SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

I'll be installing an RO system ASAP

I've been using the water from my dehumidifier as distilled water when I need such things. It's got a 50 pint res on it and I generally dump it daily, so there seems to be plenty of supply for my needs.... perhaps your needs as well... then you could do a humidifier and distilled water is one unit... a 2fer.

Morning.
:hug:SS:hug: Oooooh do you mind if I take a spot ?
I may just be popping in n out to visit for a few more days. But, I really want to see what goes even better for you. What with RO system, "the kit", amazing genetics and natural flowing state of mind with fantastic friends I expect to see growth exponentially for us all through you.
Have a wonderful day :passitleft:

Not only is my name similar to Hash Hound's but I'm also happy to sub onto Sue's new journal well before the pages accumulate. :laughtwo:

:passitleft:

Wow only 7 posts to read to get caught up

It's usually 7 pages to get caught up in your thread Sue

Good luck on the new journal and happy growing.

HH

Thank you Rad for the in-depth explaination. It sounds to me like I need to either invest in a decent system OR find a source for RO water to get me through the span of time before I relocate. It seems a bit crazy for me to be installing a system I'll be uninstalling in a matter of months. If I calculate the water needs in advance and secure bottled that may be enough effort. To be honest, I'm not feeling the urge to purchase a system at this moment, although I am committed to using RO water with the grow.

I'll figure this one out today. I can't waste water in my current environment, so purchasing by the gallon may be my least resistant course for now. Costco should sell it at a reasonable price, I'd think, and the daughter just purchased a membership to the one in our neighborhood. I'll check there today, price some other sources in comparison. I won't mind carting water up the stairs for a time, if that's the way I go.

Your explaination was just what I was hoping to find when I opened this page this morning.

:love: :hug::hug: :love:

I've been using the water from my dehumidifier as distilled water when I need such things. It's got a 50 pint res on it and I generally dump it daily, so there seems to be plenty of supply for my needs.... perhaps your needs as well... then you could do a humidifier and distilled water is one unit... a 2fer.

This is my feeling.... Why invest in an RO system if I'm moving to an area with almost complete saturation? I should be able to supply my water needs from the air conditioners, or so I'd think. It gets wicked hot there, doesn't it?

Morning.
:hug:SS:hug: Oooooh do you mind if I take a spot ?
I may just be popping in n out to visit for a few more days. But, I really want to see what goes even better for you. What with RO system, "the kit", amazing genetics and natural flowing state of mind with fantastic friends I expect to see growth exponentially for us all through you.
Have a wonderful day :passitleft:

Good morning Bright One. :love: :hug: :love: Of course you can have a seat. It wouldn't be the same happy spot without you. :battingeyelashes:

Not only is my name similar to Hash Hound's but I'm also happy to sub onto Sue's new journal well before the pages accumulate. :laughtwo:

:passitleft:

:laughtwo: We'll be able to tell you apart. Hash Hound has those funny glasses. Lol!

Good morning everyone :love:

It's time to let that joy continue to bubble up and cascade all over the day ahead. Engage the universe in childlike wonder and play and watch the universe take on a sweet, very particular kind of sparkle, just because you're in it.

:love: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: : Love:

I need coffee, porridge and brownies. :slide:

so purchasing by the gallon may be my least resistant course for now.
I need coffee, porridge and brownies. :slide:

I need coffee,
I need my 2nd cuppa.......

Missus just fired up a bowl of my super skunk, I just had a sick sweet smell waft over me, need that 2nd cuppa now!
(and she found a seed)

Before I gogo. I use ro from a bottle (for now). I recycle my bottles but still I hate plastic bottles. I too am committed to a RO system in the future.
I collect from my portable AC but that is not enough, I wish I had a reliable rain collection system but that is not possible in my apartment.

Gotta go make a doctor appointment, and that second cuppa!

Oh I am back from Costa Rica, :surf: :surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf::surf:
my plants are fine, whew,

Not everyone lives in a swamp with fancy beads and drunk tourists:rofl:

Thank you Rad for the in-depth explaination. It sounds to me like I need to either invest in a decent system OR find a source for RO water to get me through the span of time before I relocate. It seems a bit crazy for me to be installing a system I'll be uninstalling in a matter of months. If I calculate the water needs in advance and secure bottled that may be enough effort. To be honest, I'm not feeling the urge to purchase a system at this moment, although I am committed to using RO water with the grow

For short term use, don't you have a distiller ?

p.s. In my Massachusetts swampland, I had my dehumidifier hooked up to a sump pump. I used it to water the moss on the east side of the house.

Not everyone lives in a swamp with fancy beads and drunk tourists:rofl:

For short term use, don't you have a distiller ?

