How much for half a liter Sue? About 125ml?
I had only filled 60 capsules with my jig so I had just the right amount of space for the lecithin. I added it and shook the crap out of the pint jar then set it into the fridge. Don't want to waste potency!! I am pretty buzzed right now from making this oil and I haven't smoked one bit today. Nice lightheaded feeling and tingly hands. Plus a stupid grin.

Good deal. It might not work as efficiently as those with the lecithin added to the entire batch, but they'll work better than without any. See if you can discern any difference in potency between them. You're self-aware so I suspect you'll be able to feel subtle differences.

Use a tablespoon of lecithin to the 125 ml.

When I "sampled" the batch yesterday while cooking the oil I only took one capsule all day. It's powerful meds Shiggity. I'm looking forward to the report on a single capsule.

I just finished my 2nd batch of oil....
Coconut and kilamanjaro sativa.... I also added lecithin this round

I won't be doing more till I harvest...so a month at least

Tomorrow will be a focused test on the effects of these oils on me....
Fun fun fun

There ya go Scorpio. :high-five: Wasn't that the best fun? :laughtwo:

Good deal. It might not work as efficiently as those with the lecithin added to the entire batch, but they'll work better than without any. See if you can discern any difference in potency between them. You're self-aware so I suspect you'll be able to feel subtle differences.

Use a tablespoon of lecithin to the 125 ml.

When I "sampled" the batch yesterday while cooking the oil I only took one capsule all day. It's powerful meds Shiggity. I'm looking forward to the report on a single capsule.

I added 125ml lecithin to the 500ml oil. 4:1 carrier:lecithin right? I will make some new caps tomorrow and will try a single one and report back to you. These are 0 caps not 00. Should I take two?

I added 125ml lecithin to the 500ml oil. 4:1 carrier:lecithin right? I will make some new caps tomorrow and will try a single one and report back to you. These are 0 caps not 00. Should I take two?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about 125 ml of oil. :battingeyelashes:

Take one and wait an hour. If it doesn't hit you take the second one. You should feel something with the first one. Your strain, what's the ratios of THC:CBD? If high THC you'll feel it with that size 0, I'm just not sure how much.

Shiggityflip I'm wondering what your plans are for the leftover flower in oil? I like to grind it up with a little hemp oil and eat it, or add it to all sorts of things. Makes a nice oil and vinegar salad dressing, or toss it in some spaghetti sauce, or chilli. Or baking.

Shiggityflip I'm wondering what your plans are for the leftover flower in oil? I like to grind it up with a little hemp oil and eat it, or add it to all sorts of things. Makes a nice oil and vinegar salad dressing, or toss it in some spaghetti sauce, or chilli. Or baking.

I am not one of the people who are blessed to love the taste of cannabis. But I do love the flavor vaping or smoking. But edibles are very unpleasant to me and normally I love to eat anything! So that's unexpected and kind of sad. But these capsules are a godsend. But maybe I need to use a less speedy strain for my gal. The bluniverse is a heavy head high so I am blasting off from 2 caps. But my gal is uninterested in eating. Some Huckleberry Kush will make some good hungry caps.

I am not one of the people who are blessed to love the taste of cannabis. But I do love the flavor vaping or smoking. But edibles are very unpleasant to me and normally I love to eat anything! So that's unexpected and kind of sad. But these capsules are a godsend. But maybe I need to use a less speedy strain for my gal. The bluniverse is a heavy head high so I am blasting off from 2 caps. But my gal is uninterested in eating. Some Huckleberry Kush will make some good hungry caps.

So you tried two eh? :laughtwo: Enjoying yourself are you? Lol! Are you as surprised as I was about the potency? For the girlfriend who's not interested in munchies something sativa dominant might work. With sativas I need to remind myself to eat, and this seems to be a commonplace thing with many women.

I have a male friend who also tells me the taste of edibles, even my brownies, makes him gag, so he has to force it down. That is unfortunate, but there are ways to counter the taste. If I come across some good ideas I'll let you know. :battingeyelashes:

Sue: I couldn't find the post where you asked how water got out of a pressure cooker. So I will answer here. I am old enough to have seen my grandmother use one to cook tough roasts or can vegetables and fruits.

In the middle of the lid is a pointed hole, through which the steam escapes. The amount of pressure inside the cooker is regulated by a round metal puck (regulator) with 4 holes around the edge. each hole is shaped slightly differently and allows the steam to escape in a controlled manner. Each hole is marked by a different pressure.

Old recipes say to cook at a certain pressure, heating the pot till the puck dances on the puffs of steam so many times per minute, for a certain amount of time.

The sound of the regulator dancing on the steam is one of those old-timey nostalgic memories of my youth.

Modern pressure cookers are electric. I don't know how they work, but I imagine the same way.

Sue: I couldn't find the post where you asked how water got out of a pressure cooker. So I will answer here. I am old enough to have seen my grandmother use one to cook tough roasts or can vegetables and fruits.

In the middle of the lid is a pointed hole, through which the steam escapes. The amount of pressure inside the cooker is regulated by a round metal puck (regulator) with 4 holes around the edge. each hole is shaped slightly differently and allows the steam to escape in a controlled manner. Each hole is marked by a different pressure.

Old recipes say to cook at a certain pressure, heating the pot till the puck dances on the puffs of steam so many times per minute, for a certain amount of time.

The sound of the regulator dancing on the steam is one of those old-timey nostalgic memories of my youth.

Modern pressure cookers are electric. I don't know how they work, but I imagine the same way.

Thank you AKgramma. My mother never used one, to my recollection. I can't recall a single instance where I saw one being used in a kitchen for cooking. My concern with the electric ones is being able to guage the temperatures. I know I'm looking for something close to 220 F. Nowhere online have I been able to find a cooker with any information on pressures and the resulting temperatures. They have preset functions. How do I know what temperature the preset creates?

Just as I was beginning to get frustrated with this search for information Shiggity demonstrated the ability to do the harvest oil with quart jars in a water bath.

I love when the universe steps in just in time. I have two more harvests in the next couple weeks. He just made my job easier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you AKgramma. My mother never used one, to my recollection. I can't recall a single instance where I saw one being used in a kitchen for cooking. My concern with the electric ones is being able to guage the temperatures. I know I'm looking for something close to 220 F. Nowhere online have I been able to find a cooker with any information on pressures and the resulting temperatures. They have preset functions. How do I know what temperature the preset creates?

Just as I was beginning to get frustrated with this search for information Shiggity demonstrated the ability to do the harvest oil with quart jars in a water bath.

I love when the universe steps in just in time. I have two more harvests in the next couple weeks. He just made my job easier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Be sure to temper your expectations. I'm having fun but these are the first batch I have made. I can't gauge their efficacy compared to other techniques. I'm a capsule noob and wouldn't know the difference. These caps are actually super speedy. The Ms. Universe dad is a kali mist descendant so she's just a racy sativa influence. I did sleep well last night. Still a little high this morning. I will try a couple lecithin added caps today. Yesterday the high was very motivating. I expected more of a depressive effect from my old adventures with canna treats made from butter (yuck I wish I could like the taste!).

It's funny because I didn't mind the juice I made with 25 fans and a 1/2 cup of OJ. But I guess I don't like that "cooked plant" taste. The taste when it goes from green to overlooked asparagus green. Except in a tomato sauce with chopped olives. I love the taste in there. But sweets make me gag.

Be sure to temper your expectations. I'm having fun but these are the first batch I have made. I can't gauge their efficacy compared to other techniques. I'm a capsule noob and wouldn't know the difference. These caps are actually super speedy. The Ms. Universe dad is a kali mist descendant so she's just a racy sativa influence. I did sleep well last night. Still a little high this morning. I will try a couple lecithin added caps today. Yesterday the high was very motivating. I expected more of a depressive effect from my old adventures with canna treats made from butter (yuck I wish I could like the taste!).

It's funny because I didn't mind the juice I made with 25 fans and a 1/2 cup of OJ. But I guess I don't like that "cooked plant" taste. The taste when it goes from green to overlooked asparagus green. Except in a tomato sauce with chopped olives. I love the taste in there. But sweets make me gag.

I have great expectations for the process you laid out Shiggity. The goals of the fresh harvest process are twofold, to release the moisture caught up in the plant tissues and to decarb the oil. Both of those goals are met with your water bath, evidenced by the lack of any more decarb bubbles. This part is simple science. When the CO2 is released it causes bubbles to be formed in the oil. When those bubbles cease you've reached complete decarboxylation.

