SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

I'd love to give these a try if nobody has spoken up yet. Might be good to add some color beside my flood lights.

IMG_460812.JPG

It's only a matter of logistics from here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'd recommend you check out the link keltic shared about converting them to cobs. Best lights I've run are cobs. That's what I'm switching to exclusively.

It might be an interesting idea to learn a thing or two about those cob lights. :hmmmm:

IMG_460917.JPG

Distilling water is a very slow process. :straightface: This calls for a dedicated space. Fill it, turn it on and walk away. Somewhere far from my workspace.

Hmmmm...... redefining workspaces. I've noticed the more I stand at the workbench the more my knees complain. Balance in all things girl. :laughtwo: One of the advantages of working in the kitchen at that bench is how distant it is from my BIL and his choice of music. Good though his taste may be, I'm not in the mood for it to be intruding on my thoughts. I typically work in here after he goes to bed around 8 or so.

Apartment life...... you gotta love it or you gotta move. I think I'll move. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Time for a walk through of the apartment with an open mind.

It might be an interesting idea to learn a thing or two about those cob lights. :hmmmm:

Every ceiling fixture in my house has been swapped over to cob lights. I put cob bulbs in all my lamps too. Eventually I'll replace the 1000w hps with cob. I'm a cheap old man who needs more than his share of bright light. :rofl:

I feel ya on this lex. First one I could ever read all the way through. But if trends continue it'll be hard to keep up. Like a fountain, smh :passitleft: or a work out for the -growing-intellect.

O yes it will most certainly be a struggle to keep up lol. Her journal will gain 8-10 pages a day lol. Time flys when your having fun though lol.

Ooo! Ooo! I forgot.....

I've been playing with my new toy today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_459910.JPG

It has the coolest color change. Lol!

IMG_460010.JPG

IMG_460111.JPG

IMG_460313.JPG

IMG_460411.JPG

I appreciated the larger diameter and more shallow chamber. I could spread a small amount out evenly on the bigger screen and the plant material gets better overall exposure that way. Hits like a dream, and you can watch the stream of vapor rising up inside the glass. That little bit you see in the picture kept me busy for a good while. I take a few hits, turn it off and keep hitting it until it stops producing vapor. Later I take the piece off, heat it up for a minute or two, replace the chamber and repeat the process.

Nice glass, by the way. I do love a nice piece of glass. :battingeyelashes: :love: I prefer the heat at 7. That's just me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_46069.JPG

Lovely glass that catches color and light from the surroundings and throws it back at you in joyful laughter. Yeah...... light passing through tiny bits of colored glass..... my big weakness. :laughtwo:

IMG_460711.JPG

I'm not much for the vape high. Not intense enough for me, and I admit I caved around 2:30 and had my first brownie. Somewhere along the way I had the second half. :cheesygrinsmiley: Feeling damned good between the brownies and this tower. I figure I got a nice round of medicinal cannabinoids with the tower. I could watch them making their way to me. :laughtwo:

I like this toy. I'll play with it a bit more.

Time for my walk. :ciao:

Thank you so much Sue. :love:

I'm not able to reply to Rad on my journal either. It says something about a token being expired and that I need to reload the page even after I reload the page. Of course I have 15 tabs open for the different threads I've been reading here lately.

Deal MrGreene. When you've gotten your post count up to 50 we can PM. I'll send you some info now, but you won't be able to respond with a PM until you cross that 50 post threshold.

Edit: I can't send you any PMs. Don't know what that's all about, but I figure once you can send them we can work it out.

OK....... I started off by moving the shelves out of the bathroom and set them up over by the tiny closet. They can run off the same timer.

IMG_459115.JPG

I'll be planting the Dark Devil Autos after I get back from walking tonight.

Water is being distilled. :slide: Thank you so much Rad for reminding me I had this expensive and underutilized piece of equipment on hand. :hug: You saved me a lot of money I can redirect to shoes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll need to gather some bottles to store water in.