Some of us are just luckier than others. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Rad, I forgot all about the distiller. It's my ticket to pure water, isn't it? Hahaha! No wonder I wasn't feeling the urge to buy a system. Lol! I'll start a batch right now. :hug: :love:

This feeling for inspiration works. :laughtwo: Not that I should be sounding surprised, considering how much I've seen it demonstrated in my own life lately. This lends an entirely new perspective to the art of allowing oneself to be a writer, not to mention all the rest of life. Watch out world, I'm starting to catch on. :slide:

Woo hoo i made it to a sweet sue journal early for once lol. Your last journal was on like 200-300 pages by the time i made my way over to your slice of heaven! Glad you are keeping up with the hempy as well

Sue, have you figured out how you are going to grow the Dark Devil in the kit? growing autos in the kit feels weird in my head. I was hoping you would have some insight.

Some of us are just luckier than others. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Rad, I forgot all about the distiller. It's my ticket to pure water, isn't it? Hahaha! No wonder I wasn't feeling the urge to buy a system. Lol! I'll start a batch right now. :hug: :love:

This feeling for inspiration works. :laughtwo: Not that I should be sounding surprised, considering how much I've seen it demonstrated in my own life lately. This lends an entirely new perspective to the art of allowing oneself to be a writer, not to mention all the rest of life. Watch out world, I'm starting to catch on. :slide:

I was about to remind you that Neikodog told you to use your distiller in Jamaica. But, we were smoking a lot of pot at the time so I can see why you could forget. lol

OK....... I started off by moving the shelves out of the bathroom and set them up over by the tiny closet. They can run off the same timer.

IMG_459115.JPG

I'll be planting the Dark Devil Autos after I get back from walking tonight.

Water is being distilled. :slide: Thank you so much Rad for reminding me I had this expensive and underutilized piece of equipment on hand. :hug: You saved me a lot of money I can redirect to shoes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll need to gather some bottles to store water in.

IMG_459314.JPG

The Mars Hydro panels are starting to go. I don't have the expertise to repair one of these, so I'm tossing them up for grabs. Anyone willing to pay shipping is welcome to them. They're both 300 watts. The smaller one says 140 watt draw and the larger one is 180 watts.

IMG_459416.JPG

IMG_459511.JPG

Obviously in need of repair.

IMG_459611.JPG

IMG_459713.JPG

IMG_459811.JPG

For the most part the larger one looks like it's still in good condition. Someone with talent and ingenuity might get a couple more years out of these. They served me well.
Now to get the mess cleaned up and attempt to get the Christmas tree project finished. Catch you later. :ciao: :green_heart:

Water is being distilled. :slide: Thank you so much Rad for reminding me I had this expensive and underutilized piece of equipment on hand. :hug: You saved me a lot of money I can redirect to shoes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll need to gather some bottles to store water in.

Oooo is that a h2o labs? me like!

For the most part the larger one looks like it's still in good condition. Someone with talent and ingenuity might get a couple more years out of these. They served me well.
Now to get the mess cleaned up and attempt to get the Christmas tree project finished. Catch you later. :ciao: :green_heart:

So for any one who is looking for a project these are good to work with. I did a tutorial on replacing the diodes in my signature is a >> link and link here <<

Perhaps the best option for these lights moving forward
Also see fanleafs tutorial on putting COB chips into similar fixtures, good stuff.>>Here linky.Here<< >>Post 302 in the thread<<

If I had the time or inclination I would do a bit of both add a COB and use the diodes for specific spectrum lighting. But I digress.

Sue, have you figured out how you are going to grow the Dark Devil in the kit? growing autos in the kit feels weird in my head. I was hoping you would have some insight.

I've grown the DDA in the kit soil before. I'm a little more versed in the process this time around. You have to be careful not to overwater so they dry out faster between drenches to take full advantage of the accelerated time lines. There's a fine line you strive for, that I haven't found yet, to be honest.

We're all learning together.

I seem to recall that conversation with Neiko, and yes, we smoked a lot. :laughtwo:

I'd love to give these a try if nobody has spoken up yet. Might be good to add some color beside my flood lights.

Deal MrGreene. When you've gotten your post count up to 50 we can PM. I'll send you some info now, but you won't be able to respond with a PM until you cross that 50 post threshold.

Edit: I can't send you any PMs. Don't know what that's all about, but I figure once you can send them we can work it out.

Woo hoo i made it to a sweet sue journal early for once lol. Your last journal was on like 200-300 pages by the time i made my way over to your slice of heaven! Glad you are keeping up with the hempy as well
I feel ya on this lex. First one I could ever read all the way through. But if trends continue it'll be hard to keep up. Like a fountain, smh :passitleft: or a work out for the -growing-intellect.

Back
Top Bottom