Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Northern Lights Veg Day 41

She is quickly becoming a favorite plant of mine. She is growing so nice and healthy and has great structure for what I am doing with her. Didn't I say she was going to be a beast.....well she is well on her way. This will be the last pics of her before a do a massive round of toppings on her. She has 10 mains which will all be topped for 20 mains and then she also 4 additional shoots coming off the top 2 mains for at least 24 tops. I will be doing the topping and defoliation on her either tonight or tomorrow.

She is enjoying spreading her roots in the 10 gallon pot, but man that thing is freaking heavy when I water her.....but its looking like its paying off on how big she is getting. Hopefully that will translate to yield.

Nice stank!! Gotta love girls that smell nice Whats the water bottle zip tie to the post for?
In my previous grows, I used scrogs. Well with my bad back, watering the girls in the scrog was a royal pain in the ass....so I used irrigation hoses and created watering rings to make it easy. Pour 32 ounces of water in each bottle and by the time I got done filling up the 5th plant, the 1st bottle would be empty again. So I could water 5 plants, 1 gallon each, in about 10-15 minutes.....without bending over.

Who is the NL breeder? She's purty!
She is from Sensi Seeds. I will take clones from her and make some S1 fems. Also have a couple ideas for some crosses. I have been very impressed with her and the Blue Dream. Love the way both of them are growing.

In my previous grows, I used scrogs. Well with my bad back, watering the girls in the scrog was a royal pain in the ass....so I used irrigation hoses and created watering rings to make it easy. Pour 32 ounces of water in each bottle and by the time I got done filling up the 5th plant, the 1st bottle would be empty again. So I could water 5 plants, 1 gallon each, in about 10-15 minutes.....without bending over.

That is a great idea....always innovating, especially to prevent pain.

She is from Sensi Seeds. I will take clones from her and make some S1 fems. Also have a couple ideas for some crosses. I have been very impressed with her and the Blue Dream. Love the way both of them are growing.

Ok, question. Why S instead of F. Is there a reasoning behind the letter when breeding? I'm asking to be knowledgeable, and not sound stupid when I start.....

Ok, question. Why S instead of F. Is there a reasoning behind the letter when breeding? I'm asking to be knowledgeable, and not sound stupid when I start.....

Thanks brother. The watering contraptions work great as long as you don't run ACT or anything with silica in it. The hoses kind of clog up if you run those things through it and it can take a long time to water. Lessons learned and the 2nd grow with SCROG went great. I made a different tool for watering with ACT or any water with Silica and that did the trick.

As far as the S1 convention, its generally used to identify the seeds as Selfed made seeds, 1st generation. If I grew out one of those S1 seeds and then made additional feminized seeds from that one, it would then be S2s.

Ethos genetics talks about this as well as the "R" type on his IG account. I was at work and only glanced at it, but he is willing to talk /debate anything intelligent regarding this and breeding.

He also says he uses selected females to make his seeds and does not search for the right male. The thinking is why, when I have females that are proven. Like I said, I didn't get back to read it in depth but I should.

Hmmmm....not sure I would take that approach on selecting a male. Seems a bit short sighted to dismiss where 50% of your genetics comes from.

I think its much more difficult to figure out what you are looking for in the male.

Our plan, is to seek a couple different potential male plants and cross them individually with the prospective mothers and then take out 20 or so seeds from each pairing and grow them out. The results will show you what sort of genetics the male is bringing to the table and how they come together with the female side of the genetics. Always tough to determine what sort of Dominant and recessive genes males bring to the table.

Wait, that's not the expression!

And I think that 24+ tops on the NL in that size pot will definitely translate to yield! Make some room. :thumb:
I was wondering if someone was going to catch that LOL!

I am torn Shed....I really am. The NL is absolutely gorgeous with her 10 mains and 4 minors. But I have to keep her in the Veg tent until I harvest something else (or I decide to keep the Jack in the veg tent from here on out. So to do that for at least 5 more weeks, I have top her and try to keep her lower. I have my work cut out for me for sure.

