Tangie - 400W HPS & 300 MarsHydro LED - Soil - First SCROG

Know the feeling Jay. Some times it is hard to pat ourselves on the back. In addition to a good harvest just think how much you have learned and shared. Your next grow will get better and better.

:cheer:

Just a pic of the SD

IMG_1663.PNG

She is a beautiful girl. I bet she will be a dynamo bud when she matures.
:yummy::yummy:

Thanks man I hope she is! She is already covered in trichs, I'm just waiting for her buds to start putting on some weight. She about a month behind for being outdoors and it's already getting cold at night. Might effect how much bud she produces but I'm sure either way she will have some tasty nuggets!

Nights have been cold here also but the days have been SO NICE. I left my garage door closed last night and the tent stayed about 75F. My flower cycle lights are on from 1AM until 1PM.

Any idea how low your temps at dropping inside the tent?

Nights have been cold here also but the days have been SO NICE. I left my garage door closed last night and the tent stayed about 75F. My flower cycle lights are on from 1AM until 1PM.

Any idea how low your temps at dropping inside the tent?

Yeah the days have been perfect! I've been closing mine as well, this morning it was 48 outside and 73 in the tent and that's with a 600watt HID and the 300watt LED going. I didn't think to check what the temp in the garage was to see how much the lights are bringing up the temp in the tent.

I'm currently burning 2 600w LED's at full spectrum. Currently at 78 F this morning and the garage is setting at 75. I keep the exhaust fan on 24 hours. humidity is really running low today. 39% outside and 42% in the tent (I've been misting today mostly to give the ladybugs some drink).

I'm currently burning 2 600w LED's at full spectrum. Currently at 78 F this morning and the garage is setting at 75. I keep the exhaust fan on 24 hours. humidity is really running low today. 39% outside and 42% in the tent (I've been misting today mostly to give the ladybugs some drink).

Friday morning it was 60F in the garage and 73 in the tent, because the days have been nice the garage doesn't heat up too much and temps in the tent stay around 80-85F. Humidity has been low here as well, I'm sure the lady bugs appreciate the water. Have they helped with the aphids?

Friday morning it was 60F in the garage and 73 in the tent, because the days have been nice the garage doesn't heat up too much and temps in the tent stay around 80-85F. Humidity has been low here as well, I'm sure the lady bugs appreciate the water. Have they helped with the aphids?

Morning Jay -

These cool evenings have been nice. My garage is 75 nd 42% this morning and the tent is running at 76 and 41% humidity.

Lady Bugs are doing a good job and looks like they have an are eating any aphids that hatch. From what I read they will consume up to 60 aphids a day each.

So I have been spraying the SD 2 times a week with the BT spray to combat the caterpillars. I spray the whole plant down right before it gets dark outside. I haven't noticed any issues to the plant or buds, and it hasen't effected the smell. It seems to be working and I have found dead caterpillars a day or two after spraying. I check for those little bastards everyday so I am still finding some now and again that are alive. Luckily I started treating early and they haven't been able to do any damage to the buds. At my buddies they would get into the buds and eat the stem, killing from the middle up to the top of the buds. It was heart breaking to watch! I will keep spraying up till harvest and then wash the buds like I did with the Tangie.

So I have been spraying the SD 2 times a week with the BT spray to combat the caterpillars. I spray the whole plant down right before it gets dark outside. I haven't noticed any issues to the plant or buds, and it hasen't effected the smell. It seems to be working and I have found dead caterpillars a day or two after spraying. I check for those little bastards everyday so I am still finding some now and again that are alive. Luckily I started treating early and they haven't been able to do any damage to the buds. At my buddies they would get into the buds and eat the stem, killing from the middle up to the top of the buds. It was heart breaking to watch! I will keep spraying up till harvest and then wash the buds like I did with the Tangie.

I was afraid of getting Caterpillars after seeing some moths in my tent. I purchased some BT spray but never used it - at least I have it on hand if I needed it. Good luck killing those buggers....

I was afraid of getting Caterpillars after seeing some moths in my tent. I purchased some BT spray but never used it - at least I have it on hand if I needed it. Good luck killing those buggers....

Yeah I would catch a moth in the tent or trying to get in every once in a while but never had any issues inside. Outdoors is a whole different beast when it comes to all the critters out there that want to feast on your buds! If you ever need it the BT works but works the best on young caterpillars iv'e noticed.

I'll keep that in my notes. My girls started outside for Veg so I'm sure I picked up a number of bugs - I had a fight with earwigs that really pissed me off. They were chewing up fan leaves sometimes as much as 1/4 of a leaf in one night. I noticed tonight that my lady bugs were hunting around in the soil for something to munch on.

I'll keep that in my notes. My girls started outside for Veg so I'm sure I picked up a number of bugs - I had a fight with earwigs that really pissed me off. They were chewing up fan leaves sometimes as much as 1/4 of a leaf in one night. I noticed tonight that my lady bugs were hunting around in the soil for something to munch on.

I never really thought about what earwigs eat, i guess I assumed they are other bugs or something. Lol. Good to know there is yet another bug out there that wants in on all our hard work. What did you use to hit rid of them?

I never really thought about what earwigs eat, i guess I assumed they are other bugs or something. Lol. Good to know there is yet another bug out there that wants in on all our hard work. What did you use to hit rid of them?

I used neem oil on them and 1-4 ratio of hydrogen peroxide in the soil. Not sure which got them but after about 3-4 days they were gone. They hide in soil and moist places.

I used neem oil on them and 1-4 ratio of hydrogen peroxide in the soil. Not sure which got them but after about 3-4 days they were gone. They hide in soil and moist places.

Neem oil is great, I def make sure to keep some on hand.

Back
Top Bottom