SSH & Jack The Ripper - Soilless AN Iguana Grow

The Super Silver Haze was from back in the day when about all the commercial strains they had to mess with for breeding were NL#5, Skunk#1, and Haze, so it's a cross of those. The Mr. Nice is G13 crossed with Hash Plant, but I don't think it's the original G13 x Hash Plant. I'll pull a leaf when the lights come on later to check the smell of both, b.real but I haven't tasted them yet. :)
I was being really careful with this one, so I'll have to agree with the ad; SSH is a bit touchy and a better grower would do a better job with it.

Sorry it's been so long since a post here. A personal loss to me and it's been a bit heavy on my heart along with other things. Here's an update on this grow. The top cola of the SSH had 2 nugs that bud rotted. There was such a distinct line between the ones that turned pure brown and the surrounding perfectly healthy buds that when I cut it apart (I took the whole cola; it wasn't very big), I was convinced that somehow the 2 nugs broke off at the main stem. Here's a pic of what I didn't toss:

0031739.JPG

The bare spot on the stem is where the 2 nugs were. I'll pic these both tonight because I'll be chopping them in a few days; they both look pretty good (besides the top cola on this one and the yellowing of the Mr. Nice, which has pretty good looking buds on it). Oh by the way b.real, the SSH smells like the herb dill and a weak mint in the background, and the Mr. Nice so far smells earthy, like soil. :straightface:

Super silverz nice... one ov my personal favourites from waaay back in the day, you know its good bud when an 8ball brings a room full of people to their knees in hysterics!

Both chopped today. :) The SSH did a second burst of growth; I know from experience I harvested it too soon. It stopped growth, so I put it in the dark period at the high end of breeder's flowering time (9 weeks). In 3 days it burst out again and looks like it could have went another week or more. Like I said a few times before here, if it won the cup that many times it's worth doing a grouping of. I will do one in the future. This could explain why the top cola I chopped wasn't super potent too (if you see the pic of the remainder of the top, there is some grey mold in between a few of the buds still that I had to cut out). SSH:

0021815.JPG
0051556.JPG
0031745.JPG

Asking too much out of this lens:

0041640.JPG

Here's the Mr. Nice (I think I got the chop time closer to correct on this one):

0061377.JPG
0071299.JPG
0081187.JPG

So far no mold on this nice cola :)

0091061.JPG

I'll post a few dryed bud pics and an unofficial PotChimp smoke report before I close this journal.....

:peace:

Thanks KJC. Here's my unofficial smoke report for Sensi Seeds Mr. Nice (G13 x Hash Plant):

0011834.JPG

Bag Appeal - It's okay; I prefer more frost than hairs myself.
Smell - Unless you grind it up, not much. Ground up, it's Haze with lemon cleaning product.
Taste - Okay, but too much Mg at this point to tell.
Yield - I think moderate, but a better grower would have gotten more.
Buzz - :straightface: Glad I didn't keep a clone. It's not a total waste of grow space, though.

Thanks b.real. The SSH is almost dry enough to smoke so I'll probably be wrapping this journal up soon. They need to breed out a weed plant that takes as long to smoke as it takes to grow. Five months from seed to being dry enough to smoke, 2 more weeks from a full to an empty weed jar.

PotChimp's unofficial smoke report - Mr. Nice's Super Silver Haze

0011835.JPG

Bag Appeal - Same as the Mr. Nice; it's okay but I prefer more frost than hairs.
Smell - Dill.
Taste - The same. Dill.
Yield - I think moderate, but a better grower would have gotten more.
Buzz - This one's worth doing a grouping of to see if there's something more potent in the phenos. I'll plan on doing a 10 plant grow within a year. So I guess I like it even though it's not really as potent as I had hoped for.

Closing another journal out here, and thanks everybody. Gonna go smoke me another one!

Back
Top Bottom