Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Damn I can't believe I did not make it until page 6! That plant you just transplanted is a monster. As far as the outdoor grow goes you should use as big of a pot as you possibly can. So a 30 gallon pot should be decent. I will be along for this ride as well bud!

I let my GDP go because I could never keep it happy all the way through flower. I love the smoke though and would try again someday. I think that was the trickiest strain I've run. I'd think I'd finally got her figured out and the next week she'd yellow out. I just finally replaced her with something else. Now I'm looking for a heavy grape tasting strain.
I have really been eyeing the Grape Pupil from MMS. It is supposed to be similar to the Star Pupil but more vigorous and with a grape scent/ flavor as opposed to the typical pupil funk.

Try bluemats - put like 6 large feeders around the circle.

Cool thing is - once you flip you only have say 70-80 days till chop. Lopper size is gonna be important! lol

I'm not sure if the bluemats mentioned above are the same ones that where at the cannabis expo in Cape Town this past weekend but they were one of the busiest stalls cause of their hands free approach.

DTF #1 Up Potting Veg Day 168

We finally got the beast uppotted today. She went into the 25 gallon pot and there are a couple pics that show the pots side by side for comparison. We didn't a big enough saucer for the pot but Ms Stank remembered we had a run off tray we got from Vex so we tried it out and it works perfect.

We up potted it into soil that was right at the 30 day cooking mark. Had a VERY VERY strong earthy organic smell to it. Probably could have used another couple weeks but we don't have that....gotta get the show on the road.

Had a heck of a time getting her tied back down and spread the way I wanted her. We are going to give her a couple days to recover and the tops become more pronounced and we will do some cutting and bending.

Had to wait for Ms Stank to get home to help me move her into the tent. She's on a 4 wheel dolly for ease of movement and watering. (HINT: Watering is much easier on big plants if you can spin em!) Took a couple pics of her in the 5'x5' tent so you can her under some blurple. This will be the last update on her until we flip her. Cheers!

This one's going to be super fun Van. GOING TO BE well it is super! Good growing this beauty.

Gonna just sneak in back here and watch. Seems like you have quite the hand for this. Should be a great show. I’m especially curious to watch your Sensi afghani. I have one running right now and she’s a little bush. Just waiting for a little tent space and away she goes. Mine is in dwc as that’s what I’ve been running for a long time. Making the slow switch back over to soil using docs kit.
CD638875-4F99-4236-9128-28B4C7A42B09.png

This hasn’t been trained or cut on yet at all. Just short and bushy. I love Sensi strains. They never seem to disappoint me. Always huge yields of great product. :passitleft:

Gonna just sneak in back here and watch. Seems like you have quite the hand for this. Should be a great show. I’m especially curious to watch your Sensi afghani. I have one running right now and she’s a little bush. Just waiting for a little tent space and away she goes. Mine is in dwc as that’s what I’ve been running for a long time. Making the slow switch back over to soil using docs kit.
CD638875-4F99-4236-9128-28B4C7A42B09.png

This hasn’t been trained or cut on yet at all. Just short and bushy. I love Sensi strains. They never seem to disappoint me. Always huge yields of great product. :passitleft:
Hey FLFarmer, welcome to our little slice of soil heaven here. Pull up a chair, grab a jar of buds and have fun. Snacks and beer are in the fridge! Cheers!

Hey all.....hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a busy weekend/few days. Spring is finally here so we have been outdoors working most of the available free time.

We started clearing undergrowth an small trees in an area to start building the wood shed. Also started gathering lots and lots of rocks for some landscaping projects. One thing we don't have a shortage of up in New England is granite rocks.

Been clearing and raking lots of leaves. Got the compost pile set up and established to start working for next years outdoor garden. Speaking of that, we have been clearing all the stuff out of the 1800 square foot garden space. Lots and lots of work to do on the home front. Probably been over doing it on the back but its gotta be done.

Gonna dig the first hole for wood shed's footers. Gonna do it smart....just dig one whole a day and by Friday I will be pouring footers without killing myself.

We also cleared out the flower beds and worked the soil a bit for the perennials and annuals this year. Hopefully the landscaping will be completed from where they did the work on the septic system right before we moved in. Sure would be nice to have a yard and not a mud pit.

Updates are in the work as far the plants go....but we have been so beat from the work outside I just haven't gotten to them. Should have a few at some point today or tomorrow.

Harvests will begin soon too. Will be bringing down the 1st of the Stankberry plants this week, perhaps both of them, followed by the ATF next week more likely. Fun and busy times! Cheers!

Nice......always loved my garden in WA this time of year
Hell I got my 1st Matters yesterday here on the surface of the sun
IMG_20190415_153015.jpg

Just take it easy..the mind says YOU CAN DO IT, but the back will tell you tomorrow yer AN IDIOT

LOL

Hey all.....hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a busy weekend/few days. Spring is finally here so we have been outdoors working most of the available free time.

We started clearing undergrowth an small trees in an area to start building the wood shed. Also started gathering lots and lots of rocks for some landscaping projects. One thing we don't have a shortage of up in New England is granite rocks.

