Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

The wind left Michigan this morning. It was pretty fierce. I had on old tree break off at the ground. It just missed my roof but it took my fence gate out. We were luck though, no power outage. Good luck east coast!
Lots of branches down here in western Mass, going to have a lot of clean up when the snow melts, no power loss yet, but it's not thru with us yet.

All the crap that swing through here

I'll finally see 70+ deg on Wednesday

Finally
Spring is around the corner here to

Can’t wait for beer and deck season .

Hey all.....been a busy week here. Started the harvest of the hindu last yesterday....though it was more of the prep.

I am trying something new with this plant and perhaps a couple going forward. I am plucking all the fans and big sugar leaves off (for some bubble hash) so that all I will be doing for the cutting portion is to snip the branches, dip it in bud wash and hang dry for 2-3 days before I trim anything I left that I don't like.

The idea behind this is it allows me to work on a standing target which I find easier on my back and neck (no constant looking down). It allows me to work on a plant a little bit here and there for a couple days before a harvests so that when I am actually ready to take it down, all I am literally going to do is snip the branch and give it a bath. I find it easier when I elevate the plant as well....so that the main part of the plant is close to eye level. Its all about reducing discomfort of harvests in the neck and back area for me now.

I don't do a lot of trim on buds if I am aggressive with fan leaf and big sugar leaf plucking. I also find plucking them is faster and easier (especially on my eyes cause I miss the leaf stem most of the time if I am trying to cut it) than cutting them scissors or fiskars. I can pluck 10-12 of them in a minute and not worry about cutting any buds off the stems.

I have the Hindu almost ready to be chopped. Will get a few pics of her as well as several of the other girls. We are getting close to starting the run of harvests on the 5 girls over the next 2 weeks. After the Hindu, we will likely start on the Tangie Ghost Train or African Meltdown.

I flipped their replacements in the last couple days. We moved the former Northern Lights mom into the flower tent 4 days ago and we moved the big BCP girl in there 3 days ago. That opened up needed space in the veg tent for our big DTF girl that I have been working on and training out. She was definitely happy to get in there with more room. Will try to get a few pictures of her this weekend. She is really turning out as nice as I could have hoped for. We are going big with her. Since I am keeping her so low and flat, I am considering stepping up to a 25 gallon pot for her. Very excited with how she is coming along and I don't normally get this amped up over how a plant is coming along. Cheers everyone! Heading down into the office for some pics and to water the wenches!

Ok so this post leads me to ask the question of everyone..

wet trim or dry trim?

when I was involved with growers they always cut and hung whole.... one would take the fan leaves, one wouldn’t... but they always waited till they were hanging dry to do a final trim and jar.

just wondering if anyone’s experimented with results/differences.

wet trim or dry trim?

when I was involved with growers they always cut and hung whole.... one would take the fan leaves, one wouldn’t... but they always waited till they were hanging dry to do a final trim and jar.

Pluck fans then trim wet but haven't tried dry.

wet trim or dry trim?

Wet trim for me. Dry trimming is a pain!!!!
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom