The Comprehensive

Nice plug for local artists OB.

So, speaking of glass, what's the best way to clean your bong? Any household items that can be combined to really get the "gunk" out? I was thinking of trying Coca-Cola, since that seems to be a cleaner in "disguise", I hear it eats away all kinds of nasty.

I'd be interested in your McGyver expertise, or even if you know of a chemical cleaner to use. A ton of years ago, I think there was a liquid called Grunge, or something like that?

Thanks Bandit!
SF

This one I have a slam dunk answer for! Old stoner recepie comes in and out of knowledge. Been using it for 20 years.

Rubbing Alcohol and Sea Salt or Margarita Salt - the big chunky stuff - not table salt. Both available at the grocery store for less than a few dollars total for lots. Put in the amt of alcohol you think would be right (basically a few inches in a bong or maybe a tbspoon in a small pipe - you can't really screw it up), and the amt of salt needed to act as a nice healthy abrasive in there. Slosh it around. Rinse with water.

100% guaranteed to please. I remember when Grunge Off first came out it was like $30. Grunge Off is only a few dollars now and I'm pretty sure this is why. pfffffffffff - you can make like 10x as much for same few dollars.

:peace:

:roorrip:

This one I have a slam dunk answer for! Old stoner recepie comes in and out of knowledge. Been using it for 20 years.

Rocking with the Papa!!!

Thanks a ton. Definitely going home to give this a go!

Much Love.

SF

PS. OB Love the pics! Goodness on a constant cycle. Gotta love it!

Man I love the sound of the "R2D2 Clones". That sounds like a line out of Star Wars. In an alternate dimension. Where R2D2 isn't content with a little zap like in the first movie. No... the R2D2 Matrix of Clones is created and sucks the energy from the guy playing the teen guy in V who should be on Dawson's Creek. Meanwhile McGyver arrives. He's modified the Blue Energy so that instead of firing lightning bolts it fires... you guessed it - YUMBOLTS!

:yahoo::rofl:

Can you tell I am well medicated right now?

PS - Glad to pass on the cleaner tip.

Man I love the sound of the "R2D2 Clones". That sounds like a line out of Star Wars. In an alternate dimension. Where R2D2 isn't content with a little zap like in the first movie. No... the R2D2 Matrix of Clones is created and sucks the energy from the guy playing the teen guy in V who should be on Dawson's Creek. Meanwhile McGyver arrives. He's modified the Blue Energy so that instead of firing lightning bolts it fires... you guessed it - YUMBOLTS!

:yahoo::rofl:

Can you tell I am well medicated right now?

PS - Glad to pass on the cleaner tip.

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey Papa,
you wanna know what my first idea for lighting was?
I wanted to get one of those toy lightsabers and slice it in half length wise and attach a single 2 foot T5 fixture in each half of the lightsaber, cross them over the canopy to make it look like clashing lightsabers were lighting the machine.
Unfortunately the hydro shop was out of the single lamp fixtures.

oh well. Looks very sweet anywho!! You should hook up a motion sensor just inside the lid, and attach it to a little tiny speaker that does the R2D2 whistles when you stick your hand in there!!!

I just picture every time the Bandit walks into the room, the "Death Star" march music automatically starts playing in the grow room!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

LMAO! Guess What my ring tone is?

oh well. Looks very sweet anywho!! You should hook up a motion sensor just inside the lid, and attach it to a little tiny speaker that does the R2D2 whistles when you stick your hand in there!!!

LMAO Again!
Dude! I have a 1977 R2D2 telephone that lights up, his dome rotates, and he does the classic bleep and bloops when it rings. It still works great but I dont use it. It just sits on a display shelf.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No clonex, olivia's, or nothing! Just some Dagobah swamp water, an ancient Jedi mind trick, and of course R2!

100_10021.JPG

Outstanding work my friend! Those are some siK rootz for a Jedi mind trick!

I love these kind of pics! Here we can see a nice 100% success rate on the six site R2D2 cloner. It's taken 10 full days to get these results. The one cube where you cannot see any roots actually has pin heads popping out on the other side out of view.
Compared to my Botanicare cloner which has an 8 day average this R2D2 cloner performed very well. These clones also had to push thru a full unwrapped rockwool cubes before I could identify them as being rooted.

100_1007.JPG

Here we see the health of the clones from the canopy view

100_1008.JPG

The cloning bucket I built is very simple and inexpensive. The R2D2 housing I used is just a fancy cab to hold the bucket. The bucket should perform just as well sitting on a table or in a veg box under cfls or a nice T5 fixture. Humidity domes are totally optional when it comes to aeroponic cloning.

Here is a pic of the bucket during testing. As you can see I did not use a fancy manifold with ez cloner style sprayers but rather a simple 1/2" x 4" piece of tubing with a 360 degree whirlygig sprinkler to spray the cloning solution for 15 minutes every hour.
100_09451.JPG

Here is a pic of the pump and sprayer. Full construction details will be posted on my diy thread in the coming days

100_09442.JPG

Harvest Time!:yahoo:

The six little plants that started off this journal have now been chopped and cleaned. No plant was taller than 22 inches. These plants grew very efficiently with more bud than leaf or stem when they were chopped.
Two negatives that came from this harvest are the impact from the thrips which in the end was minimal but the biggest negative was the root structures of every plant. When I disected the rootballs I made a disturbing discovery.
Because I vegged these plants in square 1 gallon pots the root balls continued to grow in a square pattern and did not get to fully spread throughout the five gallon pot. This led to the plants feeding less thus not fulfilling their maximum potential. This travesty will never happen in my garden again. Even though I've already began the move to Air Pots for every stage of growth I have made a vow to never allow square pots to be used in my garden again under any circumstance.

100_10193.JPG
100_10204.JPG

The breakdown on this haul looks like it will be less than 3oz grown in 6 square feet of space which is not bad but it's not great either. I demand more from myself as a grower and will work harder and smarter to better my game. :Rasta:

Your attitude as a grower is outstanding OB !! You are always looking for the science in the grow and to change any variables or to weed out imperfect tech's I applaud the way you approach growing. If I had an emoticon for standing ovation you would get it sir! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom