The Comprehensive

OB I am growing tomatoes and hops, I started the tomatoes in 4 inch peat pots under weak cfl's for about a month. I re-potted into the 4.3 gallon air pots and put them under a 8 tube T-5 Badboy at the middle of last week, the plants have grown about a inch a day or better since putting them into the air pots and under the larger light. I gave them a weak watering on Friday morning, probably just enough to wet the res at the top of the pot. The soil is still moist today. I am using FFOF with about 25% FF large perlite with about 15 or 20% FF Light Warrior. When I watered Friday morning I used less than 2 gallons into the five 4.3 gallon pots. I would have thought that the soil would have been dried out by today. These pots are amazing. Should I drench the pots until water starts to run out of the bottom? The plants look great.

:goodjob:

OB. I know it's not what you expected. Nevertheless, it looks like you have some decent harvest on hand. Obviously, I'm looking forward to what's next.

Those baby's in your aeropots will undoubtedly turn out to be MONSTERS!

Will be looking forward to a little moke report.

:bong:

Have a great day bud!
SF

OB I am growing tomatoes and hops, I started the tomatoes in 4 inch peat pots under weak cfl's for about a month. I re-potted into the 4.3 gallon air pots and put them under a 8 tube T-5 Badboy at the middle of last week, the plants have grown about a inch a day or better since putting them into the air pots and under the larger light. I gave them a weak watering on Friday morning, probably just enough to wet the res at the top of the pot. The soil is still moist today. I am using FFOF with about 25% FF large perlite with about 15 or 20% FF Light Warrior. When I watered Friday morning I used less than 2 gallons into the five 4.3 gallon pots. I would have thought that the soil would have been dried out by today. These pots are amazing. Should I drench the pots until water starts to run out of the bottom? The plants look great.

The plants I have in air pots drink a substantial amount of water compared to their sisters in buckets or pots. I feed the plant in the 5.2 pot nearly a gallon a day now and sometimes even that's not enough. Her and I have become very close and I can read her like a book when she's thirsty but I always confirm it by checking the weight of the pot.
Because water seems to rush thru the root zone and out of some of the side holes I slowly water the plants so the water will soak thru and run off. For example if I feed her a full gallon she typically has a 1/4 to 1/2 gallon of run off. I'll then rewater her with the run off water until the run off is just a small puddle under her. That will keep her roots drenched for at least one day. She is very heavy feeder!
Once them 'maters start setting fruit you'll probably find yourself watering daily and just trying to soak the hell out the plants because they'll be sucking it up so fast. :goodluck::Rasta:

Here is an update on the hash garden being ran by my young apprentice. He's trying out something of an LST in the right side of the garden to see if the LST will yield more than the single cola plants. So far it looks about even.
Instead of using a single 250 or 400 watt lamp we opted to go with a couple spare 150s I have. I'm begining to be a huge believer in multiple low watt lamps rather than one single hi watt lamp for sog

100_10212.JPG

There are 7 plants in this photo growing in 2 gallon pots filled with undilluted Happy Frog soil. We're also feeling groovy about the pure Happy Frog. No problems with drainage and the plants are very happy. I'm also using happy frog on some berries and flowers with tremendous results.:yummy:

:goodjob:

OB. I know it's not what you expected. Nevertheless, it looks like you have some decent harvest on hand. Obviously, I'm looking forward to what's next.

Those baby's in your aeropots will undoubtedly turn out to be MONSTERS!

Will be looking forward to a little moke report.

:bong:

Have a great day bud!
SF

Thanks Brother Stanky! :rofl:

The yield is not too bad at all. It's just that I'm accustomed to pulling up 30 inch plants instead of 22s so I left something on the table and shorted myself maybe a full ounce.
One good thing that came out of it was that I was wondering if they were squatty from being eighth generation clones which was raising concern. To find out in the end it was because of the roots growing in an ill manner was the culprit did bring some relief. I also knew something was amuck because I was only having to water them once a week to ten days which I now know is a tell tale sign of the roots not filling up the pot.;)

OB.

Yeah man. I remember reading back in your journal that you didn't think taking clones of clones had any degenerative effect. I thought you mentioned you've done close to 11 at the most.

I was curious on a strain if you can remember. One of your pics on your MVP...

Can you recall the strain?

:peace: man!
SF

This pic shows the best plant out of the six. I've removed her fan leaves to reveal her structure. You can see here how there is bud on nearly every inch of the plant having virtually no wasted growth. This is my goal for the clones I grow in my lazy sog. I just want them a little bigger!

100_10152.JPG

OB.

Yeah man. I remember reading back in your journal that you didn't think taking clones of clones had any degenerative effect. I thought you mentioned you've done close to 11 at the most.

I was curious on a strain if you can remember. One of your pics on your MVP...

Can you recall the strain?

:peace: man!
SF

That would be WW from greenhouse seeds.
I'm a big believer in cloning from clones for dozens of generations but I did have Motavation collapse on me after four gens so there is always a bit of wonder when things dont look quite right.:grinjoint:

wowzer, I just caught up and not only found this journal hilarious but right on schedule for me with all the input on chillers and the light coolers. I am trying an different appraoch by placing my aero tubs directly into my chiller rez so the ambient h2o temp should be maintained inside each tub. and of course being an "old" Star Wars Fan (saw the first movie on our fungus friend when it first came out) the r2d2 cloner was stellar and I would/will give you reps as soon as I figure that whole thing out. some times it's tough being an older newbie.

wowzer, I just caught up and not only found this journal hilarious but right on schedule for me with all the input on chillers and the light coolers. I am trying an different appraoch by placing my aero tubs directly into my chiller rez so the ambient h2o temp should be maintained inside each tub. and of course being an "old" Star Wars Fan (saw the first movie on our fungus friend when it first came out) the r2d2 cloner was stellar and I would/will give you reps as soon as I figure that whole thing out. some times it's tough being an older newbie.

Glad to have you here direless! :welcome:
A good way to cool your reservoirs would be to run a set up similar to what I've built but instead of your cold water from the chiller reservoir going to an Ice Box it would go thru a stainless steel coil and that coil would be submerged in your aero tub to cool it down.

Thanks Brother Cafghanica!
No grow is ever the same for me. There's always some little variable that I can learn from and tweak to better my yields. It's a never ending quest!

I hear ya there bro! Nice yield. it looks like some topshelf killer smoke to me! What strainn is that again? Oh, by the way how is the Dark Energy treating you? Have you noticed any results yet?
+REP if I can!:goodjob::thumb::peacetwo:

I hear ya there bro! Nice yield. it looks like some topshelf killer smoke to me! What strainn is that again? Oh, by the way how is the Dark Energy treating you? Have you noticed any results yet?
+REP if I can!:goodjob::thumb::peacetwo:

Thanks Jason! It's WW. This beast here has been fed DE twice now. She is also getting the Liquid Light + Penetrator and she's on the full General Organics nutrient line. Not to mention her roots are in a 5.2 gallon airpot.
She stands at 52 inches in this pic and is proabably a couple inches bigger all around today. Her lighting is 430 watt hps, 155 watts of LED and a 2' 4 bulb T5 HO with three red and one blue bulbs lights her side canopy.

100_10031.JPG

beautiful plants. Want to start experimenting in AZ using a green house. No light system needed here, but how do you protect the plants from too much sun and keep them from burning?

Thanks Pit! Nothing makes me happier than to walk into my garden and see those plants with their leaves cupped up catching light. The sure fire sign of knowing the plants are healthy and growing at their max potential!
God bless the grass that grows between the cracks!

I would suggest an SPF of 30 or higher sunscreen......

Looking good Orange.. I like that 5.2 gal airpot. I was wondering how big they made those.... I'll be watching and waiting to see that beast in full bloom..... Keep up the good work..

beautiful plants. Want to start experimenting in AZ using a green house. No light system needed here, but how do you protect the plants from too much sun and keep them from burning?

My garden and all of the pics in this thread are grown indoors. Some of my pics are shot outside on my deck right before I chop them.
I do have a few pics of outdoor plants in my MVP thread and I am making plans for my outdoor grow now.
Being on the edge of the desert we have native oaks, sycamore, hackberry amongst many other large trees that surround my property.
I find spots that will recieve full sun from dawn untill 1pm at the latest and then be shaded by the large trees. I also try to find spots that will get a couple hours of light right before sunset. My plants grow and set bud just fine when it's consistently 105 as long as I keep them well watered and shaded from the afternoon nuking.
I live in an urban area so I cannot grow large plants outdoors(30"-40"max) and I grow them in 5 gallon pots in case I need to move them.
I start my outdoor plants indoors and veg them indoors until early August thru early September and I harvest from Halloween thru Christmas having moved my plants to a greenhouse in early November. ;)

Back
Top Bottom