IMG_459314.JPG

The Mars Hydro panels are starting to go. I don't have the expertise to repair one of these, so I'm tossing them up for grabs. Anyone willing to pay shipping is welcome to them. They're both 300 watts. The smaller one says 140 watt draw and the larger one is 180 watts.

IMG_459416.JPG

IMG_459511.JPG

Obviously in need of repair.

IMG_459611.JPG

IMG_459713.JPG

IMG_459811.JPG

For the most part the larger one looks like it's still in good condition. Someone with talent and ingenuity might get a couple more years out of these. They served me well.
Now to get the mess cleaned up and attempt to get the Christmas tree project finished. Catch you later. :ciao: :green_heart:
Put cobs in them . I would love them lol but I am too far and not in my budget at the moment. They have good tutorials on the process to convert to cob.

"carpe diem"

Thank you so much Sue. You're sweet. :love:

It looks like I'm the hold up and need to get busy posting.

I think I read the link the Keltic posted a couple weeks ago, but I'll for sure check it again tonight after I finish fixing dinner for my kids.

IMG_460812.JPG

It's only a matter of logistics from here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'd recommend you check out the link keltic shared about converting them to cobs. Best lights I've run are cobs. That's what I'm switching to exclusively.

I think I read the link the Keltic posted a couple weeks ago, but I'll for sure check it again tonight after I finish fixing dinner for my kids.

No problems, only solutions. I would first look at growmau5 on uTube. look for mars CREE conversion on any search engine, sometimes called A grow hack or conversion. replacing the diodes takes soldering and can be tedious depending on how many need replaced. but with a grow hack conversion you can hopefully re-use the drivers and fans. COBs will provide better spectrum but they are good lights with the diodes replaced. I have my diy in my sig for diode replacement. let me know if ya need any info. the info in fanleafs thread is a large volume of info but they will answer questions you may have... bunch of talented diy and from scratch light makers in there.

Here is where fanleafs thread is on 420, the exact post 302>>> Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Cheers Sue!

Its been awhile since I could find time to check back in at 420Magazine, and sure enough, they had to upgrade the server for your thread volume! One day on a new thread and you already have 4 pages! Just finished catching up on a few threads, and sure enough I end up posting on yours. Glad you got a vacation to Jamaica, great place to relax and chill out. I haven't been in about 5 years but it seems y'all had a good time. Congrats to Canna ans Nis! I've got nothing great to add to your new thread other than greetings and hugs!:circle-of-love:

You had helped me a few months ago with CCO and Caps for my son with NF1, and he is doing well with the meds now. Thank you! It took a bit of trial and error on dosing, but as you say, we will be guinea pigs for a few more years. Retirement is seemingly busier than when I had a career, but it's on my own schedule and choices, so it's awesome. Best to all! Back to the thread binge!

Keith

Thanks KelticBlue. Great instructions on those links.

The soldering shouldn't be a problem. I bought a nice soldering station that also has hot air back when the kids were always breaking their Iphones. Repairing a trace on the motherboard of one of those is a real pain. I ended up getting a pair of lighted magnifying loupe glasses for those jobs.

Growmau5 has some great videos. I watched the 7 part series on led/cob basics this week.

I think I'll replace the burnt diodes since it is only a few and that'll be easier on the budget for now. I need to read some more about the conversions soon.

No problems, only solutions. I would first look at growmau5 on uTube. look for mars CREE conversion on any search engine, sometimes called A grow hack or conversion. replacing the diodes takes soldering and can be tedious depending on how many need replaced. but with a grow hack conversion you can hopefully re-use the drivers and fans. COBs will provide better spectrum but they are good lights with the diodes replaced. I have my diy in my sig for diode replacement. let me know if ya need any info. the info in fanleafs thread is a large volume of info but they will answer questions you may have... bunch of talented diy and from scratch light makers in there.

Here is where fanleafs thread is on 420, the exact post 302>>> Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Just my 2 cents in case money is a problem Mr Greene ...

MarsHydro will ship replacement LEDs, diodes, etc. for any device under warranty. Not sure if the panels are over two years old but if not details are on their website. I use several 96w MarsHydro panels for side light like Supergroomer, and they really add some bulk down low. That didn't sound quite right!

Just a thought

Keith

Add some bulk down low....LMAO. I like big bulk and I can not lie. I immediately though of Sir Mix A Lot. :rofl:

I'll get them to send the diodes if the lights are new enough. If not, it looks like they're only $0.50 each so that won't break the bank. Normally money isn't too much of a problem but paying child support twice this month (I'm a month ahead now), getting a dental implant tomorrow, the accountant messing up so I have to wait to do my taxes, etc. already broke the bank. It'll pass in a few months when I get caught back up.

MarsHydro will ship replacement LEDs, diodes, etc. for any device under warranty. Not sure if the panels are over two years old but if not details are on their website. I use several 96w MarsHydro panels for side light like Supergroomer, and they really add some bulk down low. That didn't sound quite right!

Just a thought

Keith

Yayyyyyy suueeeee! Im subbed.....cant miss this ride!!!! Bustin out my vape and gonna chillllllll. :420::volcano-smiley:

Wow! I forget every time how many of us there are in these rooms. :laughtwo: I tell you, my friends, it warms to heart to greet each and every one of you when we open the new doors.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Woo hoo i made it to a sweet sue journal early for once lol. Your last journal was on like 200-300 pages by the time i made my way over to your slice of heaven! Glad you are keeping up with the hempy as well

Hello lexort! It's been a little while. :hug: I think you and Tead have me hooked on the hempy experiment. Eventually we should assume I'll be able to make them look healthier, but all things considered, I'm a bit proud to have kept her alive. Much of that credit will forever belong to you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm here I'm here! thought I could make the first page but there are way too many SS fans. Hugs for your new beginning.
:hug::hug::hug:

I missed this yesterday. Never let it be said SweetSue passed on a chance to grab another hug from you Baby.

:hug::hug::hug: :love:

Tagging along a few pages behind...:passitleft:

There you are.....:battingeyelashes: :love: Can't have a full room without my favorite magical companion. :kisstwo:

CannaMontana and Nismo12 said they are growing several autos in the kit. They just had discussion on their thread:
Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Good link. They're the source of the next seeds to follow tonight's planting of the DDA. I have a quantity of Devil's Carnival seeds that will be next up.

I got the DDAs planted tonight after my walk. Then I went in, stretched out across the bed and fell asleep for a couple hours. :laughtwo:

IMG_461011.JPG

IMG_461111.JPG

IMG_461314.JPG

IMG_461412.JPG

More interesting ambient light. :laughtwo:

So for any one who is looking for a project these are good to work with. I did a tutorial on replacing the diodes in my signature is a >> link and link here <<

Perhaps the best option for these lights moving forward
Also see fanleafs tutorial on putting COB chips into similar fixtures, good stuff.>>Here linky.Here<< >>Post 302 in the thread<<

If I had the time or inclination I would do a bit of both add a COB and use the diodes for specific spectrum lighting. But I digress.

Thank you so much for these links keltic. You're making his job so much easier, and I know how appreciative he is. :hug: :love:

subbed up. You are always entertaining and i love your grow. Keep up the fine work.

Welcome to the latest addition cannaruss. I'm so glad you find the journey entertaining. I do my best. Lol!

I feel ya on this lex. First one I could ever read all the way through. But if trends continue it'll be hard to keep up. Like a fountain, smh :passitleft: or a work out for the -growing-intellect.

You're too sweet Jacob. :hug: :love: It's all of you that keep these journals rocking. :love:

Made it!!! And only 3 pages in. :cheer::circle-of-love::peace:

I use the same lights for side lighting. :circle-of-love::peace:

:woohoo: I see Rob changed your name too. :laughtwo: There's a lot of that going on these days. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Every ceiling fixture in my house has been swapped over to cob lights. I put cob bulbs in all my lamps too. Eventually I'll replace the 1000w hps with cob. I'm a cheap old man who needs more than his share of bright light. :rofl:

I almost never use overhead lighting. Been in this apartment for eleven years and I can count on both hands the number of times I've turned one on. All of my lamps got transitioned over to Reveal lights years ago and I never changed from that. I need lots of light, particularly in the winter darkness, or I got out of my mind and we all suffer. Lol!

