Stupidface's New And Hopefully Perpetual Auto Grow: All Are Welcome!

I've never heard of bloom nutes reducing stretch. I've always found it mainly due to genetics and partly due to environment.

Do you mean cutting grow nutes now would reduce stretch? Or is there something in the bloom nutes that would do it?

From my understanding and this is also MY OPINION.... but Bloom nutes will slow stretch when introduced to soon for autos. With autos the best way to get Transition nutes is waiting for the stretch to almost stop before switching to bloom nutes. When you first start seeing signs of preflowers you want to keep running veg nutes for a week or 2 and then slowly introduce your bloom. This isn’t the same for photoperiods since your choosing when to flip and change nutes.

Hope this helps I can find a good write up for you if you lenintersted! Let me know

Information from “THCFARMER”

Information on switching nutes to early for autos

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6

Information from “THCFARMER”

Information on switching nutes to early for autos

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6

Thanks, I'll take a read into what they say. From just that paragraph though it seems like they are talking about stopping veg nutes completely and giving bloom, which i would agree is a bad idea. But there should be no reason not to begin gradually introducing bloom, while still giving veg and then phasing out veg after stretch. My nutes (fox farm) are basically the same ingredients in both bottles, just in different ratios. So as i transition i'm just gradually reducing nitrogen, and adding phosphorous.

I was under the understanding that plants wouldnt react to the nutes in their soil (unless it's toxic) and just eat what they need. Otherwise autos in supersoil wouldnt stretch with all their nutes available from day 1. Again, I'll read through and see what they say. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks, I'll take a read into what they say. From just that paragraph though it seems like they are talking about stopping veg nutes completely and giving bloom, which i would agree is a bad idea. But there should be no reason not to begin gradually introducing bloom, while still giving veg and then phasing out veg after stretch. My nutes (fox farm) are basically the same ingredients in both bottles, just in different ratios. So as i transition i'm just gradually reducing nitrogen, and adding phosphorous.

I was under the understanding that plants wouldnt react to the nutes in their soil (unless it's toxic) and just eat what they need. Otherwise autos in supersoil wouldnt stretch with all their nutes available from day 1. Again, I'll read through and see what they say. Thanks for sharing it.

Oh I misunderstood then. Yes introducing bloom nutes slowly with the veg nutes will be fine my apologies for the confusion!

"Blackberry Kush is growing the fastest which was a surprise as she was a slow starter before. "

Its odd. Out of the 4 i have growing right now, the biggest and now fastest grower is the one that i thought would be the runt. Never can tell. :)

"Blackberry Kush is growing the fastest which was a surprise as she was a slow starter before. "

Its odd. Out of the 4 i have growing right now, the biggest and now fastest grower is the one that i thought would be the runt. Never can tell. :)

Yeah, and of course the plant i'm most looking forward to is off to the slowest start.

Sorry Dutchy, I agree with this SF here from my own experience. I add flowering boosters to my line up at first pistil (for autos) and a week before I flip photos. I can use my dda as an example. She produced pistils at day 21 and literally the next day started showing signs of phosphorous def. I started full strength bloom right away (usually I start 1/4 strength) and she bounced back by stretching 4 times her size.

I say this all the time but there are no hard and fast rules for autos, in my experience. Each one needs to be treated individually and it’s best to take direction from the plant as it grows.

Newty’s 2 cents :peace:

Day 27 for the 3 jacks auto! Some pistil showing up!! What you guys think, should I start the bloom nutes aoon or wait a another week or two?

Alright, so i had a chance to read through the first 20 pages of that journal that Dutch posted and I dont think that Seraphim person knows what they are talking about. They offered no science to back up their statements, posted some pics of sub-par autos and said they would post better pics and never did. No science, no results, I'm out.

I would recommend looking up the feeding schedule for the brand of nutes you are using and follow that at 1/2 strength, reducing if you see any sign of burn. Their week 4 or 5 should start being a combination of grow and bloom nutes. This is a safe way for your first run, and you can make adjustments each future run based on your results, which you should keep documenting in journals. If you're having trouble finding the feeding schedule just let me know what nutes you are using and I'll see what i can find.