Been clearing and raking lots of leaves. Got the compost pile set up and established to start working for next years outdoor garden. Speaking of that, we have been clearing all the stuff out of the 1800 square foot garden space. Lots and lots of work to do on the home front. Probably been over doing it on the back but its gotta be done.

Gonna dig the first hole for wood shed's footers. Gonna do it smart....just dig one whole a day and by Friday I will be pouring footers without killing myself.

We also cleared out the flower beds and worked the soil a bit for the perennials and annuals this year. Hopefully the landscaping will be completed from where they did the work on the septic system right before we moved in. Sure would be nice to have a yard and not a mud pit.

Updates are in the work as far the plants go....but we have been so beat from the work outside I just haven't gotten to them. Should have a few at some point today or tomorrow.

Harvests will begin soon too. Will be bringing down the 1st of the Stankberry plants this week, perhaps both of them, followed by the ATF next week more likely. Fun and busy times! Cheers!

I appreciate the warm welcome!! I was curious about your soil but the first link in your sig isn’t working. Is it your own blend or you in docs gear??

Its my own soil mix. If they ever bring back the old blogs.....that link will work. I designed it to be a water only soil from start to finish. I do run an occasional top dressing if I run them in a pot for a really long time (2+ months in a 2 gallon pot). I have a plant that has been in a 2 gallon pot for over 170 days and I have top dressed a mixture into the top twice up to now. I will end up chopping off about 2.5 feet of that plant and flowering it out after I up pot it.

I don't pH since I generally use rain water that I collect. Just water and go...no more simple than that. I have tweaked my soil towards a higher brix approach with some switching of ratios. I run a high Ca:Mg ratio with lots of minerals in my soil. I have been pushing the mineral amounts up more here in the last few batches of soil.

Yeah that plan got changed yesterday LOL. I was outside laying out the 'footprint' for the posts and I hear a rumbling sound coming up the street. Low and behold it was the company that did the septic system.....coming back to start finishing up the back yard......WOOT WOOT right?

Well.....wasn't expecting them and I had a lot of rocks that I have been gathering (New England has LOTS of rocks in its soil and we are famous for our rock walls up here) for an outdoor firepit/cooking pit. Well those rocks were kind of staged where they needed to work. So I spent about 2 hours moving rocks that required some fairly heavy lifting and lots of squatting and bending. That marked the end of my work day LOL. Hopefully today I will be able to get my one hole dug....maybe two. Weather isn't going to be our friend after today I am afraid. I need sunny days at this point...

GL with the Shed project. Digging footers aint a lot of fun. Take yer time you got this.

On the Bluemats - basically a fancy way to do drip irrigation.

There's a water res ---->tubing--->carrots

They call the device that regulates the water drip a carrot. Kinda looks like one.
Its a German made thing. Takes a week or so to dial them in and regulate the water but with a big ass pot like you're using it'd be easy to water this way.

I guess you have to take your time hand watering?

Bluemats will keep the soil moist all the time.

Spring spring spring - some crazy weather here on the EC this year. Hope it doesn't turn into a shit storm of rain like last year. So far so good.

New England rock walls makes me think of The Shawshank Redemption.
Yeah buddy.....lots and lots of rocks here. I need one of those big wheeled wagons or better yet...a 4 wheeler with a trailer. That would make it a lot easier. I probably moved a ton or more of them today by hand. If I could figure out a way to pound and grind some of them up....I would never have to buy granite rock dust again.

Easy and steady will get ya to the finish line. Take care.

Yeah I try to pace myself but then my stubborn side kicks in. "you can do this....you used to do this stuff and not even break a sweat you punk bitch". Thats usually when I get into trouble. Not sure I did a great job of pacing things today. Almost time to blaze up and make everything alright! :bong:
GL with the Shed project. Digging footers aint a lot of fun. Take yer time you got this.

On the Bluemats - basically a fancy way to do drip irrigation.

There's a water res ---->tubing--->carrots

They call the device that regulates the water drip a carrot. Kinda looks like one.
Its a German made thing. Takes a week or so to dial them in and regulate the water but with a big ass pot like you're using it'd be easy to water this way.

I guess you have to take your time hand watering?

Bluemats will keep the soil moist all the time.

Spring spring spring - some crazy weather here on the EC this year. Hope it doesn't turn into a shit storm of rain like last year. So far so good.

Got two of the footers dug today. Hit all sorts of roots and rocks. Was a pain in the ass down to about 18" then it wasn't too bad. May or may not try to dig the other two this afternoon. We are supposed to get about 4 days of rain coming our way so my window to do anything else after today is small indeed.

Gonna check out the Bluemats I think. I need to get my shit together and do this automatic watering system. That is going to make my life so much easier.

I do maybe an hour to hour and a half physical labor then it better be seat time on the tractor or the zero turn. If I push it I'm f'ed for days with nothing getting done. The things I used to be able to do are now just a memory. I'm on the green side of the turf so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom