DankBoy's Indoor Garden

DankBoy101

:welcome: TO DaNkBoY's INDOOR GARDEN JOURNAL

I will start by telling you a little about my past experience with growing. I have been at this for about a year and a half now, and just starting to understand more or less how to grow successfully. I have done it all from inexpensive DIY hydro setups to buying expensive prefab'd hydro setups which in my oppinion are so much more worth the money and time wasted into DIY. My life is very busy and the least amount of time I have to spend tending my gardening is better. When I built my setups I was constantly touching up a leak or trying to adjust this or that..... Then I invested into a bloombox and it was like set it and forget it. I mean there is some challenge to it but still I didnt have to worry about setting up a damn thing, just roll it in, plug it in the wall, and bamm---->>>>ready to GROW. Now this was a good decision because of my busy schedule and lack of space, but now I have more time and more space.

So for my next garden I have setup a sunhut XL to grow in. This hut has lots of space and great reflection. This is going to solve the height and light restrictions that I have with the bloombox, and allow my girls to grow tall and strong. Right now my hut is naked inside and looking to be filled during the next two weeks as my seedling matures and grows enough to get clones. As far as filling the inside of this hut goes I got a good idea what I want to do as a setup but looking for ideas and recommendations from the members too. so on the the fun.. lets GROW!!!

Lights: I have a choice of two lights. A 600 watt hps with air cooled hood or 1000 watt cool tube with switchable ballast but I only have hps bulb for now.

System: I am shooting for 4 DWC buckets because they seem very simple and successful. Offering the plant plenty of room for root growth, and allows better controll of each plants maturity rate. I am just unsure on the size of buckets I should buy: the 3.5 gallon, or the 5 gallon. I prefer the 3.5 to save $ on water and beside I could always go to a larger bucket if needed.

Strain: Mazar-i-sharif AKA Mazar. Flower period 9-10 weeks, maybe more this strain flowers for a long time indoor but gives a good yeild.

Everything else: Like I said Im using the the sunhut XL which measures more or less 4' x 4' x 8'. I will be exhausting the hut with a 6" valueline inline fan with a speed controll and debating whether to make my own carbon filter or buy one. As far a the nutrients go I have plenty of Flora Series but Im thinking about going with the Sensi like I used in the bloom box or go with something new like Flora Nova. Just not sure yet.

just the skin and bones
S21.jpg

S12.jpg

good to see you on board. Ive got some Mazar's running and was under the asumption that they would be "short christmas trees"....not. 5 are 44-50" at 4 weeks bloom..
yes I vegged them awhile but the situation was what it was...6 weeks veg

Pitviper I completely agree with you. I purchased this strain with the intentions that they wouldnt be to big for the bloombox, but in no time they where tuoching the the top of the box. I am going to do a long veg also.. I want these girls to grow huge.

I am a bit disappointed in the humming noise that comes from my valueline fan. I havnt hooked it up to the air ducting or filter yet but from the first test by itself it gives a humming noise thats too loud. I have been trying to baffle the sound. Any ideas?

I am begining to think that this strain that I have been doctoring back to health for the past 5 months is begining to turn on me. I have been flowering this plant for about 3 weeks now in the bloom box. The signs for female are there, and deffinately not a hermie because I flowered the mother also for almost 5 weeks and discarded her do to space issues. Although she was never healthy during flowering and showing weird root bound looking signs.

I dunno maybe she just a really later bloomer. we will see bacause ima keep the cycle going. absolutley no signs of buds yet..... I have been searching through the net to see if there is any cases in which a plant is neither male female or hermie.

I am going on week 4 now of flowering and i rolled the light back for 36 hours last week to force these stuburn girls to flower. There have been distinct signs of female but zero buds and starting to give me the same problem as before when I was growing in soil. Almost looks like root bound, which would be impossible in the bloombox. This also happened at the same stage when the mother was flowering. I think its a disorder in the strain, so if things dont change by next week, which i really doubt, I will be axing these girls because i have already lost buying water for the last 6 weeks.

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

If you find any finished journals just let me know and I will move them to the completed forum.

hey there ms. fox I have been very busy the last few weeks. Well here is some pics of the progress with my tent setup. Also my mother mazar is about 4-5 weeks old now from seed, I am guessing another 1-2 weeks before cloning.
d35.jpg

only running 400 watt right now to finish up some some clones from my last grow
d211.jpg

buds are getting heavy and starting to bend over
d55.jpg

intake fan
d45.jpg

exhaust, 5000btu cooling room and ballast
d113.jpg

heres my mother at I think 3 weeks
d64.jpg

this is about 4 weeks and clones are starting to show. i will post some better pics this week
d74.jpg

as soon as I finish up the 5 ladies that are close to harvest i will be setting up the four deep water culture buckets and removing the 400 watt and putting some 50" flourescents in the tent to veg, and using the 1000 watt cool tube in the pic above for flowering. The setup works very well, and my climate conditions are perfect. I hope the girls grow huge in this tent!!

Has anybody have experience with deep water culture. I am looking for any suggestions, tips, or any knowlegde at all about using this type of hydro. I will be starting with the smaller 3 gal buckets and can move up if needed. there will be an 18 watt air pump split four ways that pushes 38 liters of air per min. and advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom for feeding

heres a closer look of my mother plant. almost ready to clone, im hoping one more week. she is looking very healthy and has a perfect structure. i bumped up the nutrients this week and she just took off growing.
d103.jpg

d83.jpg

d92.jpg

I started flushing this week. planning to harvest in about 10-14 days. I like to do a long flushing.
C71.jpg

C62.jpg

C311.jpg

These plants are very short. The tallest is probably about 18". The stems are starting to bend over from the weight of the bud.

Thanks for droppin by hazeseeker.

My grow room is filled will the smell of success once again. From my first guess I would assume yeilding 1.5-2 oz. off the 5 plants. Its so cool to watch the buds explode in size during the last couple weeks.

I am aiming for a very large yeild from the dwc buckets. I have magazine article that says its possible to yeild a pound from one plant. Im sure this is only possible with the right strains and conditions being extremely perfect. I will be going for 1 lb from the four buckets. Hoping to have some nice christmas nugs:ganjamon:

Nice picts I like the look of them each week. The tent is Cool Im waiting to see How yours works>

hey bilbus thanks for subscribing to the thread. This is going to be a good grow around. check out the queen bee this week. There are 6 good lookin stems that are ready to be cloned. planning to do this tom. or tues. i will post some picks once they go into the aerocloner
a83.jpg

a103.jpg

here you can see the clones good. cant figure out why the leaves on the clones are curling under and look droopy but not the fan leaves.
a93.jpg

this grl is very healthy and about ready for a bigger pot

Back
Top Bottom