Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

The secret to happiness is low expectations. :laughtwo:

I can tell you they will each give me over an ounce. That much I'm sure of. How much is anyone's guess, although I must say these are solid, packed colas we're looking at. Not a fluffy one in the bunch. You guys go ahead and make your guesses. It'll be fun to see who comes closest.

My supplies are on hand for bud washing.

image20004.jpg

I still need to scrub out the buckets. I'll probably get that done this evening after Callanetics. I only got one session in last week and it's hard to maintain a trophy wife body if one doesn't stick to the program. :laughtwo: it's so cute that he sees me like that. I'm really just your average 190 pound woman working my way to looking much younger, but he sees me as a beauty that he's lucky to live with. Adorable. :love:

Worm Bin Update

I suddenly remembered that I had a bin under the stairs that I'd neglected to check on and water. They dry out fairly quickly in the Geo Pot and my intention was to water twice a week. It's been over a week at this point. Thankfully, the last time I really drenched them (think spring rainstorm) so they were still damp in the middle. I don't want to lose any more worms. I dug it out from under the stairs and brought it into the living room to attend to.

image20005.jpg

After thoroughly drenching I decided to wet the cardboard pieces that go on top. I tossed them in the sink with some water and left them to soak it up.

image20006.jpg

I like to use the tops from egg cartons. They're always available (we eat a lot of eggs - cheap and beneficial protein).

I pulled all the end pieces off and used them around the sides. Not any real reason for doing so, just because... why not, eh?

image20007.jpg

The top gets covered. My hope is that by covering it with damp cardboard it will retain the moisture better.

image20008.jpg

Back into the hidey hole under the stairs.

image20009.jpg

I didn't go digging to see if there are any worms left alive. I can't bring myself to disturb the that much. Either they're alive in there or they're not. One way or another I will be adding more when the weather breaks and they can safely be shipped.

I checked on the kitchen worms and they're doing fine still feeding off the malted barley grain I treated them to after Wednesday's tea. Lots of decomposition going on here.

image20010.jpg

When I use this stuff to top dress my plants before the next seeds get dropped the soil community is going to love me.

All's well in the world of worms. On with my Callanetics time.

:Namaste:

nhteatime, it's so good to see you checking in. Love and healing thoughts your way. :love:

image20014.jpg

I married a lover of trains. I've spent 34 years finding ways to indulge that love on unbelievably tight budgets. Worth every dollar redirected. :love:

I'm gonna say between 5 and 6 ounces total (dried). But I would love to be surprised with even more ;)

I'm liking the way you think. That would certainly surprise me newoldguy. :laughtwo:

So I can't see the whole plant so I'm not gonna guess.

That thc bomb looks great. I almost bought that strain last night. I may go back to bomb seeds and get me some of that.

Can you believe the resin on that plant, Dutty?

... under CFLs. :thedoubletake:

I know. Amazing. In my room oh my god. Funny I was looking at there bubble bomb last night which led me too the thc bomb. Forgot sue was rocking that till I popped in today. I'll be ordering up.

Man cfls. Holy cat balls.

And 2.5oz per plant off cfl is great if that's what you pull. But I'd be more proud of the consistency of the overall resin production on that girl more than anything else.

Daily Update: Day 80 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 79 (Buddha Magnum Auto)

We're busy today getting all the ducks in a row for Dale's transfer to rehab., so today is just a quick photo post. The girls got their 1/4 turn and a top off of the reservoirs. The Bomb took a quart and Buddha surprised me by only needing 3 cups. After all, there were two drenches over the past two days. I also did some minor top spray of the soil surface to activate more of the mosquito dunk bits.

image20038.jpg

First up, our magnificent Bomb. Her trichomes are still well within ratio.

image20039.jpg

image20040.jpg

image20041.jpg

image20042.jpg

image20043.jpg

image20044.jpg

image20045.jpg

image20046.jpg

image20047.jpg

image20048.jpg

image20049.jpg

image20050.jpg

image20051.jpg

image20052.jpg

image20053.jpg

The Bomb is still doing her crazy dance.

image20054.jpg

image20055.jpg

image20056.jpg

image20057.jpg

image20059.jpg

image20060.jpg

image20061.jpg

image20062.jpg

image20063.jpg

Let's look a little closer at that one. Inside, on the bottom and frosty as could be. This girl still has weeks to go. WooHoo!!!

image20064.jpg

Enjoy the day everyone. We have sunny skies and super frigid temperatures here in the heart of Steeler country. May you all have some bright skies where you are. Gotta run.

