Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Well I would go light with some things like seabird guano (1-2 teaspoons max to start with since I don't know your soil's contents). Start light and see how they react....then go up from there. Every strain reacts different. My african meldowns don't like any top dressings with guano in flower, would fry the leaves. Other strains I can throw the kitchen sink at it and they don't bat an eye (Northern Lights). But again, I always urge to start light and see. If they are going to throw a hissy fit, they will let you know early and you know your upper limit. If there is no Hissy fit, your subsequent top dressings can go up a bit more the next time.....always easier to add more, but you can't ever take it out once you put it in!
Great base to start experimenting with. I'll wait for next grow to alter the flow of the book's style. Watching this is fun for now. Thanks Van.
While we're here, the plant with your soil is doing so well I don't have words to describe. One characteristic of the leaves is they are getting shiny. They're beautiful to look at. There's lots of light blasting it and I can't/won't turn it down as it doesn't look like it's bothering them otherwise. Do all your plants shine?

Great base to start experimenting with. I'll wait for next grow to alter the flow of the book's style. Watching this is fun for now. Thanks Van.
While we're here, the plant with your soil is doing so well I don't have words to describe. One characteristic of the leaves is they are getting shiny. They're beautiful to look at. There's lots of light blasting it and I can't/won't turn it down as it doesn't look like it's bothering them otherwise. Do all your plants shine?
Most of them do and thats courtesy of the higher brix levels than most soils or other grow mediums will give you. I really push lots of minerals and controlling the Ca:Mg ratios. Its still a work in progress and I am trying to improve it. The higher brix levels also help attribute to better flavors. I have said it many times, if I didn't grow in my own homemade soil....I would probably be growing in Docs HiBrix blend....you can't beat the flavor.

Cheers brother....hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend. I am getting ready to fire up the smoker and do a couple rack of babyback ribs today!

Most of them do and thats courtesy of the higher brix levels than most soils or other grow mediums will give you. I really push lots of minerals and controlling the Ca:Mg ratios. Its still a work in progress and I am trying to improve it. The higher brix levels also help attribute to better flavors. I have said it many times, if I didn't grow in my own homemade soil....I would probably be growing in Docs HiBrix blend....you can't beat the flavor.

Cheers brother....hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend. I am getting ready to fire up the smoker and do a couple rack of babyback ribs today!
Talk about the brix levels. I don't know if it's related but this morning when I was taking leaves I noticed how succulent the stems were. I took one and bent it and it squirted me in the eye. That's a little true comic relief but these plants are so much more healthy than many of my past grows. The juicy stems are part of it.
I'll bet you smoke a nasty good rack! We're having burgers and dogs here celebrating my 64th bday. Tomorrow it's a visit to my daughters for a brisket. We'll see how the hopefully future son in law does. It's going to be a meet the other parents day. Nice.
I haven't gotten the texture of the unfrozen butt out of my mind yet from our lunch. Let the ribs do that! :high-five:

I'd show u my mexi marinated chicken, two pieces, and the roasted corn, one piece, from today for some salsa and stuffs

But, ya, someone ate it

MVIMG_20190526_063426.jpg

Kids

Dutch Shepherds RULE!!!!

LOL

Hell yeah I used to have two growing up as a kid I member getting them an I even named mine Dutch :laugh: he was so dam cute jus alil brindle fluff ball wen he was younger. He was awesome he had two white eyes so he looked freaking kool.

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is doing well. Been busy as always here on the Stank homefront. Big time work being done in the outdoor garden. Was never able to get the tiller to start so we have been tilling the garden via Stankpower and a mattox. Not an easy tool to use for large areas, thats for sure! It weighs about 10 pounds total, maybe a bit more.

Got a lot of stuff done, with Ms Stanks help of course. Got initial crop of beans and peas in the ground, along with all the cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and peppers. Still have a lot more area to till up and work the compost into.

I haven't transplanted any of the tomato plants yet, gonna give them a few more days before I transplant.

Today I am going to go till up the plot for the taters, onions, and beets. Maybe the sunflowers as well if the back and shoulders hold up to it. Garden soil is severely neglected and needs a lot of work. This years compost won't do much to help. Need to work a lot of organic matter and some peat into it over the next couple seasons. Next year we will convert the area more to raised beds within the garden and I will start on the soil after this season. Gotta get my hands on a lot of cedar board!

Back
Top Bottom