Tales From The Krip!

LST STARTED ON CHEESELICIOUS

I started the LST on the two Cheeselicious plants. The poor White Widow has been pretty much ignored and I still need to get her up-potted and start the training on her.

They're all looking pretty good, though, I didn't take any pics of the White Widow this round so she's getting ignored here, too! :)

Here are the two Cheeselicious in their 2 L containers, after a UBT to get four primary colas, and spreading out the four colas:

In a couple/few more weeks, they'll be ready to transplant into the #10's and I'll likely flip 2-3 weeks after that, so it will probably be about four months until harvest which is later than I was hoping.

I haven't run out of stash, just yet, but I did just pick up an oz. of Sour Diesel from a buddy to help hold me over and have a hunch it won't be my last purchase. :rolleyes:

Happy Harvests!

K

P.S. In non-420 related news, I also have a new baby pineapple from one of my pineapple plants...They're so cute at this stage! :love:

View media item 1894690
View media item 1894689

Well two of the plants look lush and green and we'll just have to twiddle our thumbs on the WW! And love that pineapple flower. :thumb: How long before you get a flower? Mine take up to 2-3 years because they're outside all year and not fond of LA winters (compared to Maui). :cheesygrinsmiley:
The time to get a pineapple flower really depends on how the plant is started. If started from a top/crown cutoff of a harvested pineapple, it takes about two years, from a sucker it takes about 18 months, and from a slip it takes about 12 months. However, it just so happens that is a White Jade Pineapple I bought as a small tissue culture plant probably about four years ago!

The time to get a pineapple flower really depends on how the plant is started. If started from a top/crown cutoff of a harvested pineapple, it takes about two years, from a sucker it takes about 18 months, and from a slip it takes about 12 months. However, it just so happens that is a White Jade Pineapple I bought as a small tissue culture plant probably about four years ago!
Thanks Mr K! Mine are all Maui Gold from a single top about 10 years ago. I think most of the current ones are slips but maybe a top or two thrown in the mix. I just leave them outside and water and wait. I've got 6 now but did have 10 or so a few years back. They took up too much room in the courtyard and hurt if you bump into the points!

Thanks Mr K! Mine are all Maui Gold from a single top about 10 years ago. I think most of the current ones are slips but maybe a top or two thrown in the mix. I just leave them outside and water and wait. I've got 6 now but did have 10 or so a few years back. They took up too much room in the courtyard and hurt if you bump into the points!
Yeah, I don't usually recommend people grow pineapples since there's a lot of fruits & veggies that can produce a lot more food in that space over the same amount of time. That said, I have a total of twelve right now. I have four of the White Jade I purchased as tissue cultures, and a few years back I ordered some ridiculously expensive Kauai Sugar Loaf pineapples just to get the genetics and I'm up to eight of those, now.

I'm guessing they're indoors then? Post a pic if you get a chance!
The pineapples? No, they're all outdoors. I have four each in three different outdoor beds. I mostly use them as "filler" plants and plant them under/between other fruit trees trees.

Where’s you wheelie bin?
Still here...just swamped with reality lately. I'll get some pics of the girls up over the weekend. Things are moving pretty slowly. I had hoped I'd be starting flower by now but they're all still in the 2 L's and it will be at least a few more weeks before we're even close. :rolleyes:

Still here...just swamped with reality lately. I'll get some pics of the girls up over the weekend. Things are moving pretty slowly. I had hoped I'd be starting flower by now but they're all still in the 2 L's and it will be at least a few more weeks before we're even close. :rolleyes:
Hi Kripstar!

Hey guess what?!

(You say what…)

I totes stressed my auto out on like every level and it’s my biggest yet. Look the bud is defs looking like the worst auto bud I’ve grown, but she’s big lolllll!

Hi Kripstar!

Hey guess what?!

(You say what…)

I totes stressed my auto out on like every level and it’s my biggest yet. Look the bud is defs looking like the worst auto bud I’ve grown, but she’s big lolllll!
I'll check it out...need to get caught back up on your journal.
Funny, it's not like you to stress a plant! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll check it out...need to get caught back up on your journal.
Funny, it's not like you to stress a plant! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
L O L L I N G !

37E83596-227A-4575-8C2E-A01FA4E976F6.jpeg

Oh Shawn....

I just grew my best autos and got a couple zips each. Smoke is meh or less, ha! I planted right in the finals and trained pretty hard from the get go. I like growing autos but so far, not a fan of the final product.

Cheers Trala, Krip and Crew!
Hi there :)

I’ve been a super fan of autos… until this Wedding Cake lol. While she’s defs big enough, her Britney Spears are lacking. The length is okay, but they are like so thin. Thinnest Coca-Cola’s I’ve ever grown. She’s not even a third of the way through flower so hopefully they thicken at some point.

Back
Top Bottom