:Namaste:

Boooooo steelers. J/k well kinda.
Still mad about 05

Ok sue just wanted to say thanks I've purchased bomb seeds thc bomb and will be doing a co journal with another member to be announced soon. They have purchased as well.

Killer job.

Cfls. Wow that's all I can say. If anyone is planning on a cfl grow I will continue to send them your way. Big big big thumbs up and Rep points awarded.

It is amazing what she's achieved with cfl's.
But it does go to show that light is only part of the package.
Soil/nutes and care are a big part of a successful grow.

Dutty and Greytail, you're making me blush. :blushsmile:

This mineralized soil is responsible for much of what you're all drooling about. It's an incredibly simple recipe that can be run with water only. My handling of the lights is based partly on instinct and mostly on researching Tulip's cfl tutorial. I have a hard time believing my results are so special. Surely someone else has done the same?

This grow is excelling because of
- CLackamas Coots soil mix with extra aeration added
- almost 400 watts of lights surrounding the plants
- SWICK watering system
- regular application of enzyme tea and coconut/aloe drenches
- love

I'm so pleased it has brought you all so much joy. Having such an esteemed cheerleading squad helps too. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Sue .. people look down on CFL's ... unjustly so imho, but still. Your results are as good as many of the 400w HID grows, and better then a lot of others.

People that have been upgrading their lights, and expected your kind of nugs are still trying to tune in the magic bullet to get frosty nugs like that while you are blowing them out of the water with "just CFL's". I have a nutrient line that I got with my 2nd hand tent, that would cost me well over 250 euro's to buy in a store, and would last me a grow or 4 in a 4x4 tent. I'm running a 300W full spectrum LED above my plants .. they look nice, but not half as nice as yours. The end of my second grow is nowhere near as nice as what you have here .. I highly doubt my current grow will look as nice as this, even tho I did everything right in this grow ...

If I where to evaluate my own grow up to seeing your results, I would say my LED sucks, and I need better lights. As a matter of fact, I already did so. Now, I'm cursing at myself for thinking like a freaking idiot, and thinking that moar light and nutes = moar nugs. I will speak for my self, but up till reading the 'How to get started growing indoors organically' topic in your signature, I looked at soil as a medium to contain roots, and help the plant stay upright. I am kinda disappointed in myself for not treating them and the medium as living beings/habitats from the get-go .. but it is so easy to just copy what you see is working, without applying too much thought and never look back once you get some positive results.

So your results, to me, are at least surprising and somewhat shaming my own current results ;)

I think you should send in these results for plant of the month, nug of the month, grow of the month, whatever-else-of-the-month we have, and see just HOW much of a stellar grow you have going on there .. with "just CFL's", in a universe dominated by HID/MH and top-of-the-line LED's, and where sub-par light is thought of as amongst the leading causes of lacking results.

You have, shall we say, schooled my ass .. luckily before I bought a brand spanking expensive new LED, before upgrading the most basic of all ... the soil. I'm also very glad you saved me from going DWC ... as I was convinced that DWC and a LOT of light, where key. So now I dumped as much tech as possible, and will get the basics right first .. then see where and if upgrades are needed :)

The previous mentality was kinda forcing as much big huge nugs out of as little space as possible. The one I'm educating myself on now, is providing as good care as possible and letting her reward me for it. You show this in a way that makes it both easy to see and understand. And thus emulate.

So yeah, thanks!

:thanks:

(edit: TL;DR: With this grow, you show just how important the soil part of the grow is and at least for me, showed me that more light at more frequencies is nice, once you get your basics right. Like soil ;) )

Back
Top Bottom