O yes it will most certainly be a struggle to keep up lol. Her journal will gain 8-10 pages a day lol. Time flys when your having fun though lol.

And that's the attitude we strive for. :slide:

Well i'm joining this one too Sue! But I lost my chair... Where is my chair? Oh well just have to flop right into the crowd then.

My little first plants!

Pull up a slice of the floor over here by me. I lost my chair months ago. It's all about adaptability. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you so much Sue. :love:

I'm not able to reply to Rad on my journal either. It says something about a token being expired and that I need to reload the page even after I reload the page. Of course I have 15 tabs open for the different threads I've been reading here lately.

Haha! Oh, can we all identify with this statement. Lol!

Put cobs in them . I would love them lol but I am too far and not in my budget at the moment. They have good tutorials on the process to convert to cob.

"carpe diem"

I know.... Isn't it cool how you can find just about anything here, no matter what? I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of the membership. Wait until you get completely lost in Off-Topic journals. Lol!

They'll wait for you. I'm glad it'll be such an easy fix for you. No warranty on these panels.

image19241.jpeg

Cheers Sue!

Its been awhile since I could find time to check back in at 420Magazine, and sure enough, they had to upgrade the server for your thread volume! One day on a new thread and you already have 4 pages! Just finished catching up on a few threads, and sure enough I end up posting on yours. Glad you got a vacation to Jamaica, great place to relax and chill out. I haven't been in about 5 years but it seems y'all had a good time. Congrats to Canna ans Nis! I've got nothing great to add to your new thread other than greetings and hugs!:circle-of-love:

You had helped me a few months ago with CCO and Caps for my son with NF1, and he is doing well with the meds now. Thank you! It took a bit of trial and error on dosing, but as you say, we will be guinea pigs for a few more years. Retirement is seemingly busier than when I had a career, but it's on my own schedule and choices, so it's awesome. Best to all! Back to the thread binge!

Keith

Keith..... :hug::hug::hug: :love: I've been thinking about you and your son. I'm so pleased to hear the protocol is working for him. Be sure to update us at the Study Hall. Everyone will be glad to hear from you. My best to your son and his family. :hug: :love:

Thanks KelticBlue. Great instructions on those links.

The soldering shouldn't be a problem. I bought a nice soldering station that also has hot air back when the kids were always breaking their Iphones. Repairing a trace on the motherboard of one of those is a real pain. I ended up getting a pair of lighted magnifying loupe glasses for those jobs.

Growmau5 has some great videos. I watched the 7 part series on led/cob basics this week.

I think I'll replace the burnt diodes since it is only a few and that'll be easier on the budget for now. I need to read some more about the conversions soon.

There ya go..... ingenuity. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just a thought

Keith

I'm glad to hear they're so accommodating. Had I the training to do this I'd have ripped them apart myself. Dan, over at Timber Lights, is going to make my world rock with super lighting, and I won't be looking back from there.

Add some bulk down low....LMAO. I like big bulk and I can not lie. I immediately though of Sir Mix A Lot. :rofl:

I'll get them to send the diodes if the lights are new enough. If not, it looks like they're only $0.50 each so that won't break the bank. Normally money isn't too much of a problem but paying child support twice this month (I'm a month ahead now), getting a dental implant tomorrow, the accountant messing up so I have to wait to do my taxes, etc. already broke the bank. It'll pass in a few months when I get caught back up.

How sweet to have the cosmos step in and make things a little more interesting. :love:

Hello sweety just stopping by to say hello. Did you get my post on the old journal that I finished my first grow.

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

I missed that notice in the flurry of activity. I'll try to swing by tomorrow. :love:

Whew! I think I got everyone. :laughtwo: That deserves a good buzz. How sweet of the VaporStore to help me out with that. All loaded with super-decarbed Carnival. :woohoo:

IMG_461513.JPG

Back
Top Bottom