Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Didn't even think of that. Dang it Greytail, what have i told you about showing me up?

LOL, I've been boiling out pipes for years. :laughtwo: Works really great with glass, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Sue!
Your husband and your plants are blessed to have you as a caretaker! I've been lurking and learning and following your journal since I saw your post on the "Noobwannb's Self Wicking Smartpot ghetto setup" on another site. Very excited for you being so close to harvest. Your journal inspired me to do one as well. I'm just getting started but hope I have such a good outcome as you.

I am really impressed at how well the organic soil and self-wicking smartpots work! My girls are looking very healthy so far. Thanks for sharing your experience and wisedom!

Daily Update: Day 78 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 77 (Buddha Magnum Auto)

image19882.jpg

One last day with the Bomb. As excited as I am to finally harvest I'm going to miss her.

image19883.jpg

image19884.jpg

image19885.jpg

image19888.jpg

image19889.jpg

image19886.jpg

image19887.jpg

This is a better view of how her interior secondary colas have pulled away from the stalk. Everything looks good. I see no clear trichomes at all, and I looked hard and long.

image19890.jpg

Tomorrow Buddha gets to take her turn at center stage. When I get all those lights around her I suspect she's going to frost up better than the Bomb did. I know, that's hard to imagine, isn't it?

image19891.jpg

image19892.jpg

image19893.jpg

image19894.jpg

image19895.jpg

image19896.jpg

I'd previously mentioned about the buildup on the pots and how I'd read about the enzyme teas causing them to disappear. This is what mine look like today. Now I have a baseline for comparison. It's interesting that Buddha's black pot has significantly more on it than the Bomb's. I have no explanation for that.

image19897.jpg

image19898.jpg

I'm going to swing through Lowe's on my way home to pick up four 5 gallon buckets. I'd considered using something smaller, but after careful consideration I think I know why DocBud suggests these. Dunking vertically will clean more effectively and the 5 gallon buckets are deep enough to allow you to dunk the whole branch. Was I right about that Doc?

I'll also pick up more peroxide, baking soda and lemon juice. That should be all I need that isn't already on hand. Right before sunrise I'll begin. Excited and nervous.

Have a good day everyone. :green_heart:

Use a plastic ziplock bag, freezer type so its durable, add in some 80% alcohol and some several teaspoons of salt. The salt is not soluble and acts as a scrubber. Give it a shake, then let it sit for a few hours, shake it again, take a look at the pipe see if it as clean as you want it, if not let it soak more, shake it a good bit. The alcohol starts to loose its effectiveness if its been years since you cleaned your pipe. The resin bonds with the alcohol thus less molarity as time goes on. If it needs it dump it out and add another dose of alcohol and salt.

:love: I wonder the same thing about cannabis, does it form the necessary THCA, CBDA etc to fit the needs of the grower. Like cooking from scratch it always comes out better than you expected. The more you labor on it the more it surprises you. It would be so cool wouldn't it if some point in the future they proved it scientifically? Talking to your cannabis plants is therapeutic and produces the perfectly matched bud for you, tell it your problems, it senses your illnesses...nice dream. ;)

We cut the branch from the stem and trim then hang in the dark basement on coat hangers, leaving enough of the main stem to act as a hook. 10 days to two weeks then cut the buds off (when they can snap off) and place in an open bowl for a week or in glassware cookware with a loose top. We never close a lid on a jar etc. Covered from dust but still breathes.

I want to try bud washing but the honey is afraid she'll lose the sweet sugar on her buds that I grow for her. :)

I hope Dale is in good health soon.

Hi Sue!
Your husband and your plants are blessed to have you as a caretaker! I've been lurking and learning and following your journal since I saw your post on the "Noobwannb's Self Wicking Smartpot ghetto setup" on another site. Very excited for you being so close to harvest. Your journal inspired me to do one as well. I'm just getting started but hope I have such a good outcome as you.

I am really impressed at how well the organic soil and self-wicking smartpots work! My girls are looking very healthy so far. Thanks for sharing your experience and wisedom!

Welcome ClosetPharmer. I've already been there and subbed. I'm excited for you. What fun!

i'm excited for you too sue,, wonderful job,, now enjoy the harvest,, maybe put on 'harvest moon' by neil young,, great music to slaughter a plant by, or so i hear anyway,, salude

I will dig Neil out nivek.

Thanks Equanimity. Good to have you stop by. Tomorrow begins the excitement.

A few inches of snow followed by a couple hours of light rain means I'm trudging to Lowe's in inches of muck. Oh lucky me. LOL !

All for a good cause.

Stopped at Lowe's and purchased buckets. Walked the 1/4 mile along sidewalks that were freezing as I went and got to the grocery store. Purchased peroxide, baking soda and groceries I absolutely needed to buy. Caught the bus home and carefully crept up the 1/2 block to our building, up hill and on sidewalks that are now a solid sheet of ice. Home safely and discovered I neglected to get lemons. Absolutely no way am I going out in this treacherous madness tonight!

When I was a small child my mother left the five of us with her parents (she was a single mom) and went into town, slipped on ice, bumped her head and when she came to she had amnesia and no identification (someone snatched her purse while she was lying on the ground unconscious). After two weeks in a hospital recovering from injuries caused by the fall her parents finally located her. To this day my daughter, who is challenged with a disabling anxiety disorder, worries that the same thing will happen to me, so I have promised her I will stay in for the night.

Then I came into the living room to check on the girls and found the Bomb growing more white pistils and expanding her buds in a surprising burst of activity. I mean, seriously, look at this!

image19910.jpg

I don't know about all of you, but I think the universe is telling me not to rush the harvest and to give her time to stop growing. Yes, she could be taken any time now, but I keep thinking about how the buds swell dramatically in the final two weeks, and I believe this is what I'm witnessing. I think wait until these pistils go rust-colored. The trichomes haven't changed enough for me to be concerned. A vast majority are still cloudy.

Any thoughts? :helpsmilie:

You know Sue, if there's anything I could do differently from my harvest. It would be to give it another week or so. Because I thought they were looking great!! But now I'm seeing the buds that are still there for the reVeg and they look amazing!! So much frostier than at harvest. (Tomorrow is my smoke report :))

From the looks of your girls Sue I think you won't go wrong with another solid week at least. Maybe 2. (I know its not the news you wanna hear)

Lots of love!

Thanks for the input Pigeons. I think you may be right. Even Dale suggested I may be rushing it. To see this explosive growth today caught me off guard.

With Dale in the hospital and going into rehabilitation next week there's really no rush. I won't smoke any until he's able to join me anyway. Well, aside from last night's popcorn bud, but that was understandable. I have no problem waiting.

It's worth it! Cause once you harvest your stuck with X number of grams/ounces and you can't go back to give it that final bit of explosion. Not saying that the smoke won't be great! But it's like a fine wine, you can pop the cork early and get your fix or wait and let it finish and enjoy every last drop. I know you know where I'm going with this Sue but I know if I could give the hog one more week. I would! Hindsight is 20/20. :p I just don't want you to have the same remorse, if I can call it that.

The thing I have been looking for is that ever since you topped those buds (or was it called back boning?) they haven't really filled out like others' plants have after cutting...you know with a rounded out almost cylindrical shaped cola....yours are still pyramid shaped. Maybe because you cut them they are needing more time to fill out? I say wait another few days at least and keep checking all the time. Just my two cents.

Good point CC. Hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks.

I could be wrong in what I am saying, but you aren't going to lose much by over shooting a couple of days me thinks. As is, you are still looking at mostly cloudy (I feel like a weatherman :) ). Froom the butt-load of journals I have read through you have at least another week to spare. You could harvest now, but you aren't necessarily going to get a mellow uppy high, but just something that might be kind of racy and even unpleasant in the wrong situation.

Back
Top Bottom