Sqwheels' 2nd Grow - White Widow - Soil-Less Mix 2011

Astonr,

I've considered that, but I have no voluntary trunk muscles (T2 paraplegic)therefore no balance, can't hold a stem with one hand and lean in to trim with the other...I just find it easier to pinch them between my fingers. I have thought that I might be spreading pollen around though, so I wipe my fingers frequently. I'm new to growing mj and as a result, just kinda wingin' it. :yahoo: :yahoo:

hi sqwheels nice grow...bummer about the hermies....:bong:

Ya, bummer. Whacked out environment :oops: Oh well, live (grow) and learn. I don't think it'll be a total loss or anything. I'll get some good meds, and maybe a few seeds.

We'll see. :rollit:

Hi Sqwheels - A tip: One thing you can do is use a damp paper towel between your fingers to pinch them off - or just get your fingers slightly damp. The moisture would help to limit the spreading of the pollen when you pinch off the sacks.

Astonr,

I've considered that, but I have no voluntary trunk muscles (T2 paraplegic)therefore no balance, can't hold a stem with one hand and lean in to trim with the other...I just find it easier to pinch them between my fingers. I have thought that I might be spreading pollen around though, so I wipe my fingers frequently. I'm new to growing mj and as a result, just kinda wingin' it. :yahoo: :yahoo:

oh ok i got ya!!! well do what you can do right??? lol well at least you clean your hands after!! i would too!!!

:peacetwo:

Astonr,

Damn Girl.....your the one that should be falling...not me! :thumb:

Hi Xlr8,

Good idea, :idea: I didn't think of that. Thanks

Hey OMM,

I do my best to stay in this chair, it's a bitch to fall out. :laughtwo: But I've had lots of practice... 25 yrs now.

How did Jo's appt. go? Hope she at least got some answers, not just more tests. Please give her my best wishes. And of course you too.:high-five:

Hi Xlr8,

Hey OMM,

I do my best to stay in this chair, it's a bitch to fall out. :laughtwo: But I've had lots of practice... 25 yrs now.

How did Jo's appt. go? Hope she at least got some answers, not just more tests. Please give her my best wishes. And of course you too.:high-five:

25 Frigging years! Oh! My!
:yikes::yikes:
Your a brave woman. You have guts. You have all my respect. :thumb:

People never cease to amaze me. I have a friend who lives on a table like contraption. He called me the other day. He's here on vacation! I'll see him this weekend. :)
A big Hug to you girl! :ganjamon:
I answered you in my journal about Jo. :peace:

25 Frigging years! Oh! My!
:yikes::yikes:
Your a brave woman. You have guts. You have all my respect. :thumb:

People never cease to amaze me. I have a friend who lives on a table like contraption. He called me the other day. He's here on vacation! I'll see him this weekend. :)
A big Hug to you girl! :ganjamon:
I answered you in my journal about Jo. :peace:

Hey OMM,

Nothing amazing about it, life goes on, with or without you. I just try to keep up. I do a good job...No complaints :grinjoint:

Been catchin' up in my subs...Wow, you sound better.

Table like contraption? You'll have to find out how he got that thing to HI and let me know...It's a place I've always wanted to visit/live... well up until I read your post awhile back about the water..haha..

I read your update about Jo...sooo glad to hear it. She sounds tough, I like her.

This is a youtube video about Herm plants and making seeds from them... the feminized seed theory

check this out if you want to learn a little more about hermie!!! the guy soounds boring, but i found it useful!!!

Astonr,

The youtube video...Very interesting info. I'm almost hoping I'll get a few seeds out of this. What a way to experiment.

Got any ideas on how long pollen is viable?

now i am going to have to go looking that question up!!! lol i will get back to you on that unless somebody else finds the answer on that before me!!! yea i found the info useful as well!!! it almost makes me not care about getting them now, i mean if you think about it, it is almost average of $10 a seed now a days, so if you can get your own like this and 95% be females!!! i do not mind!!! i've also heard of people getting the pollen from their hermed plant and sprinkling the pollen like a ziplock bag and then setting one, only 1, of the tops in the bag for a few minutes, and shaking the nug in the bag to pollinate only that one nug, i think i might try this out whenever i get pollen!!!