Your report of effect so far holds up this theory of mine that we have much to be excited about. To be able to do this without the oil bath pleases me greatly. There's nothing safe about working with a large hot oil bath, IMO. The smell alone makes me uneasy. I have a lifelong belief that oil molecules adhering to your home from cooking with it is one of the things that attract roaches. This building doesn't have any, and I don't want to be the one who invites them in. :straightface: I've never been comfortable frying foods and this experience with hot oil doesn't sit well with me.

Question for all involved here. I may try harvesting some hemp (wild marijuana) this summer and making a batch of cco. Has anybody else tried this, could there be any benefits from using it? Or would it be a waste of time?

Question for all involved here. I may try harvesting some hemp (wild marijuana) this summer and making a batch of cco. Has anybody else tried this, could there be any benefits from using it? Or would it be a waste of time?

There is CBD in hemp, and a tiny bit of THC. It's hemp that they use to extract the CBD that's being marketed as a cure-all everywhere in the world, but my understanding is that it takes a large quantity of hemp to extract a small amount of CBD. Hemp lacks the cannabinoid and terpene diversity that flowering cannabis grown for medicinal and recreational use has, so you won't get the oft-touted entourage effect to the extent you will with cannabis. Do you have any way to get the buds tested Jerry?

There is CBD in hemp, and a tiny bit of THC. It's hemp that they use to extract the CBD that's being marketed as a cure-all everywhere in the world, but my understanding is that it takes a large quantity of hemp to extract a small amount of CBD. Hemp lacks the cannabinoid and terpene diversity that flowering cannabis grown for medicinal and recreational use has, so you won't get the oft-touted entourage effect to the extent you will with cannabis. Do you have any way to get the buds tested Jerry?
No SS, no way to get them tested. But may just have to make a large batch and if nothing else just make some body cream with it. Didn't know if anyone had any experience with what I want to try. I'm not afraid to experiment thou.....

In my ongoing quest to get control of the scalp psoriasis that I've lived with for two decades I've pulled together a simple bath salt combo of 4 cups of Epsom salts and 1/4 cup of infused coconut oil I made from the leaves of immature plants a while back to get some extra cannabinoids and other components into the daughter. She doesn't really take these capsules any more, so I have the oil sitting around looking for a use.

image38082.jpg

Today I decided medicated bath salts was the intended use of this oil.

image38083.jpg

My plan is to locate a usable plug for my tub (there's never been one, or the need for one since I prefer to shower) and begin a daily soak in the salt-treated water, with my scalp in the water. My hope is that this application will begin a healing process. As I harvest more I can concoct a stronger oil, but I have a sneaking suspicion this will work for me.

IMG_69657.JPG

No SS, no way to get them tested. But may just have to make a large batch and if nothing else just make some body cream with it. Didn't know if anyone had any experience with what I want to try. I'm not afraid to experiment thou.....

Ahhh..... Another willing lab rat. :slide:

In my ongoing quest to get control of the scalp psoriasis that I've lived with for two decades I've pulled together a simple bath salt combo of 4 cups of Epsom salts and 1/4 cup of infused coconut oil I made from the leaves of immature plants a while back to get some extra cannabinoids and other components into the daughter. She doesn't really take these capsules any more, so I have the oil sitting around looking for a use.

image38082.jpg

Today I decided medicated bath salts was the intended use of this oil.

image38083.jpg

My plan is to locate a usable plug for my tub (there's never been one, or the need for one since I prefer to shower) and begin a daily soak in the salt-treated water, with my scalp in the water. My hope is that this application will begin a healing process. As I harvest more I can concoct a stronger oil, but I have a sneaking suspicion this will work for me.

IMG_69657.JPG
Good luck Sue

U got this !!!

Try a saucer or small plastic lid over the tub drain...once water is in it will suck it down and BAM plugged drain

Thank you Scorpio. I didn't even think of the laws of physics. Lol!

So I tried my 1st capsul today.
00 with kilamanjaro and coconut oil.
2hrs in...nice head high.. motivation is good..making tater salad and hot wings soon
It started to hit me about 40min after I took it.
Neck is still sore... dehydrated....but knees feel good
Time for the pool

Back
Top Bottom