Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

A little state of the union update today.

Veg tent.... moved a Pineapple Chunk to the bloom room. Put an OGK clone into a cut down 1Gal container.... wanted to try out the wider/shallower format.

IMAG25382.jpg

Bloom room. The OGK is blocking views of everything.

IMAG25334.jpg

I'm not seeing a baby Pineapple Chunk. Are you quitting that one?

I was thinking the same thing while squinting to read which plant was which lol

I'm not seeing a baby Pineapple Chunk. Are you quitting that one?

No... I just moved it this morning.... I'll get a clone as soon as I can scare up a 2L for the Deep Cheese already in the cloner.
Plus, I have one of those seeds still.
The Deep Cheese is really not impressing me in the bloom room. I'm being patient, but it may not be a winner in my garden. The KaliAK may be another one.

I spent an hour or so last night going through (again) the two early flowering PCs I have in scrog, trimming out lots of shaded branches with little buds and general undergrowth chaos. It's an interesting plant, but the main, and maybe only, attraction about it is the end product. The stuff is so damn sticky. That should be a good thing I guess.
If you're mixing a big batch of epoxy glue and you accidentally slip and get uncured epoxy slathered all all over your hands and forearms, is that a good thing? Cause it feels about the same. :hmmmm:

question Tead. How do I make my signature at the bottom "clickable"?

If i remember correctly you copy and paste the URL of your journal in your signature. Worse comes to worse you could PM a mod to help you out, they fixed my latest journal in my sig since it didnt display words only the URL and it annoyed me lol

I spent an hour or so last night going through (again) the two early flowering PCs I have in scrog, trimming out lots of shaded branches with little buds and general undergrowth chaos. It's an interesting plant, but the main, and maybe only, attraction about it is the end product. The stuff is so damn sticky. That should be a good thing I guess.
If you're mixing a big batch of epoxy glue and you accidentally slip and get uncured epoxy slathered all all over your hands and forearms, is that a good thing? Cause it feels about the same. :hmmmm:

I cut the first one well before it got that far along. Been smoking it for a bit now. Nice, but young. I'll have a fully grown example of it soon enough.

Tead: I used low storage bins (3 gallon) for about a year, and the plants really liked them, esp the clones, which don't have a tap root. Those side roots headed right for the sides and the top growth was great!

The downside to the low wide bins is that one 7" tall 3 gallon bin takes up the floor space that two 3 gallon, 14" tall waste bins take up. Now for seeded plants, I would go with the tall bins. For clones the low bins are just fine. it's all about the tap root.

And, if you plant your clones to one side of the bins, you can creatively stack them brick-wall style and take advantage of the space above the root zone. I used the storage bin lids as water trays. Just be ready with a turkey baster to suck up water, if your overflow is too much for the lids. :surf:

At least, that is my experience with low wide bins.

At least, that is my experience with low wide bins.

Ya know those dudes that like... have to kick every tire.... twist every knob.... flick every switch?
That's me.
I really don't think a cut down milk jug will give roots in perlite much traction. I expect significant support issues. Gotta try it tho. Plus, 2L bottles have become surprisingly rare around my shack in da swamp.

Ya know those dudes that like... have to kick every tire.... twist every knob.... flick every switch?
That's me.
I really don't think a cut down milk jug will give roots in perlite much traction. I expect significant support issues. Gotta try it tho. Plus, 2L bottles have become surprisingly rare around my shack in da swamp.

If you just cut a big hole in the top of the milk jug opposite the handle, you can use the handle as a support for the stem. The hole doesnt have to be very big, just big enough for you to pour water in. That is what I did when I tried out my first hempys. That left me pretty much a full gallon to work with. Even better were the empty kitty litter plastic jugs, which were closer to 2+ gallons.

Hey man, not sure if you are super interested in this cut I got. Roots are starting to come out the Rapid Rooter. It's Original Grandaddy Purple's Granddaddy Purple. I also put my last Blue Dream bean in the earth, going to take plenty of clones so you are welcome to one.

OK folks... hang on, it's a busy, busy world in many different ways....

Veg tent
IMAG27582.jpg

PC clone
IMAG2755.jpg

A couple of views into the bloom room
IMAG27532.jpg
IMAG2752.jpg

Betty, of course.
IMAG27501.jpg

Pineapple Chunk just put into bloom
IMAG27481.jpg

Deep Cheese