Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

Hi, I have a cloned Strawberry Cough that's been chugging along waiting for her day in the sun. Her life began with me wanting to learn how to root a cut. It worked and I've been keeping her for 5 or 6 months. The growth is very different from seed. Crazy different! Already I've taken many branches and leaves to keep her from being too complicated.

She's the polyploid's daughter and is sensitive about everything. I can't feed her AACT or she gets ugly dropping leaves, also on transplant she gets uncomfortable. She's a challenge like her mother and I'd like try to grow her better. The smoke is good!

So I put her in a 15 gallon pot from a 5, layered the bottom with The Revs' custom flowering blend of amendments, then some root encouragement with some mycorrhizae on the soil before I laid her in the pot and filled it up. Spikes in the soil went into play. 2 veg and 2 flower spikes I made from the Rev's recipe's. First time with the spikes and I'm hoping they provide everything needed to cross the finish line full bore all the way.

To fight the fungus gnat war, I gave her dose of Safers garden dust and set up 2 fans at soil level. This is going in on a schedule. Dead gnats are my favorite ones!

I expect more negativity as I uppotted her yesterday. The roots were so bound it's no wonder she looks like crap on toast. I think she's 5 months old in soil.

My goal now is to make a ton of roots in the 10 new gallons of added soil around the sad bound up ball. Then flower the heck out of her!

Come and enjoy the madness!

Hi Skybound, this one should be interesting.

I agree. I intend to give organics a whirl after a few more hydro harvests so I will need to pay extra special attention to this journal and learn everything I can. Are the Rev's recipes online that I can look at? Ever since I learned to mix nutes, I've become absolutely fascinated with the various compositions out there, first the hydro ones, but now I want to know about the half of growing I missed, the better half as soil growers would have me believe. I am very eager to see how your grow works out.

I agree. I intend to give organics a whirl after a few more hydro harvests so I will need to pay extra special attention to this journal and learn everything I can. Are the Rev's recipes online that I can look at? Ever since I learned to mix nutes, I've become absolutely fascinated with the various compositions out there, first the hydro ones, but now I want to know about the half of growing I missed, the better half as soil growers would have me believe. I am very eager to see how your grow works out.
I haven't seen the recipes but I haven't looked either. I can write them here but for me the magic was his take on the big picture. I don't think one can really get his direction without giving the whole thing a read several times over. Maybe that's me, you have a solid understanding of much more than I do generally so I'll post what I can.

Hey Bard, that story untold, is about to unfold. Think I'll leave the poetry to you Bard.

But, soft, what light through yonder tent door breaks? It is the east, and the glowing rays of the LED doth pour down upon my Mistress Cough, like the gentle rain from heaven... Ha! Poor Shakespeare is spinning in his grave as I butcher his words.

one nice round ball of a plant. :hookah:

i experiment with everything on clones. i take the lessons learned so i don't blow up the plants i do from seed lol. :rolleyes:

All of the growing info I studied leads me to believe that all of the varying approaches and techniques all achieve the same end goal, so a lot of it can be applied across a boundary. Because of this, I can look under the hood and get a lot of info by just looking at the parts, then assume that the composition was put together by a pro, I can study in a way that helps me deduce why the composition is what it is. For example, Doc's "Cationic Drench" is loaded with P and less ammoniacal N. P, being an anion and all, and the fact that the Cat Drench is called the "Cationic" .. leads me to believe that the sought after ingredient in that prodcut is the ammoniacal N, not the P. I can also explain why the P is so high, but that's beyond this scope. But when you happen upon a topic that all seems to come to the same conclusion despite taking different avenues of approach, you can look to the left to better understand the right so to speak. This is why I would like to look at the Rev's recipe, just to see how it compares with other successful recipes, find the common denominators and focus there. If it's just a list of ingredients, well I suppose I've have to Googlize each ingredient and hope to find the elemental comp of each.

Highya SO,

Hope you don't mind if I sit in on this journal. You always have an interesting grow. She's off to a great start. Always thought I'd like Strawberry Cough. Cheers

Count me in.

All of the growing info I studied leads me to believe that all of the varying approaches and techniques all achieve the same end goal, so a lot of it can be applied across a boundary. Because of this, I can look under the hood and get a lot of info by just looking at the parts, then assume that the composition was put together by a pro, I can study in a way that helps me deduce why the composition is what it is. For example, Doc's "Cationic Drench" is loaded with P and less ammoniacal N. P, being an anion and all, and the fact that the Cat Drench is called the "Cationic" .. leads me to believe that the sought after ingredient in that prodcut is the ammoniacal N, not the P. I can also explain why the P is so high, but that's beyond this scope. But when you happen upon a topic that all seems to come to the same conclusion despite taking different avenues of approach, you can look to the left to better understand the right so to speak. This is why I would like to look at the Rev's recipe, just to see how it compares with other successful recipes, find the common denominators and focus there. If it's just a list of ingredients, well I suppose I've have to Googlize each ingredient and hope to find the elemental comp of each.
This is just what I was hoping to understand Sky. This particular plant isn't going to accept AACTs so I'l have to get to a copier and get some pages done so you can take a look at em. I can't right now but one day soon. We're getting ready to head out for some vacationing in a couple of days. Great!

Back
Top Bottom