Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Yes! I'm glad you're giving it a go. One step you didn't mention and it's critical is the fermenting stage. Once you pull it out of the sweat and let it dry, it goes back in the sweat box at 77-85 degrees for 1-2 weeks. After that you enter the cure phase which we aren't worrying about the temps, just seal em back up and put away. This is when you'll take weekly tester pieces but I can tell ya you may just want to leave them sealed for 4 weeks before trying. There is a marked change at 4 weeks. They are still fun to try before then but don't get discouraged if it isn't what you expected before then.

Welcome to the cob club.....we need an emoji for cobbing.

Yes! I'm glad you're giving it a go. One step you didn't mention and it's critical is the fermenting stage. Once you pull it out of the sweat and let it dry, it goes back in the sweat box at 77-85 degrees for 1-2 weeks.

Re-vacuum pack for the 1-2 weeks fermenting stage, correct?

I was reading a little bit about it over and SweetSue's thread, I'm very interested to see how this fermenting project goes.

Yes! I'm glad you're giving it a go. One step you didn't mention and it's critical is the fermenting stage. Once you pull it out of the sweat and let it dry, it goes back in the sweat box at 77-85 degrees for 1-2 weeks. After that you enter the cure phase which we aren't worrying about the temps, just seal em back up and put away. This is when you'll take weekly tester pieces but I can tell ya you may just want to leave them sealed for 4 weeks before trying. There is a marked change at 4 weeks. They are still fun to try before then but don't get discouraged if it isn't what you expected before then.

Welcome to the cob club.....we need an emoji for cobbing.
Yes I do remember that phase. LOL, i was kind of medicated and it was getting close to 2am after a long day so thats my story and I am sticking to it! LOL But thank you for bringing it up (in case anyone was going to try it).

Sometimes I have patience, other times.....ummm.....not so much. Not sure if I will be able to let it go without touching it LOL.

Morning Stanks... Eh hmmm this is always a strange and uncomfortable feeling to talk to a neighbor about, BUT, Your Grass Is Getting Kinda tall.... Just thought I would mention that..... LMAO Looking good up in here .... Green Days all
:rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::adore::adore::bravo::thumb::welldone:

Morning Stanks... Eh hmmm this is always a strange and uncomfortable feeling to talk to a neighbor about, BUT, Your Grass Is Getting Kinda tall.... Just thought I would mention that..... LMAO Looking good up in here .... Green Days all
Thats to keep the nosey looky lues away! Tired of them trying to peak in!

Woah!! Cool stuff, I’m watching this Cobb thing closely...very interesting.

It’s always so fun to read the comments! LOL
I am excited to try it! I figure with enough buds, why not try it right! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Figured its about time to post some weights on the Stankberry. They aren't final but they are close enough that I will post what I have now. Good news is that its a new personal best. The light is incredible....I don't really have any larfy stuff. I did have some smaller buds at the base that were a little larfy but they were so few. The light has been a complete game changer for me.

The main colas both weighed 90 grams the night I cut em down. Last night, 5 days into the drying....they were down to just under 40 grams.

Total weights, including the 1.5 ounces we put into the cob last night, are sitting just over 180 grams. I can take that. Not bad for a plant in a 5 gallon pot and vegged for only 40 days. I am guessing I will end up with 160 grams or 5.7 ounces. Bad news is there wasn't much trim from her for oil.

Here she was before I put her into paper bags last night.

For a bit of size perspective, that green saucer is 15.5 inches across. Overall, very pleased with the initial harvest off our maiden grow of one of our own strains in our perpetual grow!

I will say that this harvest has made me look at that Northern Lights and wonder what those numbers are going to be in that big ass 15 gallon pot. Any one care to venture any guesses. I am going out on a limb with her size and aggressive growth and say that I think we have an outside shot at a pound off that single plant. I knew when she was in the 2 gallon pot she was something special from a growth perspective but this light has me considering some really good numbers with her. Will all depend on how much I can get her to stretch.

Nice haul on the Stankberry Van. Might have to take some buddage to make a little oil. What a shame that you didn't end up with any popcorn buds. I feel for ya. Lol
That was the amazing thing to me man......those bottom buds were 4 feet from the light and still decently solid! Not sure I will make oil out of this strain though. I want to give some indica oil a shot and see if it will help me sleep a bit better. I can't ever seem to slow my brain down. Its always going a million different directions on things to try and compare with growing or training techniques, breeding ideas, marketing ideas, DIY ideas, and a million other things. Getting it to shut off is tougher and tougher every day I fall further under the spell of growing this amazing plant.

Let’s go with 1 pound +
PFFFFTTT

.... LOL and MMFAO.... Nice one Penny...

.... Not as much as I thought it would be, but I can only imagine if it was mine.... Awwewwweeee the dreams I could have and :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::theband::theband::yahoo::yahoo::theband::welldone::welldone::welldone::drool::drool::drool::drool:Sorry was daydreamin.... LOL... Good Stuff Van, and da MS... Green days all... Ps... When or I guess how long did it take for you to get your comparison seeds and etc...

haven't gotten them yet Hacker! Should be soon I suspect.

And I know a pound might sound far fetched but I am telling you its a possibility with that plant. If I get a decent stretch, I think I can come real real close. She is exploding with growth since I up potted her and flipped a couple days later.

We looked at the light and filter in the tent and we think we can move things around with the filter and gain another 2-3 inches of height on the light if necessary. If I have to move the light, I think we will get our pound. The size of the branches is what's amazing to me. There is no way these big ass branches are going to pop small buds under this light. This is gonna happen I think!

The size of the branches is what's amazing to me.

.... Me too.... Shows the future there... I think it needs a little more Veg time as well.... Just a thought, any way....

..... I would be interested in giving those a try someday... Maybe you can at least give me a heads up on the parents ISH.... I can see two at least, probably three... If I could talk my boss into it, I could make you famous or at least the Stankberry... We gonna fill some openings soon... Maybe as early as August... Food for thought.... Green Days to you guys... and all

Yeah no more veg time for that girl. She is on day 5 or 6 of flower. No room in my veg tent anymore She outgrew that before I even up potted her. She's gonna move fast though. Once she throws some hairs, those buds are going come strong and fast.

Back
Top Bottom