is going to make me feel so updates may be sparse...but the garden will grow and hopefully, with treatment the cancer will not.

On the up side...Dr gave me a pill that has helped my headache a little. I'll try to get around and visit soon.

:green_heart:

Sq

Hi My Lady Buddy. Much love girl! :love:

Your plants look wonderful! :cheer:

Just do what the Doctor tells you. I beat cancer more than once, so can you. Stay positive and keep growing your lovely ladies.

If you have to have radiation treatments, hang in there they will make you very slow and tired. They may even stop some times to let you recover.

Give your man a big hug....I know this is causing him to feel helpless.

I'm sending good cancer killing vibes, My Friend.

:love:

Sqwheels, sorry that I couldn't hit the like button above.....the plants are all looking great. I'm so sorry to hear the news. Like OMM says, hang tough, you will beat it. Try to enjoy the spring time weather. More positive vibrations coming your way.

Hi OMM,

thanks...they look good, just a few issues.

Ya, I didn't survive being shot twice to die of cancer. It's gonna suck... treatment, and all, but I have great family and friends...lots of support. The Drs all seem on top of it. Radiation treatments, 10 in all, start next week. Once a day. Chemo after. That's the plan anyway. One day at a time.

I know your track record with cancer...I'm inspired !

Thanks for the good vibes...much appreciated my friend.

:circle-of-love:

Sq

Hey OG

Thanks...the Blueberry Gum is real red looking and nice and smelly

I hear ya... I'm hanging, gonna do what they tell me. Thanks for the Good Vibes.

Ya...spring! OMG It's been great here for days now... I'm loving it.

Sq

Sqwheels, add my thoughts & prayers to the list! I'm sorry you have to deal with it, but am sure you'll pull through...after all, you've got some great med's there! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom