Step's 2nd Journal - Cheese Fem Auto

*Update - 2/20 - Day 38* Moved largest plants to the outside. c2 on the left, c3 stayed where it was on the outside right. i'll try to get a natural light in there for pics from now on

cheese 1-

c2-

c3-

c4-

c5-
ls -

*Update 2-26 - Day 44* Plants are getting kinda tall so I raised both cob fixtures and lowered the shelf another ~3". I'll also raise the Mars 1200 another few inches to the top as soon as I figure a way how...but while I had them out I figured I'd get some pics. I didn't realize quite how bushy they were cause I can't see down onto the canopy, but pulling them out I can see the smaller ones have done a lot this week. I was hoping the color would come out a little better away from the led and with a camera flash....should have close it up. doh. got a new camera on the way too so i can quit using my pos iphone.

Cheese 1 - This was the one with the broken top early on. I actually never removed the top and just steaked the plant right on top of the wound for support. It's grown wild,curly growth almost like I fim'd it and the new growth has long skinny leaves. Also when moving them today I noticed she was much heavier on water than the others and must not be drinking as much. This is the only problem plant I have atm...

Cheese 2 - Very full plant, taking up about 1/4 of the entire canopy.

Cheese 3 - Going to have some great long and tall buds on this girl. Can't wait for her to start filling out.

Cheese 4 - Getting taller. Swapped her with the lemon skunk in the back.

Cheese 5 - The little runt that turned to gold :cheer:

Lemon Skunk - Really bushy and hasn't started stretching like the cheese, but I think in the next week she should start reaching for the light. Moved her to the front of the closet so I could get to her easier.

*Update - 3/1 - Day 48 - color shots. tops are ~26" right now on all except the lemon skunk and cheese 1. some yellow tips on a few; going to flush all within the next few days. flushed c1 two days ago.

Cheese 1 -

Cheese 2 -

Cheese 3 -

Cheese 4 -

Cheese 5 -

Lemon Skunk -

got the bottom half of the top feed system hooked up. homo depot only had 13 1/2' t's so i'll go to lowe's tomorrow. since i'm going out of town i've got to have a ton of water so i'll have top and bottom hooked up together in one res feeding water. nutes will be delivered by 2 separate pumps both with the scheduled dosage in 5 gallon buckets. when i get back i'll put 2 smaller reservoirs in there for each nute schedule and run top and bottom independent with their own pumps. i think i may get some uneven water pressure out of the halos so i'll try to get some drip trays soon. gonna be hard to get some to fit in the bottom so i may just figure out a way to make something sealed with silicone and just sit the pots on empty coke/pepsi crates. also plan on lowering the shelf another 6' or so when i get back to give the top more room, and to give the lower plants more light. i won't really need as much space on the bottom since i keep the canopy so low in the first half of their lives. these girls are on day 15

*Mini-Update - 3/9 - Day 57* Just finishing up the top-feed system. Got the top working fine and dandy with even pressure. Had to just hook it up by itself into the 800gph, splitting to the far left and far right to recirculate the pressure. got the bottom all setup just need to get another pump...went by lowes tonight and the one they had was $120 so i figured i'd wait till tomorrow and go to home depot or a pet store.

I've had the nute pumps running the past few days and they seem to be working great. Continental AWS-10 if anyone is interested. There are 10 connects to each pump. Easy setup/controller. Can be setup to several times per day or every few days and has seconds setting...speaking of which I gotta dig up a second timer for the water pumps. Had an old Mistking controller somewhere but it seems like it quit working. if any1 knows of a timer with seconds option that is at lowes/homedepot/local gimme a shout i'd preciate it..but back to the point...it seems to be a pretty good option price wise compared to buying a timer, splitters, and a pump. also its all wrapped up in one neat package for you so you don't have to fiddle with making your own. wouldn't recommend for anything large scale, obviously, but for small grows it looks like its going to do the trick

C5 and C4 are massively tall, and C5 surpassed the Mars 1200 in height yesterday over 3ft. C5 did not get as much LST because it was a runt, and by the time it was needing training I neglected a little bit more than I should. C3 is the furthest along in flowering. Put some pics of her trichomes forming. These pics are with my iphone again... Got my new 16mp camera in yesterday and took pics but realized I dont have a sd card slot on my computer. I may or may not get a full update before I leave friday, but if I don't I'll be sure to save everything and do a big update when I get back, 9 days later and have the before and after photos. Can't wait to see what my babies are going to do in 9 days of me not seeing them.

put a 600 gph pump on the bottom section, working fine. the first 2 closest plants to the pumps on the bottom and the first plant on the top left are getting way too much pressure compared to the others. it is better than it was before i added the new pump and separated top from bottom, but it is still a problem. ive been trying to find a 1/2" barbed ball valve but havent been able to. gonna try the pet stores tomorrow, but if any1 knows where i would be able to find one local plz let me know asap plz. leaving tomorrow night so if i dont find a ball valve in time i may try using zip ties to pinch the hoses leading to those plants. doesnt look like i'm going to have time for an update, but i will snap some pics in the closet pics before i leave, and then i'll do a heavy pic update when i return.

finally found my other large non commercial pump while cleaning before i leave. the other pump was just too small. when water levels were uneven in each res air sometimes would not pump into both reservoirs. put some metal aquarium splitters on the ends of the tubes so they would stay at the bottom of the res. i dont really like aquarium stones because the air bubbles are too fine and do not break the water as much. the larger the bubbles, the more violently it breaks the water surface, and imo helps more with co2/o2 exchange.

still gotta go tomorrow and try to find a ball valve. like i said, if i cant find some i'll just try to zip tie and pinch the hoses. also tomorrow i'll make both batches of fert in the 5 gal buckets. got them set to every 9 hrs for 45 seconds (the pump is very slow). found the mistking timer but it doesnt turn off. just runs all the time no matter what. so i guess i'll be running them every other day for 1 min and i'll put a false bottom on the shorter plants since they dont use as much water.

everything is a real mess right now, but when i get back i'll straighten up the hoses and move everything back into the closet. also went ahead and bent all of the babies as much as i could since i will not be able to train them while i'm gone

*Update 3/20* just got back. house sitter called while i was gone and told me leaves were yellowing. told him to turn the nute pumps off till i got there, which was last wed. the middle top plants got a lot of light burn, which i expected because i didnt get a chance to raise the light any before i left, and the smaller had some burns too...one dead. o well. should have gotten it done sooner and tested it more before leaving. ill take some fresh photos tonight, add photos from before i left, and update later

*Update 3/20 - Day 59* - Moved the light as high as it would go and moved the tallest/light burned to the outside. i'll try to figure out a way to raise the cobs more tomorrow if i have time. definitely going to move the vent into the bathroom and move the filter to the other side of the light. gonna need a scrog for next set. still dont have this camera down pat either

Back
Top Bottom