Now I know I am very guilty of trying to work my time table into my plants and it doesn't always work out as I intended (such is life in a perpetual grow dealing with all different strains) but I do have the back up plant of keeping the Jack downstairs in the veg tent and moving the NL upstairs when she is too big.

That Blue Dream is still my girl. What's not to like about her? Perfect
OH I love her for sure! But that NL is making a play at my heart. She has shocked me at how well she is growing.

The structure of my male Stankberry is so similar to the Blue Dream. Those two will go well together. Stanks Dream is born.

I was wondering if someone was going to catch that LOL!

I am torn Shed....I really am. The NL is absolutely gorgeous with her 10 mains and 4 minors. But I have to keep her in the Veg tent until I harvest something else (or I decide to keep the Jack in the veg tent from here on out. So to do that for at least 5 more weeks, I have top her and try to keep her lower. I have my work cut out for me for sure.

Now I know I am very guilty of trying to work my time table into my plants and it doesn't always work out as I intended (such is life in a perpetual grow dealing with all different strains) but I do have the back up plant of keeping the Jack downstairs in the veg tent and moving the NL upstairs when she is too big.

If you're bringing the NL upstairs make sure you do it when it's dry and no one from the workman's comp board is watching ;). And I'm sure the JH would love the veg lighting schedule!

Thanks brother. The watering contraptions work great as long as you don't run ACT or anything with silica in it. The hoses kind of clog up if you run those things through it and it can take a long time to water. Lessons learned and the 2nd grow with SCROG went great. I made a different tool for watering with ACT or any water with Silica and that did the trick.

As far as the S1 convention, its generally used to identify the seeds as Selfed made seeds, 1st generation. If I grew out one of those S1 seeds and then made additional feminized seeds from that one, it would then be S2s.

Ethos genetics talks about this as well as the "R" type on his IG account. I was at work and only glanced at it, but he is willing to talk /debate anything intelligent regarding this and breeding.

He also says he uses selected females to make his seeds and does not search for the right male. The thinking is why, when I have females that are proven. Like I said, I didn't get back to read it in depth but I should.

Thanks, guys for touching on the nomenclature of the naming of the generational seeds.:thanks:

I don't have an IG account so I doubt I'll make one. I may try to see if I can read it without making one. Not interested in keeping up with more than one forum.

If you're bringing the NL upstairs make sure you do it when it's dry and no one from the workman's comp board is watching ;). And I'm sure the JH would love the veg lighting schedule!
Ya know, its interesting you brought up the Jack. I have been talking with Ms Stank about her. She has been a generally unhappy looking plant her entire grow. She had the leaf variegation early on and slow growth. Then she exploded and has gotten big but she just hasn't ever looked happy.

By happy I mean perky leaves.....praying to the lights. She has literally drooped the entire grow. Not one single time since she really started to grow has she looked happy. Perhaps happy is overrated since she grew big, but damn it I like my ladies to be pretty and happy looking and she just isn't!

So we are keeping her in the veg tent today under the lower powered little LED strip light. I swear since keeping her there since last night at 10pm, I see her leaves perking up. Having said that.....is it even possible for a plant to have too much light? Do autos not like light the same way photos do?

Man, she is just one fickle plant. If anyone out there reading this has any experiences similar, please post. I just want to make her happy AND have a killer yield. I will throw her ass under the bright one again if that's what is best....but I am just running a little experiment for now to see how she reacts.

Well I am going to give her today and tomorrow in the Veg tent just to see how she seems to like it. When I move her directly under the Dwarf Star in the Veg tent, she looks like she does upstairs under the Spydrx Plus. She doesn't seem real happy being under her directly....so maybe she will like indirect light with the lower powered strip over her head. After that she is going back in the Flower tent for 12 hours a day and then I will bring her back down for 6 hours of side lighting (at least until the White Widow get big.

I am going to give her just plain water tomorrow or the next day with no ACT and see how she likes that.

Back
Top Bottom