SSH & Jack The Ripper - Soilless AN Iguana Grow

Latest pics. All 3:

0011764.JPG

The later flowering Mr. Nice plant (I broke the top when I tried to bend it around the fixture to get it in the light but it didn't break enough to fold over, so I tied a rubber wire tie on it a little lower than the break):

0021764.JPG

The Mr. Nice I topped and started into flower earlier:

0031683.JPG

A few Super Silver Haze shots (I like how Haze is in the name but it's not over run by the Haze genetics):

0041591.JPG
0051505.JPG

Today marks 5 weeks and 1 day of 12/12.

:peace:

they look really good :love:

we should be harvesting around the same time. I'm 4 weeks in bloom as of last tuesday, 4/22.

Thanks, b.real. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks of 12/12 for the SSH and last Mr. Nice, and 8 weeks of 12/12 for the first Mr. Nice I put in there. I always subtract 1-1/2 weeks from the first day of 12/12 when I want to know about when they are going to chop, so that would be 4-1/2 and 6-1/2 weeks for them. I'm thinking 9 weeks for all of them, which would get the first one chopped at 2-1/2 weeks from now and the other 2 get chopped at 4-1/2 weeks from now :) My GDP clone and CDDBX3 clone will be getting the chop at the exact time so it's gonna be weed central 'round these parts..... :tokin:

Note: Just like every grow I do, when I get a cola or grouping of nugs bigger around than a toilet paper tube WHAMMO!!!!! Grey mold..... :(
I cut the 2 top branches off of the oldest Mr. Nice tonight because of this. The rest of the plant looks good; I was defoliating when I noticed. My fault. I topped 2 secondary branches and the nugs grew clustered. I might consider adding a fan in the future when I see dense growth like this.
The Super Silver Haze is living up to the ad. It's a bit touchy and hard to grow. I thought I was doing good with it, but I'm seeing the top leaves showing what looks like Ca deficiency. What I think it really is? A plant needs a minimal amount of water towards the end, and I'm giving it too much. I'll let the oldest Mr. Nice in flower go, since it only has a week until chop by the breeder's time. I think I may feed the other Mr. Nice one more time, but I'll let the SSH dry up and see if it needs it. Post pics soon; I'm burning a doob and I'm gonna roll another so I'm lazy at the moment :)

that sucks man. do you have a fan blowing on the plants? if not you need to get one. I would also wipe down your grow area with peroxide.

that sucks man. do you have a fan blowing on the plants? if not you need to get one. I would also wipe down your grow area with peroxide.

I've thought about it twice, but to avoid the electric bill getting any higher I've avoided it. I may switch to GLR in my veg tent and add a fan to 2 of my units; 3 of them have air-cooled reflectors, but only 2 seem to get this problem.

Damn that Mr. Nice that got the bit of mold is no longer a problem. I saw a yellow spot in one of the buds, and after picking 4 nanners from the plant I pulled it from the grow. It only had about a week, so I didn't pull the plug on 'er too soon. On a brighter note I'll have me some dope to smoke sooner than I thought. I'll probably chop it tomorrow.... :(

Well, that plant is officially chopped and I'm down to 2 now; I took a pic of one of the buds to show a banana before I chopped it, so I'll post later. The plant has a nice look to it; I've never done well in growing a plant with similar structure, so I might get me a different type of buzz here. Even though it has a lot of leaves coming out of the buds it seems to trim and manicure somewhat easy. You'll do a lot of it, though. I can see where a good technique type grower would do well with this phenotype. But it would take good selection of buds and branches to be removed and training the rest of the plant evenly under the light. I think it would accomodate that nicely. The buds I took off earlier because I saw grey mold starting have a musky, spicy, and evergreen smell to them. I like it :tokin:

Last 2 standing :) The small plant in the middle is a Chem D breeding project thing I'm doing. The Mr. Nice is on the left, and the SSH is on the right:

0011801.JPG

Mr. Nice:

0021796.JPG

SSH (I took a small clone of it a while back, and just the other day I took it out of the mother's pot and put it under 18/6. If it doesn't look good in a few days I'll take a branch from the plant and clone. I have a feeling I'm going to like this pheno):

0031721.JPG

4 days later:

0011808.JPG

Here's a nug close-up:

0031727.JPG

Two Mr. Nice nugs:

0041626.JPG
0051542.JPG

I smoked a few buds off the prematurely chopped Mr. Nice and it's okay but nothing to dive for a pen to write home about. The fact that it gets me a buzz at all tells me a fully mature plant might have some promise.

Back
Top Bottom