Alright, so i had a chance to read through the first 20 pages of that journal that Dutch posted and I dont think that Seraphim person knows what they are talking about. They offered no science to back up their statements, posted some pics of sub-par autos and said they would post better pics and never did. No science, no results, I'm out.

I would recommend looking up the feeding schedule for the brand of nutes you are using and follow that at 1/2 strength, reducing if you see any sign of burn. Their week 4 or 5 should start being a combination of grow and bloom nutes. This is a safe way for your first run, and you can make adjustments each future run based on your results, which you should keep documenting in journals. If you're having trouble finding the feeding schedule just let me know what nutes you are using and I'll see what i can find.
They have 4 weeks today! The 3 Jack’s. I have the feeding chart that came with the nutes, im using green planet GP3 kit at 1/2dose every second water
Thanks !!

Some deliveries came in today. Got a new ph pen. I re-calibrated the old one and 45 minutes later it was out of whack again. Also trying a different storage solution for it. Had to get more calmag as well. I have been using calimagic by general hydroponics, but this time i grabbed calmag+ by general organics. Turns out its the same company, only differences being the new stuff doesnt have iron and was cheaper. Still on the lookout for my seed order.

Colorado cookies has grown a little but not much. Gave it a very light feed to see if it gets a nicer shade of green. I have to remember i have almost 30% coco in the mix now so i cant treat it like straight promix. BK and BS are doing well. Tiny creme bubbly will be culled if next set of leaves arent normal.

Hey SF, can you link your ph pen? I need a new one and am using strips in the mean time. Thanks!

Hopefully your seeds arrive soon:)

I got this one. It has a sponge in the cap for the storage solution which is nice. Cant vouch for it yet though

51D0GSTMAPL._SL1001_.jpg

Sorry Dutchy, I agree with this SF here from my own experience. I add flowering boosters to my line up at first pistil (for autos) and a week before I flip photos. I can use my dda as an example. She produced pistils at day 21 and literally the next day started showing signs of phosphorous def. I started full strength bloom right away (usually I start 1/4 strength) and she bounced back by stretching 4 times her size.

I say this all the time but there are no hard and fast rules for autos, in my experience. Each one needs to be treated individually and it’s best to take direction from the plant as it grows.

Newty’s 2 cents :peace:

I never disagreed I was just linking information. I’ve only grown 2 autos and I’m still growing my first photos so I’m not experienced to say the least. I was just adding in info that I had found that maybe someone else could use. I started bloom nutes in my WWa slowly about a week after first pistils and didn’t seem to having negative effects. I’m aiming to grow a ton of autos and learn as much as I can about them. Until then I’ll just follow along

That's the same one I have. It's pretty awesome. I rarely need to calibrate. I only use it to check my other ph meters and one off samples.

Good to know, thank you. Do you use storage solution in the cap? or keep it in a jar of solution? My plan is to use the ph drops once a month to make sure the meter is on point. Ph issues twice is twice too many for me.

Good to know, thank you. Do you use storage solution in the cap? or keep it in a jar of solution? My plan is to use the ph drops once a month to make sure the meter is on point. Ph issues twice is twice too many for me.

After testing my nute mix or water I swish* the pH pen in distilled water then place in the cap with the storage solution.

I would recommend storage solution for best keeping! You don’t want to probe to dry out

After testing my nute mix or water I swish* the pH pen in distilled water then place in the cap with the storage solution.

I would recommend storage solution for best keeping! You don’t want to probe to dry out

Awesome, thank you. I know storage solution is a must but I didn't trust the sponge in the cap. Glad to know it works.

I usually still have moisture from the last test. If it's dry I set it in distilled water for 15 fire it up and boom. No storage solution.
This is my second one however. We dropped the first one. After it dropped it couldn't read again.

So don't do what I do and neglect it lol. But I do and it's been going on three years now.....

Back
Top Bottom