Sqwheels and OMM, I have an uncle who is always on his back on the floor. In the past 20 or so years I have only seen him stand twice, and once was at my cousins wedding for about 60 seconds. If he ever needs to go anywhere..he has a station wagon with all the back seats pulled out and a big wood board put down in there for him to lay on so someone can drive him. I wish he would smoke cannabis, it might help him. Its a rough life.

Anyways, Pollen can be harvested and stored in your freezer for many months! Simple place the pollen in a zip lock or similar bag. Once you want to use it to make seeds on a female, just pull the bag out, defrost it, and CAREFULLY place it over the female limb you want to pollinate and then wrap the end of the bag up carefully and tape a GOOD seal so no pollen escapes where you dont want it. Then shake it or even leave it there for a few days. Then carefully remove it. I THINK some people might leave it there even longer, not sure. You could also get a small paintbrush or cue tip and dip it in the bag and spread it on the female parts where you want seeds.

OR you can do what I choose to do sometimes or when im making my own crosses. Just take the best Female and a good looking male and put them up under a simple light in a different tent, or outdoors or something. That will give you plenty of seeds to use for quite a while. And if you ever mess up your grow from heat or whatever you will have a huge stock of seeds as back ups.

-Rek

Astronr, Rekles,

I have read all of that info...thanks for the response. I knew about the freezer and the paintbrush method of pollinating. I've been reading like a mad woman for weeks...actually ever since I found this site I've been reading something here every spare minute I have in the day

:thanks: 420Mag Members, I can't begin to name all the people I've lurked, just trying to learn what I'm doing. Sorry I can't forget all the Staff, they are a great bunch of people too. :bravo:

I'm sorry I should have been more specific...I meant in the open, in my grow room. I've so far found 3 of those little pollen sacks open, only one had pollen, I'm thinking the others poofed their pollen out into the room, and then spread everywhere by the fan I have blowing right on them. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting seeds with this grow.

What I need to know is how long the pollen may hang around...Live...or active.. or whatever you call it. I've also read that I should clean with bleach water. Does that really work?

sqwheels ive read in several threads that plants that hermie are unstable genetics hence clones and seeds are also ...

you should watch the video that i posted a little bit ago!!!

Astronr, Rekles,

I have read all of that info...thanks for the response. I knew about the freezer and the paintbrush method of pollinating. I've been reading like a mad woman for weeks...actually ever since I found this site I've been reading something here every spare minute I have in the day

:thanks: 420Mag Members, I can't begin to name all the people I've lurked, just trying to learn what I'm doing. Sorry I can't forget all the Staff, they are a great bunch of people too. :bravo:

I'm sorry I should have been more specific...I meant in the open, in my grow room. I've so far found 3 of those little pollen sacks open, only one had pollen, I'm thinking the others poofed their pollen out into the room, and then spread everywhere by the fan I have blowing right on them. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting seeds with this grow.

What I need to know is how long the pollen may hang around...Live...or active.. or whatever you call it. I've also read that I should clean with bleach water. Does that really work?

as far as i know cleaning it out with bleach water will clean everything out, fungus, mold, pests... but thats what i have read!!!

Hey OMM,

Nothing amazing about it, life goes on, with or without you. I just try to keep up. I do a good job...No complaints :grinjoint:

Been catchin' up in my subs...Wow, you sound better.

Table like contraption? You'll have to find out how he got that thing to HI and let me know...It's a place I've always wanted to visit/live... well up until I read your post awhile back about the water..haha..

I read your update about Jo...sooo glad to hear it. She sounds tough, I like her.

Hi sqwheels. :high-five:
Once my lady started feeling better.....so did I. She is getting around better each day now. :yahoo:

Not going to comment on the pollen you have plenty of good help on that one.

My friend never called me back, so I didn't see him. The VA paid for everything for him I know that much, he's a retired marine. I know his email was to a disable vet organization. He was running one day and just fell down and was paralyzed from then on. :smokin:

If he does call I will get all the info on his table.

I like your attitude......sh@t happens let's get on with it!

I was just like you, read everything I could find on growing and problems.
You've learned allot just by having a grow. A lot of "I wont do that again". :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom