The Comprehensive

Looks like someone is Gettin Er Done!

All the same seeds?

Pedal Down!
SF

6 Days and Counting.

Yes Sir!
I only ordered 6 feminized beans from Single Seed Centre in the UK. I'll start 2 very soon and go from there. Tried to do 3 strains at once last year and it got so confusing trying to keep everything labeled I decided to just go with 1 strain from there on out.
I am building a nice collection of strains though. I have plenty more WW, AK48, Sensi Star and now Yumbolt 47. All feminized.

Came up with a new garden term last night while doing some checks on the project. I call it " MacGyverponics"

Thanks Brother Butcher!
The 3 strain garden went well until I got my clones all mixed up and lost track. It was fun not knowing what the plants were until they were in bloom.
But that is how I came to be growing only WW now. It was the baddest lady in the bunch so it stayed!:grinjoint:

You are on it!

Nice call on the valve for the flow - that's exactly what they suggest.

And Mr.P looks like a hell of a setup. This is really helpful for me.

Re calling for help - call first. Trust me - he won't mind and he can likely answer all those flow and cooling questions off the top of his head. He knew approximate BTU values and pump flow rates and fan flow rates for everything I threw at him. Just tell him what you wanna do and he'll help. Plus he can sometimes help get you a deal on a chiller.

EDIT: I only say this cause you've already done research and work, and you have your ducks in a row.

:bravo::nicethread:

nice seed choices. labeling can be hectic. but once you know the strain you'll know just by sight. I love the way the yumbolt produces fatty fat colas'. May the canna gods bless your grow:ganjamon:

Damn, I'd kill for some Yumboldt! Or better yet, Thunderboldt! --DROOL--:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
I heard the flavor is phenominal, and thunderboldt has huge yields!!
---DROOL AGAIN---
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Soon Gadget, Soon......MUA, MUA, MUAHAHAHAhahahahaha.......

100_09723.JPG

Coming soon! 4/20 2010

Cooling system update

Ok guys, I think I've dialed in this bad boy about as much as possible. I got the "most effective" numbers to achieve from Hydro Innovations and I think my set up is actually working better than what the maximum expectaions are with the Ice Box. So here we go!
The Ice Box is most effective with an air flow of 250cfm. I'm running mine at 230cfm.
Water ran thru the Ice box at 3-500gph at 10 degrees cooler than the grow room will eliminate the heat from a 1000 watt lamp. I'm only using 575 watts total and the 430 watt hps is on it's own sealed air system. Water ran thru at 20 degrees cooler than the grow room will have an AC effect. I'm running water thru @ 20-40 degrees below the grow room temps.
So I installed the flow valve set it to almost wide open and got out a stop watch. I timed and set the flow rate to about 245-250gph entering the chiller by running the pump to fill a gallon container in about 15 seconds. The flow rate on the return line to the reservoir is only 180gph so I'm taking a guess and thinking the flow rate into the Ice Box is about 200-210gph.
After all this the chiller responded by bringing the water temps down to 48 degrees and the max they rise when everything is on is to 64 degrees. I have the ciller set to 40 but the lowest it would go was 48. I've also rolled back my lights a few hours to run 9 to 9 assuring me that the maximum temps of outside air being injected will not exceed 85 degrees.
After checking the recorded temps my grow room never exceeded 79.8 degrees and the low was 73.4 degrees.
Fellas, I have to say that this set up not only works but is awesome at what it does. It's official, the heat has been beat!

Great thread bro keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom