Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Malted barley might take back those 3-5 days from what I've read here on other journals

I agree...

Stank how big IS your tent? I think you're gonna need the whole space here in another week or 3. The #1 is gonna be crazy.

I don't have enough room for a light mover so I move my plants around with a big fan. lol

I like that Mayan Gold weed. Thats good puff puff right there.

Rolling stool and rolling plants. Shit I'm messing up. Crawling around on my hands and sore knees and lifting heavy ass pots. Whats wrong with me. lol

I agree...

Stank how big IS your tent? I think you're gonna need the whole space here in another week or 3. The #1 is gonna be crazy.

I don't have enough room for a light mover so I move my plants around with a big fan. lol

I like that Mayan Gold weed. Thats good puff puff right there.

Rolling stool and rolling plants. Shit I'm messing up. Crawling around on my hands and sore knees and lifting heavy ass pots. Whats wrong with me. lol
It's 10'x10'.......well 10'7"x10'7". And it is 84" tall. The veg tent is a 5'x5' and the seedling/clone tent is 2'x4'

DTF #1 Flip Day 5

Was doing updates on a few other plants tonight and had to snap a few of her as she is starting to stretch. Definitely think I am going to get the canopy of colas I was hoping for with her. I will need to stay on top of leaf plucking during the stretch. The leaves are getting big and covering up colas right below.

Not sure when she will need another watering. She took 4 gallons with no runoff last time I watered and that was after 9 or 10 days from her previous watering. I am guessing I will be able to get about the same with this cycle but I am gonna be keeping an eye out for any wilting. I rotate her dolly 90 degrees counter clockwise every day to keep the plant from growing towards the moving light. I will be moving her into the middle position towards the middle of flowering.

What a beauty buddy .

That is some sexy ness there stank :adore:

using the reveg trick I tried with her...
...that I'm sure someone might want to know how to do:
There is a trick to revegging that speeds the reveg up. You have to have vegging roots in order to have vegging growth. So the last 10 days to two weeks of flower, you start running her under 18-6 again. You want to signal to the roots that there is change and you do that with light change. As soon as you start to see any sort of funky growth, harvest your girl but make sure to leave 5-7 small nuggets down low with some fan leaves around it. If you are feeding bottled nutes, start introducing veg nutes back into your girl as soon as you harvest. She will reveg much faster this way supposedly.

I can tell you that doing those things for me (minus the feeding part as I am in LOS) made her start throwing new growth very quickly. She's still a mess, but moving much faster than if I wouldn't have done the light switch early on a week or so before harvesting.

Just remember, it all boils down to roots.......even in revegging. You need new root growth to reveg a plant. Get the root growing before you see the shoots growing and you will be golden!

...that I'm sure someone might want to know how to do:
I have shared it a few times....not sure where....but I can certainly re-state the trick

The key to revegging most strain starts with understanding the roots. Most strains stop growing roots after the stretch when they really start building the buds. In order to reveg a plant, you need to get the roots to start growing again. You do this by switching the lighting. So about 10 days before you intend to harvest a plant you should switch that plant back to an 18-6 lighting schedule. It generally takes 10-14 days (very similar to cloning) for the roots to transition back to vegging roots.

So you move the plant or plants back to 18-6 and 10 days go by.......time to chop the plant. Take 95% of the buds off the plant or plants. Leave 5-7 small nugs with a few leaves on it and continue to reveg under 18-6 until you start to see the new growth appear. If by some weird chance you see any growth before you harvest, that should be your signal to harvest it.

If you are a nute grower I would imagine you would need to switch back to mild veg nutes....but with soil I don't deal with any of that.

The key is to start the 18-6 lighting before you go chopping. Also helps not to let the plant completely die....so if you have any intention of revegging a plant, I recommend chopping a bit on the early side to help bring her back into vegging.

Has anybody noticed the flowers were different after a reveg? I only ask ,because this question was asked to Breeder Steve in an interview, and he said that yes, with some genetics the plant will come back different, but most the same. I have never tried reveg, but also saw were some people do huge pheno hunts and reveg the winners. Seems easier than keeping tons of clones for months doomed for culling. Could be a very useful tool in that instance.

I haven't really noticed yet.....but this is my first reveg. I think part of it for me is that I am growing it in the same pot of soil that it was originally grown out in. I have only top dressed a few times during the reveg process. I am sure that effects it to a certain degree. I am curious how the smoke will be. I hear many people talk about how a plant will lose vigor during the reveg process, but this one seems pretty similar except for the cola size (smaller this time around) to the first cycle.

I just wanted to have the process as a tool to save genetics I want to keep around but didn't plan for.

White Rhino Flip Day 1

We have a new plant to kick things off today. This is a White Rhino clone I got from @stoneotter back in March. We just up potted it from the half gallon pot into a 4 gallon pot. She got a few days in the new pot before getting flipped.

She is a really strong and stout girl. Don't think we will need much in the way of support on her during flower (assuming she doesn't stretch terribly). She was very smelly in veg and I am kind of curious if she will maintain that degree of smelliness. These aren't the best pics, but I will try and get some better ones in a few days. Cheers! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Grand Daddy Purp #3 Flip Day 1

We flipped the first of the three GDP plants yesterday. None of them have shown their sex definitively yet despite them being 80+ days old. Never had plants be so stubborn to take this long showing their naughty bits. I am 90% sure this one will be a lady, but we will definitely keep an eye on it.

This one is the one we left untopped. Its always nice to see them grown naturally every once in a while even though it kills the yield.

Its a very healthy looking plant and I love the natural shape.

Ya

All 4 of my last ones where stubborn as hell on showing sex

For sure thought 2 where female but all ended up male

Damn breeder seeds

Lol

White Rhino Flip Day 1

We have a new plant to kick things off today. This is a White Rhino clone I got from @stoneotter back in March. We just up potted it from the half gallon pot into a 4 gallon pot. She got a few days in the new pot before getting flipped.

She is a really strong and stout girl. Don't think we will need much in the way of support on her during flower (assuming she doesn't stretch terribly). She was very smelly in veg and I am kind of curious if she will maintain that degree of smelliness. These aren't the best pics, but I will try and get some better ones in a few days. Cheers! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

You grew her beautiful brother! Her mother was low in the stretching department for me, And stinky too all through. Good growing

Grand Daddy Purp #3 Flip Day 1

We flipped the first of the three GDP plants yesterday. None of them have shown their sex definitively yet despite them being 80+ days old. Never had plants be so stubborn to take this long showing their naughty bits. I am 90% sure this one will be a lady, but we will definitely keep an eye on it.

This one is the one we left untopped. Its always nice to see them grown naturally every once in a while even though it kills the yield.

Its a very healthy looking plant and I love the natural shape.

Beauty of a GDP Van

I have shared it a few times....not sure where....but I can certainly re-state the trick

The key to revegging most strain starts with understanding the roots. Most strains stop growing roots after the stretch when they really start building the buds. In order to reveg a plant, you need to get the roots to start growing again. You do this by switching the lighting. So about 10 days before you intend to harvest a plant you should switch that plant back to an 18-6 lighting schedule. It generally takes 10-14 days (very similar to cloning) for the roots to transition back to vegging roots.

So you move the plant or plants back to 18-6 and 10 days go by.......time to chop the plant. Take 95% of the buds off the plant or plants. Leave 5-7 small nugs with a few leaves on it and continue to reveg under 18-6 until you start to see the new growth appear. If by some weird chance you see any growth before you harvest, that should be your signal to harvest it.

If you are a nute grower I would imagine you would need to switch back to mild veg nutes....but with soil I don't deal with any of that.

The key is to start the 18-6 lighting before you go chopping. Also helps not to let the plant completely die....so if you have any intention of revegging a plant, I recommend chopping a bit on the early side to help bring her back into vegging.
This is interesting. I am planning on doing this is T-minus, well idk, but less than 2 weeks. Im not planning on doing it this way, but the fact you’ve been successful with it has me intrigued. We’re on the same page with everything except lighting... hmmm what to do.

Your regenerated plant is bigger, yes?

It turned out a bigger plant....but the yield will likely be less.

I kept the same original 'frame' of the plant from the first time I grew it out. All the new growth just expanded her size. I think if I would have either up potted her or amended the soil better between the harvest and reveg, I might have had a better yield.

In my mind, I think my soil was lacking a bit of the 'N' that it usually has. I didn't get as much stretch as I normally get....which negatively impacted the yield. I still think I will end with 4 or 5 zips off her. I got just under 10 zips off her the first time....so 14 ounces from a plant in an 8 gallon pot ain't bad.

It was more about learning the process and documenting my lessons learned off of the evolution.

It turned out a bigger plant....but the yield will likely be less.

I kept the same original 'frame' of the plant from the first time I grew it out. All the new growth just expanded her size. I think if I would have either up potted her or amended the soil better between the harvest and reveg, I might have had a better yield.

In my mind, I think my soil was lacking a bit of the 'N' that it usually has. I didn't get as much stretch as I normally get....which negatively impacted the yield. I still think I will end with 4 or 5 zips off her. I got just under 10 zips off her the first time....so 14 ounces from a plant in an 8 gallon pot ain't bad.

It was more about learning the process and documenting my lessons learned off of the evolution.
Cool, I’m going off of a book I picked up and I briefly emailed back and forth with the author. According to him the 2nd and 3rd harvest will be much bigger, so I’m following his instructions to the tee and hoping for the best. I think your suspicions on amendments and/or nutes is probably spot on. Also, your plants are looking great, nice job.

Back
Top Bottom