Tap water?

chris606

ok my tap water comes out at 7.2hp 130ppm when I add nut to it it comes down to 6.3 (I have not used it yet) I let it set out for 2 days to get the chlorine out would it be ok to use it

Re: tap water

Sounds OK to me. :thumb:

I would boil the water for 10 mins +/_ , let it cool down and than PH to see if its ok.. Than add your nutes and you`ll be fine

I am running tap water for both my chem and organic grows. My tapwater is treated with chloramine so it does not evaporate out. Check your local water authority website to find out what they use. Almost all of the US uses chloramine. My ppm is about 42 and pH 7-7.2. Chloramine is supposed to kill beneficial bacteria as well as bad ones, but don't tell my organic plants that!!

P3300795.JPG

I would boil the water for 10 mins +/_ , let it cool down and than PH to see if its ok.. Than add your nutes and you`ll be fine

Always nute first / PH last.

Interesting, I`ve been doing this method for 5 years, without much problems... Thanks,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The reason I do it the other way around is, until the nute's are added, I don't know what the PH is before adjusted. Some of the nute's I've used drop my feed solution from 7.0 down to 6.3. If I adjusted the PH first, I'd end up lower than I want.

Quite a different approach amigo. I prepare my own soil, so, for me boiling the Nutes seem to take out the potency for me..I`m an old dog, always looking for new tricks//:)

In my area "Tap Water" can`t be trusted, i have been doing this step for years and Thank God, my girls have always Flourished.. In fact, for me, this is the only way to go. I think different regions of the country have different treatments.. Straight Tap is a major no no in my book, just like those who plant in cheap soil....

In my area "Tap Water" can`t be trusted, i have been doing this step for years and Thank God, my girls have always Flourished.. In fact, for me, this is the only way to go. I think different regions of the country have different treatments.. Straight Tap is a major no no in my book, just like those who plant in cheap soil....

For sure you are correct that tap water is very different in different areas. I am always counting my blessings for having water with so little issues. In fact our water out of the tap is great for drinking, even better after a pass through a carbon filter.

U can grow a beautiful plant to its full potential.in cheap soil very easily. And a great yield and beautiful natural true smell and taste.its upto the grower;) to bring out the best in the plant. U chose to grow it.it didnt choose u lol;)

Schtiggy i got an autoxtreme at 10 weeks old a full beauty. I put her in cheap compost as a self set challenge.cost me 1.50 pence for 15 litres.but perfect health all the way and big beautiful tight buds.i have pics but dont wna hijack a thread lol;) its down to the grower in my eyes;) happy growing every1;)

I was not going to comment on this but changed my mind on extra info.

Not total sure about boiling water mainly so with hard water types specially if you have lime scale in the kettle & you might just find it increase the PPM value...

Now most tap water i suspect will be PH treated to PH 7 neutral or even mildly alkaline PH 8 give or take a few points etc the reason behind this is that house hold water pipes are copper & soldiered at joins so if you have an acidic water type passing through metal pipes, what do acids do !

Corrode aka potential corrosive over time which means heavy metals from pipe work/soldiering can/will be leached in to the drinking water... heavy metals are not very good for ya health.

So that should cover why we don't ever get perfect PH water out of the tap...

Back
Top Bottom