Sweet Leaf's First Grow: WW Auto

I do see the tips turning brown a little,
IMHO, better too close to the lights than too far away!

On another note, saw in one of your pics that the upper leaves are fading. NP, this happens with some strains as they mature. The girls are sucking nutes out of the leaves and using the nutes to blow up the colas. At this stage, they're doing everything they can to be fertilized and produce progeny. I usually trim off those leaves before they fade too much - Plants don't really need them anymore as once the ladies transition to flower, most growth is shifted to buds. This also has the benefit of opening up the canopy, getting more light in to the developing colas. This is especially important to me, because I'm using fluorescents and they don't put much light below the canopy.

IMHO, better too close to the lights than too far away!

On another note, saw in one of your pics that the upper leaves are fading. NP, this happens with some strains as they mature. The girls are sucking nutes out of the leaves and using the nutes to blow up the colas. At this stage, they're doing everything they can to be fertilized and produce progeny. I usually trim off those leaves before they fade too much - Plants don't really need them anymore as once the ladies transition to flower, most growth is shifted to buds. This also has the benefit of opening up the canopy, getting more light in to the developing colas. This is especially important to me, because I'm using fluorescents and they don't put much light below the canopy.
Yes i was wondering why they fade like that up top. Thats a good idea i may take you up on that, im all for letting light penetrate deeper for lower bud sites. Thank you for that tip. Ive trimmed this girl 2-3x already and she just keeps wanting to go back to a bush. This plant is producing twice the amount of orange hairs then her sister.

Hopefully once their in jars they will ripen up.
That is a wonderful cola. BTW, do you have a hygrometer to place in the jars? You sure wouldn't want that beauty to mold.

Now I have another question for you: in a prior post, you had a pic of your drying method. May I ask, because I don't even know what I don't even know, what is the purpose of the tub under the plants?

You'll get on average 25% back from the wet weight. So if you had one ounce of wet weed you'll get a quarter ounce back once dried.
Proper drying and curing will get rid of the hay smell. It's important once the bud is dried to burp the jars at least twice daily for a couple of weeks.

That is a wonderful cola. BTW, do you have a hygrometer to place in the jars? You sure wouldn't want that beauty to mold.

Now I have another question for you: in a prior post, you had a pic of your drying method. May I ask, because I don't even know what I don't even know, what is the purpose of the tub under the plants?
Thank you I appreciate it! That tub was just basically going to be used for concealment but i dont think im ever going to use it now. Think things in my basement are going pretty good temp and humidity wise so im just going to stick to that.

You'll get on average 25% back from the wet weight. So if you had one ounce of wet weed you'll get a quarter ounce back once dried.
Proper drying and curing will get rid of the hay smell. It's important once the bud is dried to burp the jars at least twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Dam that sucks, but ill still have plenty of bud for myself. Ok great, i hope after curing she smells better. Although, i dont think white widow has that strong of a smell, does it?

Dam that sucks, but ill still have plenty of bud for myself. Ok great, i hope after curing she smells better. Although, i dont think white widow has that strong of a smell, does it?
Although, i dont think white widow has that strong of a smell, does it?
I grew it once and the smoke was fantastic, but I don't recall any smells that stuck out. The Red Dragon of mine that's curing now smells like a coffee shop, something I'll always remember.

Great job on your harvest. I've been busy and totally missed it but I do love produce hanging to dry.

full

I grew it once and the smoke was fantastic, but I don't recall any smells that stuck out. The Red Dragon of mine that's curing now smells like a coffee shop, something I'll always remember.
[/QUOTE]
Well thats good to know. I think she will probably impress me once she gets some cure time in, i hope. Lol a coffee shop!! Thats really interesting. Ive never even heard of red dragon but sounds mean in a good way.

Alright im stoned and totally f***** this up so im going to leave it the way it is, dont have the patience to fix it lol

That pic really shows how much she's fattened up. She must be drinking a lot right now too. Here's a pic of my WW's just before harvest. You can see the formation and structure of the colas are very similar. Your buds should be pretty hard when you squeeze them when all is said and done.
1586722294086.png

That pic really shows how much she's fattened up. She must be drinking a lot right now too. Here's a pic of my WW's just before harvest. You can see the formation and structure of the colas are very similar. Your buds should be pretty hard when you squeeze them when all is said and done.
1586722294086.png
Yes, shes been drinking about a gallon every 3 days. I took the mc back down to 6. Those buds look fabulous Mr.S. I really like this WW strain, ive got some starting to cure and have been test tasting. Very pleased with the results. Nice and smooth,!not harsh at all. Were those in 5 gallon buckets? Im debating on a single plant in a 5 gal smart pot vs the 2-3g pots. Ill have plenty of smoke from these two, but would i yeild as much with 1, 5g pot?

Were those in 5 gallon buckets? Im debating on a single plant in a 5 gal smart pot vs the 2-3g pots. Ill have plenty of smoke from these two, but would i yeild as much with 1, 5g pot?
Those were in 7 gallon pots and what I always recommend is running 5gal for autos and 7gal for photos if inside a tent. With 5gal the autos never grow enough roots to cause issues such as root bound. Anything bigger than 7gal for photos is the same thing due to height restrictions unless you run a scrog and take advantage a longer veg cycle. So the rule of thumb is the bigger the pot the bigger the plant. You can easily run 10gal in the tent but if you run a short veg cycle it defeats the purpose of a large pot.

but I dont know if 1 plant in 5g will yield as much as 2 in 3g pots
That's debatable by many. I've grown large autos in 5gal, such as this Pineapple Express, and I'm sure it would have given me more than 2 x 3gal pots. Others will disagree but I believe 1 x 5gal with the correct care and training will provide more than 2 x 3gal.
1586729426536.png

Back
Top Bottom