Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Cool, I’m going off of a book I picked up and I briefly emailed back and forth with the author. According to him the 2nd and 3rd harvest will be much bigger, so I’m following his instructions to the tee and hoping for the best. I think your suspicions on amendments and/or nutes is probably spot on. Also, your plants are looking great, nice job.
I certainly can see the 2nd and 3rd harvest being bigger if you do it right. Next time I do it....I will amend the soil sufficiently. I still stand by the light trick....I didn't run into most of the issues I have heard others talk about with a typical reveg.

Whats shakin brother.....haven't seen you in a while. What have you been up to?
Eh you know doing the thing.. Moved to an organic grow farm a little more north, they do PermaCulture veggies, and of course Cannabis.. LOL.. I am focusing on the latter and taking online Botany courses to fill in an already full day.. I have a moderate sized green house that is a transformed back porch. You should check it out man, I am hoping it will be the right place to stay for a while. It has a " camp ground " on site, but has electricity, and water etc. I am hoping on building a " tiny house " on this beautiful little site on grounds. The greenhouse is gonna be insulated and turned into perpetual grow, and I am working on that right now.. Should be a good spot to start some Stankin ass gear... LMAO U KNNNOOOOOWWWWWWWW... Green day bro, check out my new spot when you get a minute....

I certainly can see the 2nd and 3rd harvest being bigger if you do it right. Next time I do it....I will amend the soil sufficiently. I still stand by the light trick....I didn't run into most of the issues I have heard others talk about with a typical reveg.
The plant I am going to regen is 3 phenos in the same pot and it looks like one could afford to go much longer than the others, like 2 weeks maybe. I kind of want to attempt your logic on that plant by chopping the other two, reintroduce veg base/ 24/0 lighting (per the book)... and let the third go another week/ two. Im just a bit nervous it’s really going to kill the ripeness and trying to determine if the safer play is just harvest a little early. She’s been the slow girl of the lot but the flowers are really starting to look pretty killer.

Any thoughts/ opinions?

Nothing like a 12-14 week flowering sativa, huh... or as Sensi says on their website, “average flowering time.”

Wuuuut? Very cool so same plant reveg? This wouldn't transfer to reveging clones would it? Anyway, I thought I was just growing better maybe it was just the reveg!??

Wuuuut? Very cool so same plant reveg? This wouldn't transfer to reveging clones would it? Anyway, I thought I was just growing better maybe it was just the reveg!??
Yeah I was a bit afraid of what would happen if I found a killer plant that I didn't clone and wanted to keep around. Decided to experiment with the Hawaiian we harvested back in December.....threw her back under 18/6 for the last 10 days of her life and chopped her (all but about 5-7 small nugs down lower.

Shortly after the harvest...it started throwing new growth. A few days later....the monster cropping appeared and shoots shot out of everywhere. I toyed with taking a cutting off it after it started growing normal....but I decided I wanted to see what the same plant would do. I will take some pics of it and post an update today ( along with the big DTF and Afghani girl)

The plant I am going to regen is 3 phenos in the same pot and it looks like one could afford to go much longer than the others, like 2 weeks maybe. I kind of want to attempt your logic on that plant by chopping the other two, reintroduce veg base/ 24/0 lighting (per the book)... and let the third go another week/ two. Im just a bit nervous it’s really going to kill the ripeness and trying to determine if the safer play is just harvest a little early. She’s been the slow girl of the lot but the flowers are really starting to look pretty killer.

Any thoughts/ opinions?

Nothing like a 12-14 week flowering sativa, huh... or as Sensi says on their website, “average flowering time.”
I think what you have is a perfect chance to experiment. If it was me in your situation....I would harvest the first two under 12/12 and stick the multipot back under 18/6 or 24/0 so the last one can start the reveg while its still whole. It will allow you to see a comparison on how switching it the last 10-14 days actually changes the results.

I would just watch the ripeness so it doesn't go too amber on ya.

As far as flowering times.....they don't mean anything to me. 8 weeks or 12....its just time and space management for me. Long flowering sativas don't bother me in a bigger space....I just throw it in a corner and forget about it. Not to mention I have found that breeder flower times are just ploys to sell strains faster. They are rarely if ever accurate. I rarely have a strain finish before 70 days anymore.

Hey Shed and Co. The DTF is looking good brother. When are you going to top her?

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sorry for the silence lately....spring is just really busy here in Stankville with all the work we need to do here with spring finally here and needing to start the outdoor garden.

Got the BCP chopped last week and she is in the fridge doing the slow and low drying thing. We still have a couple weeks left on the Hawaiian reveg so we are entering a lull period for harvests (Thankfully).

Did a couple more up pottings last night. We up pot the Killer A5 Haze up potted from the half gallon pot into a 2 gallon pot (transition pot...she will finish in a 10 gallon) and we up pot the Sour Angel from her half gallon pot into her final 5 gallon pot. Sour Angel is from In-House Genetics courtesy of Beez and the Killer A5 Haze is from Ace Seeds courtesy of Neiko. Will try and get pics of them all at some point soon.

Sounds like you've been pretty busy! The DTF is only about 7" tall so I was going to let it get to 12" before I look at training it.
Yeah buddy....busy really is an understatement. Spent the weekend learning beekeeping from a friend out of town. Won't be able to get hives this year, but hopefully next year we can have electric fences up to protect the hives from roaming bears.

We have been trying to get the outdoor garden in order but I have fighting two tillers that don't want to start.... :hmmmm::rolleyes:. Need to get that situation rectified soon because I have about 40 tomato plants that are going to need to be transplanted real soon (now that spring finally got here).

Really need to get my ass in gear with the firewood for this year as well. Need to get it cut and drying. I knew Spring was going to be busy...but lots of landscaping stuff I didn't expect seems to be dominating the time (when rain breaks have allowed it).

Good news is I am starting to have a back yard again! The seed is growing so there is a little green out back now. So tired of looking at that dirt! Time to go move the sprinkler! Cheers brother!

Didn't someone in the JHa thread have tiller problems? Was it Fert? Can't remember now but I'm sure there was a whole conversation about it that made no sense to me!
Jeez....I can't remember. Nothing is striking a cord with me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Fert though!

two tillers that don't want to start.... :hmmmm:

Don't use champion spark plugs
NGK for the win. Biggest issue I've had with small gas engines, hell and my old boat that was a straight 4cyld

Back
Top Bottom