The Living Medicine Cabinet

sweet. sorry if I came off aggressive, I'm just trying to help. you have to treat seedlings this way too so the roots search for water as the medium dries (which results in bigger plants). are you growing auots? if so a plant will gain most of its size and structure in the first 5-6 weeks (3 weeks till first flower then 2-3 weeks more of stretch). I really want to see what that 48 reflector can do. is it the 3 watt or 5 watt model? I know it can be difficult with leds and low temperatures, but you can do it :high-five:

I am growing two regular seeds (the Orient Express) and one fem (Sour Blueberry). Flowered straight from seed using 11/13. That of course accounts for some of their height. Or lack of it.

Check out my last grow for what a 48 Reflector 3 watt can do. That's right 3 watt :) The last grow was just average I think. I let one strain get too big for the light, and the other was too stout of an indica to scrog. Had it been a little neater, I wouldn't be surprised if i had gotten another half or more with the current set up.

I'm pretty much certain I am going to be buying Mars' old series 300 watt light to hang up next to the 48. Hell, it might even be better at handling the whole cabinet on its own, unless I am scrogging and need the really wide light disbursement of that and the 48 side by side.

I grow 12/12 from seed with photoperiod seeds as well and they act just like autos. I'm glad I'm here now to check out your garden and I'm also gonna check out your prior grow. I had a 60x5w led fixture and it warmed my area just about as much as a 150 watt hps fixture does. you're gonna love it.

I grow 12/12 from seed with regular seeds as well and they act just like autos. I'm glad I'm here now to check out your garden and I'm also gonna check out your prior grow. I had a 60x5w led fixture and it warmed my area just about as much as a 150 watt hps fixture does. you're gonna love it.

Glad you are aboard! Do you think those two lights side by side will create too much of an uneven light penetration? I imagine the 60x5w is noticeably brighter than 48 reflector. And all of the diodes are placed closer together.

Just curious - How do you mean they act like autos? I have never grown autos before.

I think you'll be fine with the two lights in one tent especially since you should keep leds 18" away from the canopy. that'll ensure a big footprint. it's gonna get hot in there though with 200+ watts running. another option (if you have another grow area) is to veg with the 48 reflector for 2-3 weeks and flower under the 300w. are you going to have enough vertical space for these big plants?

I think you'll be fine with the two lights in one tent especially since you should keep leds 18" away from the canopy. that'll ensure a big footprint. it's gonna get hot in there though with 200+ watts running. another option (if you have another grow area) is to veg with the 48 reflector for 2-3 weeks and flower under the 300w. are you going to have enough vertical space for these big plants?

Do you think these are going to get big? I'm thinking they are going to make one last push as they start to bulk up and be kind wimpy when all is said and done.

Do you think these are going to get big? I'm thinking they are going to make one last push as they start to bulk up and be kind wimpy when all is said and done.

not the ones that are already in flower, but the seedlings will be though. they do most of their "growing" the first 5-6 weeks of life.

Just curious.. When u say 48 reflector ur referring to a 48w led fixture? Where coukd i find one since my space is about the same size as yours

Its 48 x 3watt diodes. This panel is made by Mars Hydro. They only sell the 5 watt panel now, though. Its the same thing just brighter. Also check out their online store on another site I cant mention here because they still sell some of their older panels that you can no longer order on their website.

not the ones that are already in flower, but the seedlings will be though. they do most of their "growing" the first 5-6 weeks of life.

So you think that afgooey seedling will stretch? I was hoping it would little more since I started it in a one gallon container.

So you think that afgooey seedling will stretch? I was hoping it would little more since I started it in a one gallon container.

definitely, you just have to water differently. soak the medium till runoff then let it dry for probably 5 days.

for now. when the plant is big it's going need water and food more frequently. I use 32 ounce containers under a 150 watt hps fixture and I have to water my big plants every other day and my medium sized plants every three days (once they reach their full size). roots before shoots. train those roots to search for the water and use every inch of your medium and the plant size will match its root mass. :high-five:

if you water a little everyday the roots will have no reason to expand.

The elusive CC posts an update so that this journal doesn't shut down. :)

I'm just waiting for this grow to be over so i can get something better started! I have a trip to CO coming up in March...I will have to harvest this pittance before then...

Sour Blueberry
WP_20160204_17_43_40_Pro.jpg

Orient Express 1
WP_20160204_17_43_48_Pro.jpg

Orient Express 2
WP_20160204_17_43_54_Pro.jpg

Afgooey
WP_20160204_17_44_11_Pro.jpg

Mini trees :)
WP_20160204_17_44_21_Pro.jpg

nice. should give you some good medicine. how old is afgooey? what you got in the corner?

nice. should give you some good medicine. how old is afgooey? what you got in the corner?

Afgooey is about 4 weeks old...this 11/13 lighting cycle really stunts their growth. Thats where it would have been with 18/6 2-3 weeks ago.

I have Sage, basil, and a sweet pepper plant in the corner! :)

Afgooey is about 4 weeks old...this 11/13 lighting cycle really stunts their growth. Thats where it would have been with 18/6 2-3 weeks ago.

I have Sage, basil, and a sweet pepper plant in the corner! :)

that's close to what my plants look at that age at 12/12 from seed. make sure you're giving her enough water.

Update

These are from a few days ago

WP_20160220_09_37_01_Pro.jpg

Afgooey - Goes to show that you SHOULD start your seeds in as big of a container as you can.

WP_20160220_09_37_10_Pro.jpg

Orient Express 1 - Probably has a week at most left in her. she is really starting to yellow up. Her thichs are mostly cloudy. Id like to pull a sativa before it gets too amber just to see how it turns out.

WP_20160220_09_37_29_Pro.jpg

Orient Express 2 - Same deal.
WP_20160220_09_37_35_Pro.jpg

Sour Blueberry - Going to be coming down in about a week

WP_20160220_09_37_20_Pro.jpg

After this I will just have the Afgooey going. I am going to be taking a hiatus from posting here (or at least journaling) while I focus on getting my veggie garden going. I'm going to be using the cabinet to start seeds and am thinking about picking up a 2 ft T5 fixture to start even more seeds elsewhere in my apartment. If some of you are interested I might start a non-cannabis journal just to keep a log of what I am doing.

Another big reason I am taking a break is because cannabis and I also need to take a bit of a break....just to clear my head and get some things done that weren't getting done. Id like to start growing again in April or May with another flower from seed grow. Now that I know if I start in a larger container I can get decent sized plants without having to put the effort into scrogging, I should have a bit more luck the next go around

peace.

Back
Top Bottom