Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

It was a tough go this time around. First it took the Chemdawg plant forever to reverse, and then of course the branch died early. I'll get some seeds out of the deal but I had hoped to get enough to share with a couple friends. I'm especially hopeful that the Royal Gorilla plant will produce at least a handful of mature seeds as I think that will be a nice cross.
I’ve heard Chems don’t like to be cloned I think . Think I heard they are tough to work with I general too bud . Hang in there hopefully next one is better bud .

Actually, the Chemdawg strain I have clones beautifully and quickly. She was however slow to reverse and make pollen sacks.
But weren’t the original chemdawg Strains come from Clones only ?

I don’t know what I’m talking about then !

My bad must have been mistaken .

I don't pretend to have a clue when it comes to seeds, strains, and clones. I got my Chemdawg as a gift in clone form. I was told it came from Humboldt Seed Organization so I thought perhaps in seed form, but again I could easily be mistaken about that. I can only speak of my dealings with what I have here and that was a clone. Cuttings off of her take (depending upon temperature) anywhere from 7-10 days if kept warmer and around 2 weeks if kept cooler.

I don't pretend to have a clue when it comes to seeds, strains, and clones. I got my Chemdawg as a gift in clone form. I was told it came from Humboldt Seed Organization so I thought perhaps in seed form, but again I could easily be mistaken about that. I can only speak of my dealings with what I have here and that was a clone. Cuttings off of her take (depending upon temperature) anywhere from 7-10 days if kept warmer and around 2 weeks if kept cooler.
[/QUOTE

How did she turn out bud ?

I really do love chemdawg a lot man

I have only grew an auto once and it made me fall in love as prob a top best smoke I’ve had and even now it’s up there with a few others now but love me some chemdawg.

I honestly just remember someone on 420 here talking about it some time ago and then I was like hey let’s try to be smart here lol

Dude I barely get that glory lol

Heard she can be finicky strain!

:passitleft:

The Chemdawg buds are dried and now in mason jars. I'll burp them as necessary and give them a 4 week cure and then sample a couple buds. It was a decent yielding plant with the top buds nice and dense. Below the canopy the buds were more fluffy but very well covered with crystals.

As far as growing her I wouldn't call her finicky. About half way through flowering she let me know loud and clear that she wanted more cal-mag and she wanted it NOW. Once I upped that she was fine through harvest.

Hey guys

Busy busy busy here on the home front. Ms Stank took the week off to help do some work this week here at the house. Been continuing the work on the wood shed as well as a lot of spring cleanup and clearing of the land. The previous owners were an older couple and they let the landscaping slip a little bit the last few years and we have to catch up on it. We have cleared and cut a lot of trees and HOLY SHIT....the wild grape vines! Damn things have grown 50+ feet up into the tree canopy and they are bitch to clear correctly. Its literally like playing tug of war with a tree! We have a rainy day today so I am giving the back a break which its very thankful for.

We got the two Stankberry plants harvested this week and the ATF is scheduled to come down today (Day 81....right on average). When we pull it down tonight, we will be moving the big DTF girl into the tent in her place and flip. That gives her 15 days in the new pot before being flipped....so the roots should just about have filled the 25 gallon pot by now. We are also coming to an end on the Northern Lights girl in flower......she should be taken within the next 7 days so it will just be a case of squeezing her into the schedule.

The Hawaiian reveg is going very well. I am amazed at how big she got so quickly. I didn't take any clones off her yet, but I am going to experiment with taking a cutting post 30 days in flower. That will be the latest I have taken a clone in flower.

The BCP is flowering out very well and smells amazing. I am going to try and get some pictures of her tonight.

We also started all our tomato plants for outdoors (40 plants, 12 varieties) and are waiting for them to germinate. Gotta get the peppers and other seedlings going. Its busy busy busy around here, and likely only going to get busier for the next month or so. Hopefully I will get to take a break and take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow.

Hey guys

Busy busy busy here on the home front. Ms Stank took the week off to help do some work this week here at the house. Been continuing the work on the wood shed as well as a lot of spring cleanup and clearing of the land. The previous owners were an older couple and they let the landscaping slip a little bit the last few years and we have to catch up on it. We have cleared and cut a lot of trees and HOLY SHIT....the wild grape vines! Damn things have grown 50+ feet up into the tree canopy and they are bitch to clear correctly. Its literally like playing tug of war with a tree! We have a rainy day today so I am giving the back a break which its very thankful for.

We got the two Stankberry plants harvested this week and the ATF is scheduled to come down today (Day 81....right on average). When we pull it down tonight, we will be moving the big DTF girl into the tent in her place and flip. That gives her 15 days in the new pot before being flipped....so the roots should just about have filled the 25 gallon pot by now. We are also coming to an end on the Northern Lights girl in flower......she should be taken within the next 7 days so it will just be a case of squeezing her into the schedule.

The Hawaiian reveg is going very well. I am amazed at how big she got so quickly. I didn't take any clones off her yet, but I am going to experiment with taking a cutting post 30 days in flower. That will be the latest I have taken a clone in flower.

The BCP is flowering out very well and smells amazing. I am going to try and get some pictures of her tonight.

We also started all our tomato plants for outdoors (40 plants, 12 varieties) and are waiting for them to germinate. Gotta get the peppers and other seedlings going. Its busy busy busy around here, and likely only going to get busier for the next month or so. Hopefully I will get to take a break and take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow.

Gratz for your harvest :passitleft:

I'll join you in two weeks :lot-o-toke:

Uncover the grapevines back to the crown and chop it in half there. Spray it good with roundup and within a month the vine will come out of the tree without much effort.

I was told it came from Humboldt Seed Organization so I thought perhaps in seed form, b

Humboldt got a clone and made seeds from what I know.

My first and only Chemdawg I ran was 1 seed of regs (I didnt have room for more) she turned into a purple monster stinking up the neighborhood. I still have the other 9 Reg seeds.

I cloned the shit out of her. Never got the really big whole plant purps on the clones tho. The flowers in the can were all bright green and silver.

I just finished 91 Star. It's a goodie.

I have a clone. woot:passitleft:

I just finished 91 Star. It's a goodie.

No smell at all. Same high and same look to the flowers. Just no stink and I'm good with that.

JJ didn't call it Chemdawg - I think that's fair and proper.

I have a clone. woot:passitleft:

Tree wrestling.... Stank did you win?

Standard asshole disclaimer

Some of those vines actually are helping the tree transport nutrients to the canopy. They eventually will create a mini ecosystem in the canopy. Plants and trees cannot move nutrients up from the roots after say 50-60 feet with their vascular system. Gravity eventually wins. Look for a "witches broom" + "canopy"

DSC00606a.jpg

The Ivy attach to the tree bark. Eventually the roots (not called roots I forget) attach to the tree and help the tree translocate nutrients to the canopy. Thats where most of the new growth is on the tree so they need all the help they can get.

Trees enlist helpers of many sort even StankBerry yeah u right. :passitleft:

We have English ivy growing up one of our very large 80' tall sycamore <spit> trees.

She is way more healthy than all the other sycamores around us without the vines.

Healthy canopy is good when straight line winds. <where's the go bag?>

DTF #2 Flip Day 23

Up frst is our stress tested girl who has blossomed into and incredibly sexy little thing! I am loving the stacking that is showing up on this girl. The nodes are stacking tightly and should show a nice spiral cola. She has turned into one of the healthiest looking plants I have grown to date.

She is currently in a 7 gallon pot and should be getting another gallon of rain water tomorrow. She is also due for one of the top dressings we give in flower. That top dressing contains EWC, ground kelp meal, basalt, glacial rock dust, and seabird guano. We like to add that right after the stretch finishes and she starts stacking hard. We find that usually happens between the 20-30 day range for most strains....with indicas being closer to 20 days and sativas being closer to 30 days.

Here she was when we finished the stress testing......

And here she is now.......

DTF #1 Flip Day 1

Show time is finally here. Took a long time and I gotta say this plant was a true testament of my patience but I am incredibly pleased with what we have in this girl. We up potted her 19 days ago. I only planned on giving her 10-14 days to get adjusted to the 25 gallon pot but it took a bit longer than that to see the growth from her I was looking for. I finally started seeing what I wanted about 2-3 days ago.

We did a full flower tent clean up yesterday before flipping her. I hate having a messy or dirty tent and she was due for a good cleanup. She is a little further away from the light than I would like but I don't have anything big enough to set it on so I guess its just gonna have to make do! We are hoping for similar type of stretch that we got from the DTF #2. If we can get 8-10 inches of colas on this girl, its going to make for a very impressive site. I count a shit ton of tops on her! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom