Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Grand Daddy Purple Veg Day 51

Starting today's updates with the GDPs. These plants are being stubborn letting me sex them. Usually I can sex a plant by day 30.....but these aren't showing anything. We will break out the scope tonight and take another peek. We still think #1 is a boy and #2 and #3 are girls just off how they are growing....but we will find out soon.

The GDPs will be getting watered with rainwater later today. #1, and #2 are topped while #3 is going to be left alone and grow natural. I will likely up pot the GDP #3 in 2 weeks and flipped to grow naturally. #2 will go a bit longer and will trained out a bit wider and shorter. Gonna keep an eye on #1 and see how he develops. I love how he is growing at this point.

GDP #1 (Likely a male)

GDP #2

GDP #3

Afghani #1 Veg Day 51

Up next is my hot little Afghani girl. Still digging this girl and her structure. She will be getting a drink of rain water today. She's filling the pot with roots based off her drinking. She is down to 4 days between waterings.

Gonna give this girl a chance to veg out a few more weeks before we worry too much about flowering her. No real rush to flip her....gotta clear a few of the plants out of the flower tent before I do anything with her. Very pleased with her at this point.

No I don't use my soil for our veggies. I rely mostly on compost and minerals (glacial rock dust, basalt, azomite) and a good amount of calcium for our veggies. I have a lot of work to do on the outdoor garden. Started our compost pile.....but it won't be ready until next year.

It would be very very pricey to do our soil for the entire outdoor veggie garden.

Grand Daddy Purple Veg Day 51

Starting today's updates with the GDPs. These plants are being stubborn letting me sex them. Usually I can sex a plant by day 30.....but these aren't showing anything. We will break out the scope tonight and take another peek. We still think #1 is a boy and #2 and #3 are girls just off how they are growing....but we will find out soon.

The GDPs will be getting watered with rainwater later today. #1, and #2 are topped while #3 is going to be left alone and grow natural. I will likely up pot the GDP #3 in 2 weeks and flipped to grow naturally. #2 will go a bit longer and will trained out a bit wider and shorter. Gonna keep an eye on #1 and see how he develops. I love how he is growing at this point.

GDP #1 (Likely a male)

GDP #2

GDP #3

Love the GDP, my favorite, will be following to the end, very nice!

Your ladies looking mighty fine.

Love the look of the GDP #3 - kinda sorta if I squint a little, looks like purps to me. In VEG and purps, gonna be a keeper I'm thinking.

That 1 and you think is a male - kinda looks like 1 too. They have a weird smell in VEG - very grassy like fresh cut grass not weed grass, lol.

Where's pics of that big girl in VEG you just up-potted??

You have them in #3 pots?? or smaller? They look perfectly healthy.

Rain in the forecast. I need to get my AC in the flower room fired up now.

Dew points in the 70s at night and rain coming. Well at least it aint 90F ffs. lol

We went from winter to early spring for 4 days, now its turning into early summer.

Your ladies looking mighty fine.

Love the look of the GDP #3 - kinda sorta if I squint a little, looks like purps to me. In VEG and purps, gonna be a keeper I'm thinking.

That 1 and you think is a male - kinda looks like 1 too. They have a weird smell in VEG - very grassy like fresh cut grass not weed grass, lol.

Where's pics of that big girl in VEG you just up-potted??

You have them in #3 pots?? or smaller? They look perfectly healthy.

Rain in the forecast. I need to get my AC in the flower room fired up now.

Dew points in the 70s at night and rain coming. Well at least it aint 90F ffs. lol

We went from winter to early spring for 4 days, now its turning into early summer.

I have to give her a trim either tomorrow or Sunday and then will be flipping her. Thats her next scheduled photo shoot. She loved her last watering and is really looking good. Then its let her go vertical. I am pretty freaking excited man! Lot of hand time went into that girl brother. Lot of patient hand time.

The GDP and the Afghani are all in #1s. The RH is really hitting the sweat spot and they are starting to all grow much better. As soon as I flip the big girl (Monday at the latest), I will move those 4 down into the downstairs veg tent (after I clean the freaking shit out of it). They will have a lot more wattage hitting them down there.

Yeah pretty happy about the rain heading in....gonna resupply me pretty good. I love the difference in the plants when I water with rain water. Definitely worth the effort for anyone out there on the fence about doing it.

Pretty excited about the warmer weather. Got lots to do this year and I love spring weather (if it will stay dry) the best for doing it. Got a brand new log splitter I am looking to test out soon as well. Back just can't do the manual method to the scale I need this year (9-10 cords). Still gotta fence in the garden this spring/early summer as well. Way too many critters out here for me to waste time setting a buffet table for them. Starting the seeds for all the pepper and mater plants this weekend. Lots of shit to do brother! I love it!

Yeah buddy warmer weather is coming.

Now-a-daze - we set out buckets to collect rain water. lol

Less steps + handles. Anna's idea I wood-a never thought it.

Happy 420 brother - many bountiful harvests :Namaste:

I am kind of missing my journal. Nowhere to post stuff now unless I crash someone else's thread. I reversed a Chemdawg female with colloidal silver and persuaded her to produces to pollen sacks. Since she was growing/flowering with three other girls in the flowering tent I waited till the pollen sacks were ready to start giving up some pollen and removed the branch I had been treating. I put it in a glass of water (like I've done a number of times before) to keep it alive so I could harvest pollen from it. Sadly, less then a week after putting it in the water glass it died and gave up no more pollen. I did manage to collect a small amount which I used to pollinate the Chemdawg plant (1 larger bud), a smaller bud on a Sour Angel plant, the top bud on my Gelat.OG plant, and one bud on my Royal Gorilla plant. The branch on the Sour Angel plant snapped off the other day so I have that bud in a glass of water hoping to keep it alive till the seeds mature. Since there are so few seeds I don't have the luxury of plucking one now and then to check on their maturity level. But today I found two seeds pushing out of their calyxes.

One on the Sour Angel bud in the water glass.

And one on the Chemdawg bud I pollinated.

I need to be patient and leave the other seeds alone at least for another week before "peeking" at any more. Unless of course they start to pop out of their calyxes like these two did.

It was a tough go this time around. First it took the Chemdawg plant forever to reverse, and then of course the branch died early. I'll get some seeds out of the deal but I had hoped to get enough to share with a couple friends. I'm especially hopeful that the Royal Gorilla plant will produce at least a handful of mature seeds as I think that will be a nice cross.

Back
Top Bottom